West Wing becomes reality.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: West Wing becomes reality.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Basketball players are widely known for their keen understanding of the natural and theoretical sciences.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:20 pm

basket ball players, so likely black?

Likely some freaky religious stuff... those weird literalist churches are very popular among blacks, for some reason.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:36 pm

That's if it's true. Like Rev I'm not giving clicks (revenue) to articles to sites with names like wowwee.zing.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Animavore wrote:That's if it's true. Like Rev I'm not giving clicks (revenue) to articles to sites with names like wowwee.zing.
There's a distinct possibility that rEv passed over this article published by The Guardian. I know that it carries ads too, but then again I also know how to install Adblock an' stuff.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 pm

A friend of mine got into an argument with a flat earther on Facebook 3 weeks ago. It got to over 1000 posts last I looked.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:15 pm

You don't argue with morons, all it does is pull you down to their level, and then they can maul you with their superior expertise
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Svartalf wrote:basket ball players, so likely black?

Likely some freaky religious stuff... those weird literalist churches are very popular among blacks, for some reason.
Don't tell Ty... :?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Basketball players deal with globes all the time professionally. They know what a globe feels like. The earth does not feel globeish to them, they can't get a grip on it.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:14 am

Animavore wrote:A friend of mine got into an argument with a flat earther on Facebook 3 weeks ago. It got to over 1000 posts last I looked.

I just turned on the NASA channel and there was a 1/2 hour of the view from the ISS and the Earth looked fairly spheroidal.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:54 am

Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:"Apparently". Are you struggling with English again?
apparently
adverb
As far as one knows or can see.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/apparently

Apparently not. :mrgreen:

Are you unable to relinquish an untenable position again?
Oh ffs, you take tedium to stratospheric levels. The title of the article literally said that it is growing. That's why it is apparent (i.e. as far as I know via the title of the article). :fp:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:56 am

Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:I didn't read it. The stupidity would be too much for me to handle.
You mention an article you have not read to support your assertion that "apparently the kooky idea that the Earth is flat is growing popularity"? How cool is that? :o
He doesn't have to read what people write in order to know what they really mean. He knows.... once a person is assigned a jersey, he knows exactly what they mean, which might be different than what they write, so, what would be the point of reading it?
Because title literally made the assertion that I am relaying, and which I specifically qualified with the use of "apparently". :fp:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:27 am

pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:"Apparently". Are you struggling with English again?
apparently
adverb
As far as one knows or can see.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/apparently

Apparently not. :mrgreen:

Are you unable to relinquish an untenable position again?
Oh ffs, you take tedium to stratospheric levels. The title of the article literally said that it is growing. That's why it is apparent (i.e. as far as I know via the title of the article). :fp:
Maybe you've come across a different article. The one I read is titled "Flat-Earthers are back: 'It’s almost like the beginning of a new religion'" Note the inclusion of the word 'almost'. Also, read the article. It does mention that there is a huge amount of factional infighting among the flat-brainers and that they are adept at creating new websites and Youtube channels to disseminate their competing points of view. It also explicitly states "Unfortunately, we don’t really know how many people believe in the movement" While this does not mean there is no growth in the number of believers, it certainly cannot be interpreted that there is. I searched for 'growth', 'increase' and related words to detect any hint that your assertion is right and found none, let alone actual evidence for what you claim.

Thanks for conceding that 'apparently' does not mean what you thought it meant. Maybe your ignorance will encourage you to learn some English beyond your ability to rant, insult and signal fury. :tea:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 am

Learn to fucking read. I stated exactly what the article I was referring to was about. That you only now have woken to the fact that "maybe you've come across a different article", doesn't speak well of your reading ability. "Apparently" means exactly what you quoted it meaning and that's why it applies perfectly to the article I was referring to. Take yer medication and go and fucking troll someone else.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 am

:lol:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:02 am

Looks like the meds are working already! :drunk: