The US Healthcare Mass Debate

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Trumpcare

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Very true. England should become the 51st or 53rd state. Americans cant even agree.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:06 am

Warren challenges Trump and he calls her Pocahontas yet again
Trump was asked about Warren’s claim that “people will die” due to the recently unveiled bill. He responded with some familiar ad hominem attacks.

“Well, I actually think she’s a hopeless case. I call her Pocahontas, and that’s an insult to Pocahontas. I actually think that she is just somebody who has got a lot of hatred, a lot anger.

I don’t think she has the kind of support that some people do. I think she hurt Hillary [Clinton]. I watched her campaigning for Hillary, and she was so angry. Hillary would be sitting back, listening to her, trying to smile, but there were a lot of people in that audience that were going ‘Wow, is this what we want?’ There’s a lot of anger there and hostility.”
Trump did not address or dispute Warren’s criticism of the legislation, which would significantly cut Medicaid and roll back many aspects of the Affordable Care Act.

“I think she’s a highly overrated voice,” he added, including Warren (not for the first time) on the long list of other people and things he thinks are “overrated.”
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Looks like there was a single tweak. If you do not have insurance Jan 1, they can block you 6 months after you apply in mid year.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/2 ... ons-239948

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Trump has done his best to undo Obamacare by executive order
https://twitter.com/Im_TheAntiTrump/sta ... 6465721344

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Senator runs to elevator. LOL
Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK), asked if the bill would too severely cut Medicaid, replied calmly: “I’m not sure what it does. I just know that it’s better than Obamacare. That’s the question we should really be talking about.” Asked why the bill is better than Obamacare, Inhofe appeared flustered as he made his way to an elevator in the Capitol’s basement. “Well, if you want to go back and discuss Obamacare, that would be another issue.”

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:02 am

1 Senate Republicans were forced to delay vote on Trumpcare following pressure nationwide, disastrous analysis of bill that would raise costs on Washington state families and rip coverage from millionsOn Senate floor, Sen. Murray pushed her colleagues, advocates, families to keep fighting, not let up the pressure Sen. Murray highlighted two constituents from WA who would be impacted by Trumpcare’s increased coverage costs and cuts to MedicaidSen. Murray: “The backroom deals and arm-twisting are going to go into overdrive starting now”

2 Senate GOP yanks Obamacare repeal bill
Republicans are delaying vote until after July 4 recess after the bill faced resistance from both moderate and conservative Republicans.
By JENNIFER HABERKORN and BURGESS EVERETT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 am

GOP healthcare bill may send pregnant women back to days without coverage

In 2011, when Corey Miller was getting ready to get married, she knew it wouldn’t be too long before she and her new husband would be ready to start a family. She made an offhand inquiry to her insurance company and was floored to learn that her policy – which she purchased as an individual – wouldn’t offer her any maternity coverage.

So Miller shopped around. And in the entire state of Missouri, she found just one policy for individuals that offered maternity coverage – via a “rider” she could buy for an extra $100 a month. Miller would have to pay for the rider for 18 months before her maternity coverage kicked in, and then keep paying for as long as she wanted to maintain the extra coverage.

“I was shocked,” said Miller. “There were not options in the state of Missouri. And if you wanted to have maternity coverage, you were paying a serious amount of money.”

Six years later, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has transformed maternity coverage – and made expensive add-ons like these a thing of the past.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... _clipboard
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Give me something! Anything to repeal Obama! I'll sign it!
CNN)There's a fascinating window into how Donald Trump conceives of the presidency in a New York Times piece out this morning that details the meeting to talk health care between the president and Republican senators at the White House on Tuesday.

