The Thread of Democrats

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Forty Two wrote:Lol sneaky, but fair
No he's handing out Russian flags to show how easily taken in Trump supporters are.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Forty Two wrote:Remember when this was the rule the Democrats were selling....

That works when the President isn't actually being treasonous.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Tero wrote:This is how the politics are run from now on. Push and shove. Learn from Trump! Get with the program!
And the moronic memes.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Yet, the short message is what will get someone president next time. "Drain the Trump."
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:56 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:55 pm

If Trump is treasonous relative to Russia, then under the same test, Obama was, in fact, treasonous relative to Iran (which is actually far closer to an "enemy state" than Russia is). Or, do you see a difference between Obama/Iran and Trump/Russia? If so, what's the difference. Who aided which country more?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:57 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Tero wrote:This is how the politics are run from now on. Push and shove. Learn from Trump! Get with the program!
And the moronic memes.
Indeed, the internet is devoid of moronic memes directed at Republicans, Libertarians, Trump, etc.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Forty Two wrote:
BarnettNewman wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:55 pm

If Trump is treasonous relative to Russia, then under the same test, Obama was, in fact, treasonous relative to Iran (which is actually far closer to an "enemy state" than Russia is). Or, do you see a difference between Obama/Iran and Trump/Russia? If so, what's the difference. Who aided which country more?
I would say a multi lateral agreement in keeping with international law isn't treasonous. But nice try.

But Cons have a greater understanding of this. Iran-Contra anyone?

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Forty Two wrote:
BarnettNewman wrote:
And the moronic memes.
Indeed, the internet is devoid of moronic memes directed at Republicans, Libertarians, Trump, etc.
Before the election: "We're better than them!"
After the election: "They're just as bad!"

Class.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Shit, Iran is not Russia. A MUCH bigger shithole. Iran can scrape together one nuke.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 pm

42, you seem to be implying that the same rules should apply to Democrats that apply to Republicans. What's wrong with you and where's your Klan robes, you horrible person? We all know that Republicans are all Neo-Nazi racist Dominionists and all rules of civilized discourse are suspended when dealing with them. All rules of civilized discourse are suspended for anyone who doesn't agree with my political philosophy. In fact, I'm allowed, indeed actually obliged, to physically attack them with no liability attaching to me. It's only right.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Plus republicans have manned 90% of the voter registration boards where it matters. And gerrymandering. So nothing Democrats do will ever amount to anything. We can only get a president once in a while, due to the fact that all republicans are disgusting and can't get anyone (other than Trumpenistas for this one vote) to like them.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah, we should kill them all. See how they like having someone Stand Their Ground all over their sorry racist asses.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm
Forty Two wrote:
BarnettNewman wrote:
And the moronic memes.
Before the election: "We're better than them!"
After the election: "They're just as bad!"

Class.
That sort of thing happens every election. With Obama, every criticism was met with "But, Bush!"

However, you're the one who said "and the moronic memes..." - I mean, come on, man. As if there haven't been moronic memes directed at presidents since the "chimp" meme directed toward GWBush. Whether it's moronic or not, of course, depends heavily on whose ox is being gored.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:50 pm
Shit, Iran is not Russia. A MUCH bigger shithole. Iran can scrape together one nuke.
Not the point. Iran took American diplomats hostage for over a year, and stole an American Embassy. They've been designated a terrorist state routinely, and have been subject to massive sanctions for nearly 40 years Iran and the US have had no diplomatic relations since 1980. Iran has been subject to a trade embargo since 1995.

Obama gave Iran $1.7 billion in cash. Seems a lot more like aid and comfort to an enemy than saying nice things about Vladimir Putin.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm
Plus republicans have manned 90% of the voter registration boards where it matters. And gerrymandering. So nothing Democrats do will ever amount to anything. We can only get a president once in a while, due to the fact that all republicans are disgusting and can't get anyone (other than Trumpenistas for this one vote) to like them.
Complete nonsense. Democrats are just as much into gerrymandering as Republicans.

Would 'twere nothing the Democrats do would ever amount to anything. The Democrats have controlled Congress for the better part of the last 100 years. It's only recently that Republicans have evened it out.