The Thread of Democrats

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Lol sneaky, but fair
Attachments
IMG_5436.JPG
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Yep
Attachments
IMG_5429.JPG
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Forty Two wrote:The proof is out there!
So Kim Dotcom is working both sides. I am not surprised.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 12:31 am

Same ones...
Attachments
IMG_5444.JPG

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 12:32 am

Ha
Attachments
IMG_5428.JPG
IMG_5428.JPG (82.04 KiB) Viewed 7611 times

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 24, 2017 12:41 am

You don't see the difference in the two cases? (I know I am going to greatly regret asking this).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 1:17 am

Which two cases?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 1:18 am

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 24, 2017 1:21 am

Forty Two wrote:Which two cases?
This is a serious question - are you proficient in English? It can't be your first language.

I don't know why I keep expecting you to understand simple and basic English. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.

Case 1: Comey influencing the election 11 days out

Case 2: Comey investigating possible treason by Trump et al.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 am

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Which two cases?
This is a serious question - are you proficient in English? It can't be your first language.
I don't trust you, so I'd prefer it if you just ask an explicit question. I also don't like the way you can't seem to pose a question without it being snark-ridden. You can't just say that you see a difference between this case and that case, explain your position, and ask me if I agree.
pErvin wrote:
I don't know why I keep expecting you to understand simple and basic English. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.
I just expect you to play stupid games. Whatever I respond, you'll make a snarky comment, insult me, and then tell me you were talking about something else. I prefer you just be explicit.
pErvin wrote:

The former did not go away. He didn't stop being untrustworthy, possibly criminal, not worthy of confidence and properly the subject of a resignation, just because 3 to 6 months went by.

And, nobody has alleged any treason. All the investigators have said, quite clearly, there is no evidence of collusion between anyone in the Trump camp and the Russians. That's up to about a couple of weeks ago. Nothing new has come out. Once again, this investigation has been of Russian meddling in the election in general, and it includes Trump personnel only insofar as they may appear related to the investigation as it continues. As of right now, nobody has suggested that there is anything wrong with what the Trump camp did.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 am

Remember when this was the rule the Democrats were selling....

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:

The former did not go away. He didn't stop being untrustworthy, possibly criminal, not worthy of confidence and properly the subject of a resignation, just because 3 to 6 months went by.
What I'm trying to explain to you is that they are referring to two totally different things. It's perfectly reasonable to hold the position that Comey should be sacked for one and not the other. You, of course, are still holding to the bullshit position that Trump sacked Comey in part for the way he handled the Clinton email thing 11 days before the election. I suspect that outside rusted on Trump supporters, no one believes that shit. Not least the Democrats. It's perfectly reasonable for the Democrats to point out a potential case of serious meddling in justice by Trump in firing Comey, and that Comey should have been fired for the way he interfered in the election. There is no contradiction there, as much as you and Fox News want there to be one.
And, nobody has alleged any treason. All the investigators have said, quite clearly, there is no evidence of collusion between anyone in the Trump camp and the Russians. That's up to about a couple of weeks ago. Nothing new has come out. Once again, this investigation has been of Russian meddling in the election in general, and it includes Trump personnel only insofar as they may appear related to the investigation as it continues. As of right now, nobody has suggested that there is anything wrong with what the Trump camp did.
The investigation itself suggests that there's a reasonable belief that interference and collusion occurred. If there wasn't, there wouldn't be multiple investigations going on.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 24, 2017 1:54 am

Forty Two wrote:Remember when this was the rule the Democrats were selling....

I'd like to see the original post. Do you have the link? Sounds like absolute bullshit. Do you even know what Occupy Democrats is?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 2:06 am

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:

What I'm trying to explain to you is that they are referring to two totally different things.
What I'm trying to explain to you is that Comey is the same guy in August through November of 2016 as he was in January through May of 2017, and his criminal, nontrustworthy, deficient conduct did not go away just because he started doing something else. It's not reasonable to say that what he did in October/November of 2016 warrants him being gone, but because he started investigating Trump he's now a model FBI director whose termination is a threat to democracy.
pErvin wrote: It's perfectly reasonable to hold the position that Comey should be sacked for one and not the other. You, of course, are still holding to the bullshit position that Trump sacked Comey in part for the way he handled the Clinton email thing 11 days before the election.
I never said why I thought Comey was fired. I don't pretend to know. Even assuming he was fired by Trump because he wouldn't drop the Flynn investigation or because of "this whole Russia thing" it doesn't make Chuck Schumer less of a fucking hypocrite.
pErvin wrote: I suspect that outside rusted on Trump supporters, no one believes that shit. Not least the Democrats. It's perfectly reasonable for the Democrats to point out a potential case of serious meddling in justice by Trump in firing Comey, and that Comey should have been fired for the way he interfered in the election. There is no contradiction there, as much as you and Fox News want there to be one.
There is a major contradiction there, because that's not all they did - just point out a potential case of serious meddling. They wholesale reversed their positions. Schumer did not get up and say "we agree with the decision to sack Comey, but we disagree with the timing and we see that Trump seems to be doing this to benefit himself...."
pErvin wrote:
The investigation itself suggests that there's a reasonable belief that interference and collusion occurred. If there wasn't, there wouldn't be multiple investigations going on.
The investigation itself suggests nothing of the kind, and you suggested you read Comey's words. He flat out said it suggests nothing of the kind.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 24, 2017 2:30 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote: I suspect that outside rusted on Trump supporters, no one believes that shit. Not least the Democrats. It's perfectly reasonable for the Democrats to point out a potential case of serious meddling in justice by Trump in firing Comey, and that Comey should have been fired for the way he interfered in the election. There is no contradiction there, as much as you and Fox News want there to be one.
There is a major contradiction there, because that's not all they did - just point out a potential case of serious meddling. They wholesale reversed their positions.
Provide your working. What did they say that was contradictory? How did they reverse their positions? Nothing you've posted so far shows any of that.
pErvin wrote:
The investigation itself suggests nothing of the kind, and you suggested you read Comey's words. He flat out said it suggests nothing of the kind.
Riiight, so they are investigating something that they have no reason to believe is possibly true? Welcome to naive Liberaland.