pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: We Need To Talk About Donald

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:54 am

Seth wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
The "courts" are both wrong and violated their judicial boundaries by even considering the complaints.
Says rabid internet warrior.

Suck it up, princess.
Says just about every non-liberal legal scholar asked about it, including Alan Dershowitz, who is hardly a conservative legal icon.

Liberals lost the election and they will lose this case as soon as it gets out of the bastion of liberal insanity that is the 9th Circuit. I'd bet you a hundred bucks on that if I didn't know you'd welch on the bet.
Aderpt or derp. Suck it up, princess.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:57 am

pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
pErvin wrote:Except that I repudiate Marxism regularly. Unlike you who supports big government ultra-conservatives and their authoritarian policies.
The first rule of Marxism is "don't talk about Marxism." The second rule of Marxism is "when accused of being a Marxist, deny, deny, deny."

Marxism is as Marxism does, and you commit Marxism all the time.
The first rule of being off your meds is see Marxists under your bed (and in the shadows, and in the open, and in CPAC, and basically everywhere...).
Marxist strategist Saul Alinsky's 13th rule for radicals is "“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions."

You've just proven again what I said earlier, when you've been intellectually bested, which ain't at all hard, you turn immediately to personal attacks because you have no rational arguments to make.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:58 am

pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
The "courts" are both wrong and violated their judicial boundaries by even considering the complaints.
Says rabid internet warrior.

Suck it up, princess.
Says just about every non-liberal legal scholar asked about it, including Alan Dershowitz, who is hardly a conservative legal icon.

Liberals lost the election and they will lose this case as soon as it gets out of the bastion of liberal insanity that is the 9th Circuit. I'd bet you a hundred bucks on that if I didn't know you'd welch on the bet.
Aderpt or derp. Suck it up, princess.
You'll be sucking something soon enough, when the Supreme Court proves me right, and you won't like the taste at all.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:30 am

Ok dear. :console:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:00 am

Glad to see Supreme Court Justice Seth setting the good ol' USA to rights...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:12 am

Seth wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote: That case has yet to be made in court.
The case was already made in court and decided by the Supreme Court, as I mentioned, in Massachusetts v. Mellon, where the Supreme Court held that “it is no part of [a State’s] duty or power to enforce [its citizens’] rights in respect of their relations with the federal government" and that includes, specifically, immigration.

Neither the District courts nor the Circuit Courts get to re-litigate this issue sua sponte, which is exactly what they have tried to do.

The judges involved should be impeached and removed from the federal bench.
Getting off the beat and track here a bit. :roll: The case in question is the travel ban, and the asserted legality of the order has yet to be tested in court.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:27 am

pErvin wrote:
Animavore wrote:I remember that Coito fellow used to be a centralist just left of centre. The image is gone but I remembered this one specifically because he was on the exact same part of the compass as me. He didn't identify as a right-winger.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 05#p452842

Don't know why I'm mentioning this. I miss that fella, I guess.
Christ, Ani. 42 is CES.
Now things fall into place.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:32 am

GOP’s strange new politics: Going after seniors.

People 60 and older don’t get picked on much in politics. Seniors have long been a sort of untouchable “third rail.” That just changed with the GOP health bill.

It would be hyperbole to say Obama­care saved Christian Holtz’s life.

It definitely saved his quality of life, though. It saved his bacon.

Related Stories
12M enroll in health law Trump, GOP are trying to repeal
Fact-checking the rhetoric around the GOP health bill
Facing defiance, GOP leaders press ahead on health bill
Watch: John Oliver explains how the American Health Care Act works
Trump: GOP bill will push insurance costs 'down, down, down'
A familiar name: Democrat Kennedy fights GOP on health care

“I would have been bankrupt for sure,” Holtz says. “I would have been at the mercy of the emergency room and the debt-collection system.”

Holtz, 62, is one of those do-it-yourselfer guys Seattle used to be known for. He lives on a boat, at Shilshole Marina. To get by, he teaches drivers’ education to teens, as well as sailing. He’s also a prop-plane pilot who has flown thousands of volunteer hours with Angel Flight West, which transports severely sick patients for free to hospital appointments.

But none of that work comes with steady benefits. So he had medical coverage only sporadically until 2013, when he signed up under the Affordable Care Act. Because he makes only $30,000 yearly, the government paid about two-thirds of his premiums.

“I was 59 and never used health care much — had never really even been to the doctor,” Holtz says.

But two years later, both of his hip joints degraded to bone-on-bone. The pain was excruciating. Long story short: Holtz now has two titanium-and-ceramic hip joints. But it cost almost $100,000, which his Obamacare insurance is covering (after a $6,500 deductible.)

“I would be out on the street,” he says.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... r-seniors/

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) on Thursday morning criticized President Trump’s proposed budget, saying its elimination of funding for CPB would have “devastating” effects on education and culture.

“There is no viable substitute for federal funding that ensures Americans have universal access to public media’s educational and informational programming and services,” the CPB said in a statement, according to CNN's Brian Stelter.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... s.facebook
"Cruel and unusual," the phrase rings in my head as I read the press reports of President Donald Trump's proposed budget.

But to even talk about it as a budget is to miss the point. It is not a budget. It is a philosophy, and one that may come as a surprise to many of the people who voted for Mr. Trump. They will hurt in real ways. Meanwhile it confirms the worst existential fears of those who see his presidency as a threat to the very being of the United States they know and love.

This is a man who made a lot of promises on the campaign about helping those struggling in society, about leading the United States to greatness in such things as fighting disease. If anyone had any doubt about the hollowness of his words, this philosophy is all the evidence one would need.

This is a philosophy that doesn't believe in helping the poor, rural or urban, or the power of diplomacy or the importance of science. It is a philosophy that doesn't want to protect the environment. It doesn't believe in the arts. This is about putting a noose around much of the United States federal government and hanging it until it shakes with life no more. In the name of reining in waste, it rains pain and suffering amongst the Americans who already are the most vulnerable. It must be remarked that many of these programs are really small budget items in the greater scheme of things, rounding errors in the federal budget. The purpose is to send a message, not to save money.

Rather than investing in what truly will make America great, this philosophy pounds its chest with false bravado. People will die because of this budget. People will suffer. Diseases will spread, and cures will not be found (really? slash science research?) Our nation will be darker and more dangerous. You know it's a philosophy because the budget has few details really in it. And here is where I see its saving grace.

This philosophy is not the United States I think a majority of Americans would recognize. I believe that we are not so cruel, so shortsighted, so dark. It's easy to rail against the federal government on the campaign stump, but cutting programs that people rely on, that is the kind of thing that can break through the fake news into reality very soon. We have already seen the mess that has become of the health care efforts.

This philosophy is no longer theoretical and it will be a rallying cry for a reverse philosophy. Those who champion an empathetic America, an America prepared for the challenges of the modern world, will have plenty of evidence to point to. Mr. Trump has already put many Republicans in Congress on a defensive footing, on Russia and on healthcare. Wait until the constituents start calling about how they won't be able to heat their homes in the winter or the agricultural programs that were slashed.

"The administration's budget isn't going to be the budget," Senator Marco Rubio told the Washington Post. "We do the budget here. The administration makes recommendations, but Congress does budgets." You can expect to hear a lot more of that kind of rhetoric.
Mr. Trump's philosophy is an opening salvo in a battle for the soul of America that is only beginning. This will be a battle fought trench by trench. But I think it is winnable and America will reconfirm a governing philosophy that is hopeful, compassionate, and wise about the role of government in making our world a safer, fairer, and more just place to live.

- Dan Rather (Facebook)
Scientists Brace for a Lost Generation in American Research

Private funding isn't enough to offset the president's proposed budget cuts, they say.

