http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsgoXvnStY

Nidor meus caseus vos matris  

cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

Re: Geert Wilders: Scumbag or Legend?

Post by cowiz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Scumend and a legbag
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

Atheist-Lite
Formerly known as Crumple
About me: You need a jetpack? Here, take mine. I don't need a jetpack this far away.

Post by Atheist-Lite » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:37 pm

He's Dutch isn't he?...best not to expect too much...they have a habit of taking their peace keeping roles around the world too seriously and not intervening in anything...no matter what is happening around them.
nxnxm,cm,m,fvmf,vndfnm,nm,f,dvm,v v vmfm,vvm,d,dd vv sm,mvd,fmf,fn ,v fvfm,

JOZeldenrust

Post by JOZeldenrust » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Crumple wrote:He's Dutch isn't he?...best not to expect too much...they have a habit of taking their peace keeping roles around the world too seriously and not intervening in anything...no matter what is happening around them.
Are you refering to Srebreniza? 'Cause that's a bit more complicated then you put it. Dutchbat had a wholly inadequate mandate. They requested air support so they'd be able to intervene, but that request was denied by U.N. partners. The only thing the Dutch did wrong in the whole thing was agreeing to a mission without the mandate to adequately fulfill it. Of course the way the commander of Dutchbat (I think it was Karremans, but I could be mistaken here) praised general Mladic was a p.r. disaster, but in the grand scheme of things a soldier fucking up p.r. is hardly relevant.

The Dutch had an excellent result in Uruzgan: they accomplished more - better relations with locals, created more lasting infrastructure etc. - with fewer casualties then other armed forced in similar regions of Afghanistan. The U.S. even adopted much of the "Dutch approach".

As to Wilders, he has voiced some legitimate criticism of practises in contemporary Islamic culture, but he's using that shtick to legitimize marginalizing all muslims. Now Muslims are a group with real social problems: high crime rates, low everage education, low employment rates etc. But those problems can't be fixed by getting rid of Islam, as he seems to want.

Wilders is also scary in his unwavering support of even the most radical Zionist elements in Israel.

If that isn't enough, he's a rabid anti-intellectual, who seems to think that subsidizing art is a part of an attempt by progressives and muslims to establish a global califate. The man's a nut job.

Atheist-Lite
About me: You need a jetpack? Here, take mine. I don't need a jetpack this far away.

Post by Atheist-Lite » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 pm

They showed a similar lack of iniative and 'waiting for orders' deal in the Congo if I'm not mistaken? :tup:

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:29 pm

devogue wrote::pop:
Probably both.

JOZeldenrust

Post by JOZeldenrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 am

Crumple wrote:They showed a similar lack of iniative and 'waiting for orders' deal in the Congo if I'm not mistaken? :tup:
AFAIK we weren't involved in the Congo. That was the Belgians. Two different countries and all that.

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 am

He's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. He has an authentic voice on Islam but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

In short, the man's a cunt.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 am

JOZeldenrust wrote:The man's a nut job.
Wilders uses appeals to free speech and criticises excessively accommodationist laws and actions in regard to Islamic "culture" in order to disguise his true motivation: a nationalism that is not a million miles removed from Third Reich policies. He is an utter scumbag wolf in legend's sheep's clothing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Atheist-Lite

Post by Atheist-Lite » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:16 am

Sorry I got the county wrong but its the same region isn't it? :smoke:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:52 am

Crumple wrote:Sorry I got the county wrong but its the same region isn't it? :smoke:
Dutch - Deutsch? Not much difference, is there, except for the Dutch women wearing headscarves in the past, so you can differentiate them from the cows.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Atheist-Lite

Post by Atheist-Lite » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 am

Seraph wrote:
Crumple wrote:Sorry I got the county wrong but its the same region isn't it? :smoke:
Dutch - Deutsch? Not much difference, is there, except for the Dutch women wearing headscarves in the past, so you can differentiate them from the cows.
Geert Wilders certainly makes the case for a recent common ancestor? :funny:

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 pm

His trial is back up and running, apparently. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... 3-08-20-29

The fact that he is even on trial for making political statements is really something Holland ought to be ashamed of.

leo-rcc
Robo-Warrior
About me: Combat robot builder

Post by leo-rcc » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Crumple wrote:They showed a similar lack of iniative and 'waiting for orders' deal in the Congo if I'm not mistaken? :tup:
You are mistaken.

edit: I see Jozeldenrust already rectified that. We are the country with a goverment.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
My combat robot site: http://www.team-rcc.org
My other favorite atheist forum: http://www.atheistforums.org

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you