General Election UK, June 8th...

Alan B

Re: General Election UK, June 8th...

Post by Alan B » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 pm

PsychoSerenity wrote:
Rum wrote:As an aside the N Ireland peace process assures all the Irish parties that the UK government will remain strictly neutral. I wonder what Sinn Fein/IRA will make of this deal..
Yeah this is particularly concerning. Especially while May wants to undermine the Human Rights Act and negotiate any sort of North/South border.
Well, there's always Sinn Fein to, er, 'balance' the situation... :whistle: (I know, I know, they haven't taken any seats...)

That would really put the 'cat among the pigeons' - it would point out what a silly cow May is for trying to cling onto power via the DUP.

(I don't think it will do Corbyn much good either).
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:04 pm

I think Tory attack-dog Peter Oborne has had a stroke in the night or something. Today in teh Mail...
mail-online.com wrote:Love him or hate him, there’s no question that yesterday’s election victory is a considerable achievement for Jeremy Corbyn.

The 68-year-old Labour leader was written off by every self-appointed political expert when the campaign started.

They expected his campaign to collapse, all the more so because Corbyn was undermined by many from his own side, with a clear majority of Labour MPs refusing even to serve in his leadership team.

Yet he confounded the experts by securing more than 40 per cent of the popular vote – more than any Labour leader since Tony Blair in 2001.

When Mr Corbyn became leader, Labour had lost seats in four consecutive elections since 1997.

In the face of apparently insuperable odds, he reversed that trend, raising the number of party seats from 232 to 262.

Many predicted the death of the Labour Party itself when Mr Corbyn took over. Yet he has managed to bring it back to life....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... rites.html
..and on the day the election was called...
mail-online.com wrote:Though it may have taken some time, Theresa May has finally woken up and seen sense. The Prime Minister had repeatedly ruled out even the possibility of calling a General Election, most recently late last month.

This was plain bonkers. It has long been obvious to anyone with a scintilla of political intelligence that a General Election was the only course of action. Indeed, I have called for just such a bold decision in these pages since the start of the year.

Now, Mrs May has the opportunity to secure for herself a personal mandate as Prime Minister. She can negotiate Brexit on her own terms. She can win the substantial parliamentary majority she desperately needs, rather than scrape by on a tiny majority that barely stretches past single figures. And she can change British politics for ever.

I believe this will be one of the most important elections in British democratic history because it gives Mrs May the chance to do what every Tory leader since Winston Churchill has yearned to achieve: put an end to the Labour Party once and for all.

The brutal fact is that Labour cannot survive as a mass political party after the General Election on June 8. Jeremy Corbyn’s restless rabble now stands at 23 per cent in the opinion polls....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... BORNE.html
:)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:09 pm

I recall in my youth in the 1980s absolutely not having every movie, pron or not, across the planet at call on a TV Screen that could double as a book and hold all the worlds knowledge. And as a student living in squalid rat/mouse infested digs with virtually no monies that made protesting a real alternative to starving.... :cane:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Crumple wrote:I recall in my youth in the 1980s absolutely not having every movie, pron or not, across the planet at call on a TV Screen that could double as a book and hold all the worlds knowledge. And as a student living in squalid rat/mouse infested digs with virtually no monies that made protesting a real alternative to starving.... :cane:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:52 am

Jesus Christ, Brian! The Hammond organ rising up out of the depths...

My Dad wouldn't have a TV in the house - that was for common people.

Then he discovered Saturday afternoon horse racing...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 am

What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 am

Best thing to come out of this election.

https://www.indy100.com/article/matthew ... nt-7783576
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:45 am

:funny:

Osborne says May is a dead man walking.

:funny:

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:37 am

George Osborne says Theresa May is a 'dead woman walking'
Please get it right. She is a cunt after all. :biggrin:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:46 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
George Osborne says Theresa May is a 'dead woman walking'
Please get it right. She is a cunt after all. :biggrin:
Do you regard cunts as a design fault?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Feck

Post by Feck » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Since May's nick- name was "the submarine" should they start calling her "Das Boot " In Europe now ?
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Crumple wrote:...as a student living in squalid rat/mouse infested digs with virtually no monies that made protesting a real alternative to starving.... :cane:
Rat and mouse infested? Luxury. When I were lad we didn't have food scurrying about the flat.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Oh, that's nuthin'.

Er, next... :ask:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Have you got a Prime Minister yet?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

:banghead: Michael Gove is back in the cabinet .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread