Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Animavore wrote:
Trump held secret hour-long meeting with Putin at G20 with only Russian translator present
Meeting described as a breach of national security protocol

Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin held a second, previously undisclosed meeting at the G20 summit earlier this month in Germany, a White House official has confirmed.

The meeting followed the two leaders’ formal two-hour meeting on 7 July in which Mr Trump said Mr Putin denied allegations that he directed efforts to meddle in the 2016 US presidential election.

The second meeting, which took place some hours later, was only attended by Mr Putin, Mr Trump and Mr Putin’s translator. It had not previously been disclosed by the White House.

The White House official did not say how long the second meeting took place or what was discussed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 48061.html
I presume the translator was there to make sure Trump's words were translated into the excellent English that Putin has.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 pm

What crime? This:

"Mr. Trump Jr., we have some dirt on Hillary. We can release it now and have your dad become president. Or we can release it after the election to ruin her presidency. If we give it to you now, we expect payment later. Putin sends his regards."

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Trump held secret hour-long meeting with Putin at G20 with only Russian translator present

Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin held a second, previously undisclosed meeting at the G20 summit earlier this month in Germany, a White House official has confirmed.

The meeting followed the two leaders’ formal two-hour meeting on 7 July in which Mr Trump said Mr Putin denied allegations that he directed efforts to meddle in the 2016 US presidential election.

The second meeting, which took place some hours later, was only attended by Mr Putin, Mr Trump and Mr Putin’s translator. It had not previously been disclosed by the White House.

The White House official did not say how long the second meeting took place or what was discussed.

I presume the translator was there to make sure Trump's words were translated into the excellent English that Putin has.
Or to translate Putin's accent to Trump. We're talking about a country which put subtitles on Mad Max and Trainspotting
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:28 pm

I watched the second trainspotting the other day. There was one character that I barely understood the whole movie.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:32 pm

It is good Edinburgh.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Tero wrote:What crime? This:

"Mr. Trump Jr., we have some dirt on Hillary. We can release it now and have your dad become president. Or we can release it after the election to ruin her presidency. If we give it to you now, we expect payment later. Putin sends his regards."
Which, of course, didn't happen, since the lawyer wasn't representing the government, but was referred to as a "government lawyer" nobody is alleging that anything like that was said. Also, if a Russian government official said that, it would not be a crime. It's what Mr. Trump Jr. does that counts. Did he say "sure, give me the info and we'll pay you?"

However, if it's someone not representing the Russian government asking for payment for dirt, and being paid for dirt, is not a crime.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm

She wasn't the only Russian at the meeting.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Now, the President is not allowed to meet alone with another world leader?
The two presidents huddled in a second floor conference room at United Nations headquarters for roughly 90 minutes, squaring off on the contentious issues of Ukraine and Syria and seeking to discern each others' strategies after a two-year freeze in face-to-face encounters.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/politics/ ... index.html

Breach of national security protocol, lol. So, there is a protocol somewhere that sets out a rule that binds the President of the United States to not meeting with the President of another country alone? What protocol?

S.S.D.D.
P.H.D.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:It is good Edinburgh.
Meaning I had to have subtitles, even though my first English teacher was from Aberdeenshire... but they pounded the Scots outta me in Skool and in the books I read, even have trouble understanding Walter Scott without footnotes these days.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:It is good Edinburgh.
Meaning I had to have subtitles, even though my first English teacher was from Aberdeenshire... but they pounded the Scots outta me in Skool and in the books I read, even have trouble understanding Walter Scott without footnotes these days.
It is very local though. The film was set in Graigmiller. A prime example of post war corporation estates. More arso you cannot get. It was bottom on the Edinburgh social scale. The other end is the way Andy Murray and Blair talk. Snobby git end.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:What crime? This:

Which, of course, didn't happen, since the lawyer wasn't representing the government, but was referred to as a "government lawyer" nobody is alleging that anything like that was said. Also, if a Russian government official said that, it would not be a crime. It's what Mr. Trump Jr. does that counts. Did he say "sure, give me the info and we'll pay you?"

However, if it's someone not representing the Russian government asking for payment for dirt, and being paid for dirt, is not a crime.
I already explained the deal. It's like the drug dealer in the alley and the second guy that hands you the drugs/dirt.

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Hackers everywhere, trying to cause chaos at polls.
http://time.com/4865982/secret-plan-sto ... tion-plot/

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Crime
Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Thursday that the Russians who met with Donald Trump Jr. in June 2016 to discuss information they said came from the Russian government employed "classic, textbook Soviet and now Russian tradecraft."

Clapper, who served as the director of national intelligence in the Obama administration, said in an interview on MSNBC's "Hardball" that the Russians had a "soft approach" in meeting with President Trump's eldest son.

"They had two objectives here," he told Matthews. "One was to determine whether those close to then-candidate Trump would be interested in talking with them and receiving dirt on Hillary Clinton."
"And point two was plausible deniability," Clapper added.

The meeting between Trump Jr., Trump son-in-law, Jared Kushner, then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and a Russian lawyer came after Trump Jr. was told in an email that the meeting would include information from the Russian government meant to support his father's presidential campaign.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Trump condemns Sessions: 'I wouldn't have hired him' – audio

Jeff Sessions recusing himself from the Russia-Trump investigations is "extremely unfair to the President", says the President.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:11 pm

If he doesn't get what he wants, Trump is all too ready to shit on his loyal aides.

"The Inadvisable President"
Maybe it should come as little surprise that a man who, until summer of 2015, was most famous for firing people, is not a good boss. Yet President Trump’s comments Wednesday about Attorney General Jeff Sessions, delivered in an interview with The New York Times, still take one’s breath away.

“Jeff Sessions, Jeff Sessions gave some bad answers,” Trump said of the attorney general’s confirmation hearings in the Senate. “He gave some answers that were simple questions and should have been simple answers, but they weren’t.”

Trump is right. Sessions erred badly in not disclosing meetings with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak to the Senate, which was what forced him to recuse himself from Russia-related matters. But Trump refuses to acknowledge the necessity of Sessions’s recusal. The attorney general was pinched in two ways: First, he was caught in an obvious conflict of interest, having met with Russian officials and not disclosed them; second, he did so while a campaign surrogate, implicating himself in the investigation; and third, he risked setting off a fight with the Senate, having misled them.

But for Trump, there is only one loyalty: to the president himself. When his aides and staffers make the mistake of following any other principle—rule of law, standard ethics policies, U.S. alliances—that might conflict with the principle of loyalty to Trump, the president becomes enraged.

After that meeting with Russian officials, in which Trump disclosed classified information obtained from an ally to them, horrifying many American officials, McMaster gamely defended Trump, doing damage to his own reputation. For his pains, McMaster was subjected to leaks claiming the president was upset with him and wished to bring back Flynn, who was fired for lying to the vice president.

This demonstrates another reason why Trump is an impossible boss: He expects absolute personal loyalty from his aides, but aides cannot expect that the president will return the favor. Perhaps no humiliation is as great as Sessions—the long-time backer thrown to the wolves in an interview with the press—but Trump has repeatedly undercut other top aides.