Here's are the key passages:
"When asked by reporters clustered on the blacktop outside the West Wing if Mr. Trump had command of the details of the negotiations, Mr. McConnell ignored the question and smiled blandly....
...A senator who supports the bill left the meeting at the White House with a sense that the president did not have a grasp of some basic elements of the Senate plan — and seemed especially confused when a moderate Republican complained that opponents of the bill would cast it as a massive tax break for the wealthy, according to an aide who received a detailed readout of the exchange."
Those descriptions clearly rankled the president, who took to Twitter to defend himself.
"The failing @nytimes writes false story after false story about me. They don't even call to verify the facts of a story. A Fake News Joke!," he tweeted. Then, this: "Some of the Fake News Media likes to say that I am not totally engaged in healthcare. Wrong, I know the subject well & want victory for U.S."

The problem for Trump is that there's a lot of history -- past and recent -- to suggest he is not a terribly details-oriented guy, that he basically views himself as a brand ambassador and the face of an operation. Not the nuts and bolts guy.
Start with Trump's comments before the private meeting with Republican senators on Tuesday afternoon. "For the country, we have to have health care and it can't be Obamacare, which is melting down," Trump said. "This will be great if we get it done, and if we don't get it done it is just going to be something we aren't going to like. And that is OK and I understand that very well."
No mention of premiums. Or Medicaid expansion. Or deficit reduction. Or deductibles. Or any sort of policy at all.
Then there is the reporting coming out of CNN regarding Trump's pitch to on-the-fence senators like Utah's Mike Lee. As CNN's MJ Lee reported Tuesday, Trump's argument was largely political -- his voters, Trump's not Lee's, wanted and needed this so the Senate should do it.
This excerpt is particularly illuminating:
"It was also a 'high level' call, with the President not diving into specific policy details. This is similar to when Trump tried to win over House Republicans on their bill earlier this year -- the President did not appear interested in in discussing detailed policy."
"High level." Cough. Ahem.
Go back even further to when Donald Trump was in search of a vice presidential nominee. This passage, from a Robert Draper story in the New York Times magazine, is instructive:
"According to [an Ohio Gov. John] Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?
When Kasich's adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father's vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.
Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?
'Making America great again' was the casual reply."

Even in his past life as a developer, Trump was primarily concerned with being the public face of the operation rather than the behind-the-scenes guy who got into the nitty gritty of the deal. He was the closer, swooping in when the deal was done to put his unique stamp on it -- and then talk about what a great deal it was to any and everyone who would listen.
Given all of that history, the descriptions of Trump as less interested in the policy details around health care than convincing Republican Senators to be for some sort of bill and to declare victory are entirely consistent with who we know he was before running for office. Trump is a big picture guy. He's the face. The specifics he has always left to other people.
That he appears to be doing so in the health care debate should surprise, roughly, no one.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Next step: Single Payer Health Care in the US

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:17 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Next step: Single Payer Health Care in the US

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:36 pm

The only things inevitable in the US are death and taxes, and that Republicans will actively work to ensure that as many poor people as possible die from lack of healthcare.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Nah, it's just that "hopeless Pocahontas" shooting off her mouth again. :roll:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm

It's going to take a few years. Trump will be in adult diapers by then. Will single payer pay for them? And the nurse to feed him oat meal.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:29 pm

pErvin wrote:The only things inevitable in the US are death and taxes, and that Republicans will actively work to ensure that as many poor people as possible die from lack of healthcare.
What were you saying? Sorry, I missed that while I was out having a shootout at high noon in front of the Double Horseshoe Saloon.

It's amazing the misconceptions people like you have of the United States.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:31 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Nah, it's just that "hopeless Pocahontas" shooting off her mouth again. :roll:
She's the one who falsely claimed to be a native American in order to help her Ivy League career path. If a Republican claimed to be native American because of the high cheekbones that run in her family, and alleged family "lore," I am sure you'd have some laughs about it. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Tero wrote:It's going to take a few years. Trump will be in adult diapers by then. Will single payer pay for them? And the nurse to feed him oat meal.
If you think single payer is going to pay for adult diapers and nurses feeding us oatmeal, then you're more deluded than I thought.