Straya!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Straya!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:36 pm
WTF? Of course we have a health system. But this is for additional help for people with breast cancer. Only you could find something to hate in that.
Our health system takes care of that. We dont need charities for that sort of service. Do you think pink wickets are going to help?

BTW my late girlfriend died of breast cancer.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Whether the Dutch have a perfect system or not, there is something in what you say, Scot. If society as a whole was prepared to adequately fund social services and health, there would be little need for charity dollars...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:36 pm
WTF? Of course we have a health system. But this is for additional help for people with breast cancer. Only you could find something to hate in that.
Our health system takes care of that. We dont need charities for that sort of service. Do you think pink wickets are going to help?
Dutch Cancer Society wrote: Raising Funds
We receive the majority of our income from private individuals: individual donors and contributions of individuals during actions and events.
What, don't you have a health system?!
Dutch Charity Lotteries wrote:There are more than 5 million volunteers active in all these areas (40 % of the adult population), and about 4,4 billion euros of private gifts and donations, by families, companies and foundations. The total of grants by local and national governments in the field of charity can be estimated up to 1,5 billion euros. This total of almost 6 billion euros for charity represents 1 % of the GDP of the Netherlands, of which 75 % comes from private funds.
What, don't you have government social services?!

:roll:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:54 pm

I entirely agree Jim. We dont. Cancer charities (Juliana Funds) provide extra funding into research into rare cancers but not first line help. We pay out taxes and dont mind doing it. We have 30,000 tax collectors. Once you ever blotted you tax forms you move onto the grey list but do it again and you are on the black list and you dont want to be there.
We got a letter from the tax people who told us in 2016 we did not claim enough back. They are pretty fair which is why people pay and we are not lightly taxed either.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 pm

JimC wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:48 pm
Whether the Dutch have a perfect system or not, there is something in what you say, Scot. If society as a whole was prepared to adequately fund social services and health, there would be little need for charity dollars...
There's always going to be more that can be done in any state funded system. Funds aren't unlimited, but extra care can be.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Never mind perv you will never realise. So we have lotteries. So strange. That is extra money. It is not used for first line care. It is what the people want to give after paying taxes. Something you seem to have problems with.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 pm
JimC wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:48 pm
There's always going to be more that can be done in any state funded system. Funds aren't unlimited, but extra care can be.
Just pay your taxes first. The rest is extra and not the primary source.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:58 pm
Never mind perv you will never realise. So we have lotteries. So strange. That is extra money. It is not used for first line care. It is what the people want to give after paying taxes. Something you seem to have problems with.
You really are a bot. The "I hate everything not Dutch" bot. :roll:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:05 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:58 pm
You really are a bot. The "I hate everything not Dutch" bot. :roll:
Why? You cant stand that a country has got itself organised? We have the happiest kids in the first world and are the seventh happiest country. You dont like happiness? Do you live to work or work to live?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:06 pm

The problem is you are not an objective observer. You've never once acknowledged any fault with the Netherlands, despite it being ludicrous to think any country in the world is perfect. And you have no idea how any country other than the UK does things. Your assertions about other countries are baseless, like most of your assertions on any topic.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:06 pm
The problem is you are not an objective observer. You've never once acknowledged any fault with the Netherlands, despite it being ludicrous to think any country in the world is perfect.
Once again pure jealousy. I have never said it is perfect but with other North European Social Democracies we do a bloody good job trying. Does Ozland? Simple answer is no.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Australia actually does pretty good on international rankings of various things. Not as good as the northern social democracies in some cases, but I've long been a supporter of them (including Netherlands). But your juvenile adversarial mindset where you have to pitch everything vs the "perfect" Dutch system is, well, juvenile and tiring.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 pm

I dont have an adversarial mindset I leave that to the Anglo-Saxons. As I have said it is not perfect but at least we try. If you could get corruption out of your political system it would be a start.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm

You don't have an adversarial mindset?? :funny: You are CONSTANTLY comparing the Netherlands to the UK, US, Australia etc. You really are fucking clueless as to how you come across, aren't you?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:19 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm
You don't have an adversarial mindset?? :funny: You are CONSTANTLY comparing the Netherlands to the UK, US, Australia etc. You really are fucking clueless as to how you come across, aren't you?
Is that adversarial? You need to brush up perv you really are slipping. I compare the results not the methods.