Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Post by Hermit » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:Any man who can write 500 words or more about a poem of less than a 100 words lacks all credibility.
How about writing 152 pages on the four words "Om Mani Padme Hum"?

This achievement is put into the shade by Deepak Chopra, whose books (80 as of 2015, and counting) fill an entire library, and he writes exclusively about nothing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Coming along nicely. Trump will be crippled and shamed if he survives:
White House as crime scene: how Robert Mueller is closing in on Trump

The special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 US election, former FBI chief Robert Mueller, had been using a sitting grand jury in Virginia to authorise his team’s demands for documents and witnesses. The convening of a separate grand jury in Washington suggests the Mueller team – working in a suite of offices a few blocks’ walk from where the 20-odd jurors sit – is going to be making extensive use of it. It will not be hospitable terrain for the president. Trump won only 4% of the vote in the District of Columbia.

“This sets the scene of action for criminal trials, where charges will be laid, in the worst possible jurisdiction for Trump,” said Scott Horton, a lecturer at Columbia Law School. “Compared to Virginia, Republicans in DC are few and far between.”

The grand jury is also clear evidence that the inquiry is widening, not tapering off. It suggests that the special counsel is exploring possible crimes committed inside the District of Columbia.

Mueller’s investigators are reported by the New York Times to have asked the White House for documents related to the administration’s first, short-lived national security advisor, Michael Flynn, who resigned after being found to have concealed the full nature of his contacts with the Russian ambassador to Washington, and who is also under scrutiny for his lobbying work for Turkey during the campaign.

Meanwhile, a report from Vox that senior FBI officials have been told to consider themselves potential witnesses in an investigation of Trump for obstruction of justice. The former FBI director James Comey, Mueller’s successor in the post, has testified that Trump tried to put pressure on him to drop the Flynn investigation.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ump-russia
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Hermit wrote:Hahaaaaaa, and now I can describe pErvin as an ignorant, opinionated, noisy motormouth without him being able to object to being told the truth about him until just after midnight local time! :yes:
:lay:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Tero wrote:Coming along nicely. Trump will be crippled and shamed if he survives:
White House as crime scene: how Robert Mueller is closing in on Trump

The special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 US election, former FBI chief Robert Mueller, had been using a sitting grand jury in Virginia to authorise his team’s demands for documents and witnesses. The convening of a separate grand jury in Washington suggests the Mueller team – working in a suite of offices a few blocks’ walk from where the 20-odd jurors sit – is going to be making extensive use of it. It will not be hospitable terrain for the president. Trump won only 4% of the vote in the District of Columbia.

“This sets the scene of action for criminal trials, where charges will be laid, in the worst possible jurisdiction for Trump,” said Scott Horton, a lecturer at Columbia Law School. “Compared to Virginia, Republicans in DC are few and far between.”

The grand jury is also clear evidence that the inquiry is widening, not tapering off. It suggests that the special counsel is exploring possible crimes committed inside the District of Columbia.

Mueller’s investigators are reported by the New York Times to have asked the White House for documents related to the administration’s first, short-lived national security advisor, Michael Flynn, who resigned after being found to have concealed the full nature of his contacts with the Russian ambassador to Washington, and who is also under scrutiny for his lobbying work for Turkey during the campaign.

Meanwhile, a report from Vox that senior FBI officials have been told to consider themselves potential witnesses in an investigation of Trump for obstruction of justice. The former FBI director James Comey, Mueller’s successor in the post, has testified that Trump tried to put pressure on him to drop the Flynn investigation.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ump-russia
Fake News! Mueller is Hillary Clinton's God Father. And Obama's pool boy.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Liar liar, Pence on fire! He is involved!
http://thehill.com/media/345358-maxine- ... fter-trump
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:23 pm

The dossier --- subject to inquiry before congress - http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/glenn-si ... d=49348102
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:Any man who can write 500 words or more about a poem of less than a 100 words lacks all credibility.

-my dad on university
:hehe:
so anybody who has completed any literature creditds from college or high school (exchange for British equivalents at will) has no credibility?
Is that tongue in cheek or is your father really such a contemptor of edumacation?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Who can best the bullshit of a man with a degree in literature?

Perhaps a woman? :tea:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 pm

"Can" write? It's always easier to write a longer paper than a shorter one to adequately explain a short classic poem, especially to do so with style and impact. Try analyzing Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on A Snowy Evening" or "Nature's First Green is Gold" in 100 or 200 words.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:12 pm

You would say that. :roll:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm

There's a podcast called Re:Joyce by Frank Delaney is which he breaks down Joyce's Ulysses 2 or 3 lines at a time managing to get over 5 minutes worth of talk time out of them. He explains the many references and allusions as well as elucidating the history of Dublin City at that time.

I'm not sure if it's "credible", but I find it difficult to see how there's no value in it.

http://blog.frankdelaney.com/re-joyce/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Well, one could analyze Shelley's Ozymandias in a short 100-word blurb. But, that doesn't let us analyze the language chosen by Shelley - why does he say "antique" land instead of "ancient" land. Why does he use the phrase "colossal wreck?" And, it couldn't go into why the poem was written, and how it compares to the similar poem by Horace Smith, etc.

It's hard to write quality short expository writing.

The art of writing lies in thrift. Half as long, Norman. Half as long, again, Norman. Good, now throw it away. (From Norman McLean's "A River Runs Through It.")

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:Who can best the bullshit of a man with a degree in literature?

Perhaps a woman? :tea:
Remember, Mary Shelley had to do everything Percy could do... backwards... and in heels. :{D

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Guys, I'm making fun of my family's backwardness, and my dad was making fun of himself. Doesn't anyone know me by now! :dq:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

How would you characterize the Great Gatsby?

Oh, the Great Gatsby? He was... uh... great!