The work of a scientist is often unglamorous. Behind every headline-making, cork-popping, blockbuster discovery, there are many lifetimes of work. And that work is often mundane. We’re talking drips-of-solution-into-a-Petri-dish mundane, maintaining-a-database mundane. Usually, nothing happens.

Scientific discovery costs money—quite a lot of it over time—and requires dogged commitment from the people devoted to advancing their fields. Now, the funding uncertainty that has chipped away at the nation’s scientific efforts for more than a decade is poised to get worse.

The budget proposal President Donald Trump released on Thursday calls for major cuts to funding for medical and science research; he wants to slash funding to the National Institutes of Health by $6 billion, which represents about one-fifth of its budget. Given that the NIH says it uses more than 80 percent of its budget on grant money to universities and other research centers, thousands of institutions and many more scientists would suffer from the proposed cuts.

“One of our most valuable natural resources is our science infrastructure and culture of discovery,” said Joy Hirsch, a professor of psychiatry and neurobiology at the Yale School of Medicine. “It takes only one savage blow to halt our dreams of curing diseases such as cancer, dementia, heart failure, developmental disorders, blindness, deafness, addictions—this list goes on and on.”

For decades, scientists have been rattled by the erosion of public funding for their research. In 1965, the federal government financed more than 60 percent of research and development in the United States. “By 2006, the balance had flipped,” wrote Jennifer Washburn a decade ago, in a feature for Discover, “with 65 percent of R&D in this country being funded by private interests.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... ce/519825/

Bowl Of Shamrock Wilts & Dies Moments After Touching Donald Trump’s Hands

THE TRADITIONAL meeting between the Irish Taoiseach and US President, which takes place in and around St. Patrick’s Day has taken a worrying turn this morning, WWN can exclusively reveal.

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has spent the week in the US banging the drum for Irish businesses, the undocumented Irish in the US and defending the EU, but the day before St. Patrick’s Day has long been considered to be the most important day during his trip as he would meet US President Donald Trump.

Handing over the traditional bowl of shamrocks, a symbolic gift that speaks to the strong and prosperous relationship between the two countries, Kenny was horrified to witness the shamrocks immediately wilt and die once the bowl made contact with Trump’s small hands.

“No, everything is fine, this isn’t a bad sign or a harbinger of doom. Ireland still loves you Donald. Say and do what you want, it doesn’t matter to us, we’ll still lick arse with the best of them,” a panicked Kenny shared with Trump as the media’s cameras flashed intensely.
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/0 ... nt=Article

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:41 am

Seth wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Animavore wrote:Donnie's words come back to bite him on the arse re: his Muslim ban.

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-eco ... d5f3e08d7d
We all know this is a Muslim ban.
Even if it is, so what?
The courts say that is illegal. Suck it up, princess.
It's the courts' JOB to examine complaints from people who deem their rights have been violated, the courts did what they are there to do, and if they stumbled on something unconstitutional and otherwise illegal in the executive order, they did their job by overthrowing its execution.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 am

“This is not a budget that’s designed to make America first,” Rush Holt, chief executive of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, told The Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... 3aa2b2cdc6
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

pErvin wrote:
Animavore wrote:I remember that Coito fellow used to be a centralist just left of centre. The image is gone but I remembered this one specifically because he was on the exact same part of the compass as me. He didn't identify as a right-winger.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 05#p452842

Don't know why I'm mentioning this. I miss that fella, I guess.
Christ, Ani. 42 is CES.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.51 KiB) Viewed 4330 times

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:57 am

Tillerson threatening North Korea. What's the oil interest out that way? Or are they just trying to justify their expanded war Budget?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -tillerson

Heh! Remember Trump supporting nonces believed Russia Today's bullshit that Hillary was going to start WW3?

I remember.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Trump, Ryan budgets will kill more Americans per year than all Muslim extremist attacks combined.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/03/1 ... l=facebook

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Healthcare isn't scary. The conservatives and simple folk will never grasp a stat like that.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Trump reveals classified information during TV interview:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/ ... -interview

Our Clownshoes Clusterfuck presidency :fp:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.