"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:43 am

#NOVICHOK
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 am

Dont joke too much... we are probably being monitored already.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:45 am

More tax dodging by the Trump clan. Anyone paying taxes there must be a fool.

Jared Kushner 'likely paid little or no income tax' for years – report
New York Times says confidential financial documents reflect his use of real estate tax benefits but no suggestion he broke the law

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 am

Trump: The Blue Collar President review: Scaramucci skips the trite fandango
Ten days at the White House qualify The Mooch to write a kiss and tell. It’s a love letter to the man who hired and fired him
A real brown arm job. :ab:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 am

Trump supporter nails Trump supporters.

:lol:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 am

Is Trump also going to take credit for the stock market falling?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:13 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont joke too much... we are probably being monitored already.
I think we'll be fine as long as we don't mention Trump, semtex and jihad in the same sentence.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 am

The white van is coming Brian. Dont worry.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:08 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:40 pm

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:53 pm

C'mon, man. He initiated violence against them by grabbing for the hat. Kicking the shit out of him was a completely justified response--they were protecting themselves against violent leftist scum. Who knows what horrible things he might have done if they hadn't. :Jack:

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Is it ethical to punch leftist scum in the face? :ask:

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:26 am

It was smart of Trump to get the evangelical fundamentalists on his side. This article is a bit old but I am wondering if he has earned even more approval in the meantime?
'End Times' Beliefs Are Extreme, and Extremely Influential
Apocalyptic views are shaping policy at the highest levels.

To those who don't circulate in fundamentalist religious crowds, apocalyptic thinking—the belief that the world will soon be coming to an end, fulfilling biblical prophecy—might seem strangely fringe and hardly worth serious attention. Perhaps for this reason, the topic rarely gets much consideration in mainstream press. But it would be a mistake to be dismissive of “End Times” beliefs, because their influence in American policymaking is far from marginal.

A case in point is the recent declaration by President Trump to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Though it was reported in the media that this move was intended to appease Trump’s conservative Christian base, few news accounts explained in any detail why the religious right considers the issue so important. Their motivation is not any desire to promote peace in the turbulent region, but in fact, the exact opposite: they sincerely believe the move will hasten the end of the world.

Robert Jeffress, a high-profile evangelical leader, praised Trump's decision, calling Jerusalem “the touchstone of prophecy.” The "prophecy" in question is the New Testament’s Book of Revelation, which depicts Jesus returning and an epic battle with forces of evil. Florida legislator Doug Broxson, while introducing Trump at a rally last week, couldn't contain his excitement over the policy change and its biblical implications: “I don’t know about you, but when I heard about Jerusalem – where the King of Kings [applause], where our soon-coming King is coming back to Jerusalem – it is because President Trump declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel.”

“Evangelicals are ecstatic” about the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital “for Israel to us is a sacred place,” explained pastor Paula White, who led the invocation at Trump’s inauguration. The restoration of Israel, along with various events incidental thereto, is seen as a necessary condition for the End Times.

Israel may be a Jewish state, but many fundamentalist Christians clearly feel they have their own theological skin in the game. Scriptural interpretations vary, but the End Times are generally understood by believers as the culmination of all of history, the climactic point where God’s promises are fulfilled, where the righteous are rewarded and God’s wrath is delivered to unrepentant sinners. And the role of Israel in all of this Christian prophecy is central.

This perceived importance is reflected in poll numbers comparing the views of white evangelicals and American Jews on the question of whether they believe God gave the land of Israel to the Jewish people: evangelicals hold the belief at a rate more than doubling that of Jews, 82 to 40 percent.

article continues after advertisement

Although End Times are by definition apocalyptic, envisioning a war that ends the world, for many Christians it is an event to be welcomed, even hastened if at all possible. Such theology would be of little interest to most of us if those who held such beliefs were limited to isolated desert compounds. But as we see with the recent policy change on Jerusalem, End Times thinking is influencing policy at the highest levels.

And this is nothing new, for America has seen fundamentalism and biblical literalism influence everything from climate policy to the military. Despite all of this—with major clerics and even politicians openly discussing how they view the apocalypse with eager anticipation—it is rather strange that such thinking is not subjected to more open analysis and criticism in our media. One can only assume that this is due, at least in part, to the longstanding tradition of holding religious views to be immune from criticism or any serious scrutiny.

As a result, we see policies such as the change on Jerusalem, isolating the United States from the rest of the world, igniting turmoil in the Middle East and beyond, and undoubtedly setting off a chain of causation that will result in some kind of blowback, with almost no public discussion of the End Times theology fueling the move.

Should discussion of religion always be off limits? Even when theology is clearly shaping public policy? Is it wise to allow apocalyptic beliefs to influence contemporary policymaking? Given what is at stake, these are questions that should be front-and-center in our public dialogue, but instead, they are strangely absent.

If there is one kind of prophecy that even secular humanists believe, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. For this reason, we should question those who read the Book of Revelation and say, “Bring it on!”
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... nfluential

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:59 am

More scumbaggery from these malicious parasites.
Trump’s EPA scraps air pollution science review panels
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/10 ... iew-panels

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 am