Busy night in Australia tonight...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Busy night in Australia tonight...

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 am

For half the country it's the Rugby League State of Origin second game, and for all of us it's the final showdown between that snivelling whiteanting cunt - Kevin Rudd - and Julia Gillard for the prime ministership. Winner take all, loser quits politics. I hope to god it's Rudd who loses so the Labor party can get down to the business of selling their record without Rudd fucking things up in the background.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Re: Busy night in Australia tonight...

Post by Clinton Huxley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 am

Good grief. Executive power should retained by the Governor-General and parliament be damned.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:11 am

Honestly, there could be an issue for Queeny's lady to step in over if KRudd wins the ballot. We have had a hung parliament for the last three years. Some of the independents have suggested that they might not vote in confidence of a Rudd led government. The GG might need to step in and sack the government and call an immediate election.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Clinton Huxley

Post by Clinton Huxley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 am

Interesting. I don't know what the style is for GGs these days. Do they have ostrich feather hats and golden carriages? I hope so.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 am

Clinton Huxley wrote:Good grief. Executive power should retained by the Governor-General and parliament be damned.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony :{D
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 am

Democracy in action...

Sorry, rEv, but even though Rudd is a shifty cunt, Julia is unelectable, so I'm hoping she loses, if only to preserve a faint hope of avoiding Abbot...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:52 am

I truly believe that Gillard will do better than Rudd will (unless Rudd calls a snap election). After the poll bounce, everyone will remember why they hated him so much the first time. The reason people hate Gillard now is because of the totally fucked media (and Kevin's white anting). And if Gillard miraculously wins (which looks unlikely now after Shorten has just backed Rudd), she won't have to deal with Rudd's white anting and the media won't have a distraction story to avoid discussing the truth about the government's record.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:53 am

rEvolutionist wrote:For half the country it's the Rugby League State of Origin second game, and for all of us it's the final showdown between that snivelling whiteanting cunt - Kevin Rudd - and Julia Gillard for the prime ministership. Winner take all, loser quits politics. I hope to god it's Rudd who loses so the Labor party can get down to the business of selling their record without Rudd fucking things up in the background.
What is really cool is that I've no idea what you are on about, and couldn't care less.

Where do the sheep factor in this?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:55 am

Even less people care about Africa. :Erasb:

Clinton Huxley

Post by Clinton Huxley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:59 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Even less people care about Africa. :Erasb:
The Chinese care about Africa. A lot.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 am

Yeah, and how many chinese are there on this forum? :smug:

Clinton Huxley

Post by Clinton Huxley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, and how many chinese are there on this forum? :smug:
Apart from the dedicated cyber-spy unit of the Chinese Army?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:19 am

Go, Julia Gillard, go! Please do fuck off.

During his time as Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, has undone a lot of the damage John Howard has wreaked with his atrocious tax scale changes. He has also had the courage to use budgetary measures that resulted in the global recession of a few years ago to bypass Australia, and he identified and removed 52 legislative disadvantages that de facto couples suffer under compared to formally married ones.

So, what has Gillard got to show for herself? Oh,that's right: she increased funding for evangelists as school chaplains tenfold. Being a self-professed atheist that indicates a profound character flaw. She's clearly beholden to the ALP's arch-conservative #1 numbers man, Don Farrell. She is the kind of politician that makes so many voters cynical of politicians.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 am

rEvolutionist wrote:

The reason people hate Gillard now is because of the totally fucked media (and Kevin's white anting).
I honestly don't think that is the whole story. She made a series of bad political mistakes, and simply does not resonate with the electorate. The effect has been exaggerated by the press, but, in electoral terms, is still a big-time negative for the labour party.

All polls have been showing, very strongly, that Gillard has absolutely no hope against Abbot, but Rudd has at least a fighting chance...

Which is not to say that I think the sun shines out of Kevin's arse...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:33 am

Hermit wrote:Go, Julia Gillard, go! Please do fuck off.

During his time as Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, has undone a lot of the damage John Howard has wreaked with his atrocious tax scale changes. He has also had the courage to use budgetary measures that resulted in the global recession of a few years ago to bypass Australia, and he identified and removed 52 legislative disadvantages that de facto couples suffer under compared to formally married ones.

So, what has Gillard got to show for herself? Oh,that's right: she increased funding for evangelists as school chaplains tenfold. Being a self-professed atheist that indicates a profound character flaw. She's clearly beholden to the ALP's arch-conservative #1 numbers man, Don Farrell. She is the kind of politician that makes so many voters cynical of politicians.
Labor is fucked after this. You can't have a party that is so self-centred remain credible. This (Rudd winning) is going to do MASSIVE damage to the Labor brand. This is going to leave long term scars. Gillard might have got flogged at the election, but Labor as a brand would still have a bit of credibility. That's all gone now.