Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Restrictions

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Restrictions

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:01 am

Tero wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:57 pm
You are right, the issue is most important to the poor. We, both democrats and GOP, are too focused on the convenience of abortion for the rest.

abortion travel.jpg
One has to love the phallic posters... and wonder which side the cartoonist is really on.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:03 am

laklak wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 1:25 pm
I love Elon Musk. Tesla will pay travel expenses for any employee in Texas who wants an abortion. He's such a fucking Dude. Free speech, abortion rights, LBGTQ rights, private industry kicking the ever loving shit out of all the combined governments in the world - this is what an American Libertarian looks like.
Either he's the conummate capitalist, and doing what he thinks will eventually help the Holy Bottom LIne, or it's all part of a grand scheem of domination, and we won't feel the iron boot until it's on our back.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:06 am

Tero wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:44 am
Abortion by mail. If it goes by a federal carrier, states cannot open the package.
State bans are likely to apply to all forms of abortion, and conservative states are already trying to crack down on medication abortion, as my colleague Kate Zernike has reported. But stopping the pill-based form isn’t so easy. “The pills are pretty easily accessible online, and the laws are very hard to enforce because they are sent privately via mail,” Claire said.

One large provider is Aid Access, an international organization run by a Dutch doctor, Rebecca Gomperts, that is committed to keeping abortion accessible even in places where it is illegal. Aid Access often connects Americans with European doctors, and people can order pills even if they are not pregnant, to have them on hand if they want them later. (In 2014, Emily Bazelon profiled Gomperts in The Times Magazine.)
NYT morning newsletter
Funny but no... aborting at home, even by the gentlest and safest modern methods is not something I'd let my gf do, you never know what may happen ,and if there are complications, you really want to be able to go to a hospital or ER without finding yourself manacled to the bed because somebody tattled on you...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:31 pm

We already have, with internet suppliers, a system of medicating our people with whatever drugs the conspiracy theorists push, of medicating ourselves. You fon't want the government controlled doctors treating you. Horse pills for covid!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...