Re: Straya!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:27 am

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

It's all about the people. No amount of planning can overcome being unable to relate to the people.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 pm

"The city is man's most consistent and, on the whole, his most successful attempt to remake the world he lives in, more after his heart's desire. The city is the world which man created; it is the world in which he is therefore condemned to live. Thus indirectly, without a clear sense of the nature of his task, in remaking the city, man has remade himself."
-- Robert Park, The City: Suggestions for the Study of Human Nature in the Urban Environment, 1925
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:02 pm

What is it with Ozzies and the disabled? Disabled people in care homes/supported accomodation last in the queue for vaccination, thousands with cancer reduced to living on $44 pw, and now bullied by the plod...
Police are “frequently damaging” people with a disability, undermining their right to justice, and enabling violence and exploitation against them, a new report finds.

The disability royal commission on Tuesday released a report that made damning findings about the way police respond to people with a disability.

The report, prepared by a group of researchers and academics, was commissioned to assist the royal commission in making its recommendations.

Police are “frequently damaging” people with a disability, undermining their right to justice, and enabling violence and exploitation against them, a new report finds.

The disability royal commission on Tuesday released a report that made damning findings about the way police respond to people with a disability.

The report, prepared by a group of researchers and academics, was commissioned to assist the royal commission in making its recommendations...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... port-finds
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-23/ ... /100553548
But in the past few months, some US politicians, Fox News hosts, podcasters and Facebook groups have become increasingly fixated on Australia's COVID-19 policies.

They say restrictions in states such as Victoria and New South Wales are evidence of "tyrannical" rule.

While lockdowns have been the subject of vigorous debate inside Australia, the rhetoric in the US is far more intense.

The Governor of Florida wants the US to cut diplomatic ties, protesters have gathered outside Australia's consulate in New York, and senator Ted Cruz has called the Northern Territory's Chief Minister "disgraceful".

One conservative commentator, Candace Owens, has even gone so far as to compare Australia's government to the Taliban and called for US troops on the ground.
Fuck off, right-wing US nut jobs - we don't give a flying continental fuck about your deluded opinions of us. Remain maskless and unvaccinated, attend lots of rallies with your fellow morons, get covid, die a horrible death and improve the American gene pool.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:07 am

Candace Owens wants troops on the ground --meaningless, no really, it's as meaningful as a ratz joke! Shame on these clowns. :lol:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:10 am

It's literally the Onion comments being posted as serious commentary! :lol: --we've gone mad

'I'm not sure we can afford another invasion' --George Stephens, patent lawyer

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:11 am

Just as a comparison, for those who might think the covid restrictions in Oz were unnecessary or Draconian:

Covid deaths per million in the USA: 2,266

Covid deaths per million in Australia: 62
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:13 am

Why do you hate freedum so much, Jim?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:39 am

JimC wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:11 am
Just as a comparison, for those who might think the covid restrictions in Oz were unnecessary or Draconian:

Covid deaths per million in the USA: 2,266

Covid deaths per million in Australia: 62
[youknowwho]
Fairy data
Only vaccinations work
Dutch vaccinations are the best vaccinations
[/youknowwho]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:50 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-25/ ... /100547442
Pictures taken inside the clinics of Dr Lanzer show human fat stored in kitchen fridges, syringes sitting alongside water bottles, and surgical instruments stored in a suitcase.

The former staff also say employees were told to take home human fat in plastic shopping bags ahead of regulator audits and then to bring it back.
Soap making at home is quite a thing in craft circles... :tea:
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:50 am
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-25/ ... /100547442
Pictures taken inside the clinics of Dr Lanzer show human fat stored in kitchen fridges, syringes sitting alongside water bottles, and surgical instruments stored in a suitcase.

The former staff also say employees were told to take home human fat in plastic shopping bags ahead of regulator audits and then to bring it back.
Soap making at home is quite a thing in craft circles... :tea:
:food: ...or you could use it for cooking? :food:

Probably tastes like lard.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:42 am

The current conservative government wants to implement voter ID laws. This is a solution in search of a problem. Obviously ideological for the born-to-rule crowd.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:09 pm

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:28 pm

The Australian Way or as the Brits call it: CHUMOCRACY.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".