Twitter and Facebook Defend Free Speech

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Twitter and Facebook Defend Free Speech

Post by cronus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:53 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 54940.html

Twitter and Facebook 'allowing Islamophobia to flourish' as anti-Muslim comments proliferate

Twitter and Facebook are refusing to take down hundreds of inflammatory Islamophobic postings from across their sites despite being alerted to the content by anti-racism groups, an investigation by The Independent has established.

The number of postings, some of which accuse Muslims of being rapists, paedophiles and comparable to cancer, has increased significantly in recent months in the aftermath of the Rotherham sex-abuse scandal and the murder of British hostages held by Isis.

The most extreme call for the execution of British Muslims – but in most cases those behind the abuse have not had their accounts suspended or the posts removed.

Facebook said it had to “strike the right balance” between freedom of expression and maintaining “a safe and trusted environment” but would remove any content reported to it that “directly attacks others based on their race”. Twitter said it reviews all content that is reported for breaking its rules which prohibit specific threats of violence.

(continued)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: Twitter and Facebook Defend Free Speech

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:00 am

Facebook pretty much has to let everything through, or else spend every hour of every day filtering posts. Muslims report EVERYTHING that is at all critical of islam as racist and islamophobic. I guess facebook just got tired of paying people to check every report and got equally tired of looking like wankers for taking down every reported post!

The fact is though, some of the posts that are reported SHOULD be taken down. But our muslim friends have shot themselves in the foot by crying wolf way too often - serves then right!

Now, go post a pic of a nekkid, female nipple and see how fast that gets censored! :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:20 am

Saying fuck islam is not being racist...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:44 am

Yeah. Getting sick of people claiming anti-Islam is equivalent to racism. Sure, a chunk of the people preaching this stuff are probably major bigots and racists to boot. But I won't have my comments about the barbarity of Islam dismissed under the guise of defending against racism.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah. Getting sick of people claiming anti-Islam is equivalent to racism. Sure, a chunk of the people preaching this stuff are probably major bigots and racists to boot. But I won't have my comments about the barbarity of Islam dismissed under the guise of defending against racism.
It's one thing to comment on the barbarism committed in the name of islam. It's quite another to call for the beheading of all muslims and the sinking of boatloads of refugees. Like it or not, most muslims would no more behead a journalist than you would. They just happen to have been born into a culture that contains those that would.

Same as most 17th century christians wouldn't burn women at the stake as witches.

It's always just a few.

The trouble is, religious ideology is so fucking black/white. It only takes a few to get some pretty horrific shit done. Hate the religion, not the religious.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:32 am

Free speech is...income. The Trump ban was an exceptional move. they really don't like to do that kind of thing. For the money.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-w ... 021-10-03/

The complaints say Facebook's own research shows that it amplifies hate, misinformation and political unrest—but the company hides what it knows. One complaint alleges that Facebook's Instagram harms teenage girls. What makes Haugen's complaints unprecedented is the trove of private Facebook research she took when she quit in May. The documents appeared first, last month, in the Wall Street Journal. But tonight, Frances Haugen is revealing her identity to explain why she became the Facebook whistleblower.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat May 28, 2022 10:51 am

Somehow, many people do not understand Twitter. Including Musk. It is purely a medium for pushing a message. Someone took it way too seriously when Ted was made fun of. He deserved all of it!
One post circulating in the aftermath falsely claimed that Cruz, a Republican senator, had been recycling identical messages of support for victims following other massacres, only swapping in the name of the city where the mass shootings took place each time.

The post features an image showing 12 tweets purportedly from Cruz. The first screenshot reads, “Heidi & I are fervently lifting up in prayer the children and families in the horrific shooting in Uvalde. We are in close contact with local officials, but the precise details are still unfolding. Thank you to heroic law enforcement & first responders for acting so swiftly.”
https://apnews.com/article/Fact-Check-F ... PFactCheck
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...