We need to talk about Donald – the Nightmare continues

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: We need to talk about Donald – the Nightmare continues

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Theresa is set to lecture Trump in Brussels about intelligence leaks. He's not going to take that well. Women are made to be grabbed by the pussy, not for lecturing men.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Scientists just published an entire study refuting Scott Pruitt on climate change

In a sign of growing tensions between scientists and the Trump administration, researchers published a scientific paper Wednesday that was conceived and written as an explicit refutation to an assertion by Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt about climate change.

The study, in the journal Nature Scientific Reports, sets up a direct test of a claim by Pruitt, made in written Senate comments following his confirmation hearing, that “over the past two decades satellite data indicates there has been a leveling off of warming.”

After reviewing temperature trends contained in three satellite data sets going back to 1979, the paper concludes that the data sets show a global warming trend — and that Pruitt was incorrect.

“Satellite temperature measurements do not support the claim of a ‘leveling off of warming’ over the past two decades,” write the authors, led by Benjamin Santer of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Santer co-authored the study with three Livermore colleagues and scientists from MIT, the University of Washington in Seattle and Remote Sensing Systems, which keeps one of the three satellite temperature data sets.

“In my opinion, when incorrect science is elevated to the level of formal congressional testimony and makes its way into the official congressional record, climate scientists have some responsibility to test specific claims that were made, determine whether those claims are correct or not, and publish their results,” said Santer in an interview, when asked about the framing of the research.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... d4e51eb8f3

Remind me why this ignoramus is holding a position he has no competency for again.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm

A fucking fool if I ever saw one.

Trump’s Proposed Budget Would Invest $277 Million in Abstinence-Only Education
http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/05/trump-b ... ex-ed.html
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 pm

"This budget is the Robin Hood principle in reverse."
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu May 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Trump visits an African country and they present him with a young chimpanzee. The beast is tame and rides with Trump to Airforce 1. They land at home. "What should I do with the chimpanzee?" Take him to the zoo, sir.

The next day Trump and his new pal ride the limo to the zoo.

He comes back and the chimp is still in the limo. "I thought you took him to the zoo?"

"I did. We had a terrific time. Tomorrow we are going to 6 Flags.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 am

Carrier, the company President Trump pledged to keep on American soil, informed the state of Indiana this week that it will soon begin cutting 632 workers from an Indianapolis factory. The manufacturing jobs will move to Monterrey, Mexico, where the minimum wage is $3.90 per day.

That was never supposed to happen, according to Trump's campaign promises. He told Indiana residents at a rally last year there was a "100 percent chance” he would save the jobs at the heating and air-conditioning manufacturer.

About 1,400 positions were on the chopping block, per company estimates. Over the past year, Trump has claimed he could maintain at least 1,100 of those jobs in the United States. But on Monday, the company gave official notice to Indiana officials that it would start laying off workers at the factory on July 20 and keep slashing staff until approximately 800 factory employees remain.

A celebratory Trump visited the factory in December and announced that, thanks to his negotiating, more than 1,100 of the jobs would stay in the heartland.

“Carrier stepped it up, and now they’re keeping over 1,100 people,” Trump told an audience of cheering factory workers.

He said those numbers could go even higher, noting that United Technologies had agreed to invest roughly $16 million into updating the plant.

“And by the way, that number is going to go up substantially as they expand this area, this plant,” Trump said. “The 1,100 is going to be a minimum number.”

But later that month, Greg Hayes, chief executive of United Technologies, admitted that the $16 million investment would go toward automation.

“What that ultimately means is there will be fewer jobs,” he told CNBC's Jim Cramer...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... save-them/
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 26, 2017 1:30 am

The new normal?

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri May 26, 2017 8:01 am

Trump is a conman. Plain and simple.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 26, 2017 8:02 am

Seems the body slam is now a valid political tactic...

Frank Zappa

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 am

See the look on his face? "I'm President, fuck-off the rest of you."
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 26, 2017 8:11 am

That Montana guy who body slammed someone just got elected. The Repubs are a bunch of thugs, and their supporters clearly no better.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 26, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah, I think that was Seth.
:hehe:

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 am

Trump really is a child. How embarrassing.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Fri May 26, 2017 9:30 am

NATO is a joke.

What the fuck is Montenegro doing in NATO ? Didn't the first world war start near there?
The whole area is a liability, and we just signed up to defend them.

All this bollocks about Russia is because they need something to preserve NATO for.
Without Russia being cast as the bad guy, NATO is pointless. Hence the rabid headlines.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump pulled out, and I wouldn't blame him.
Historically, it's the Germans and the Slavs that you need to worry about.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, I think that was Seth.
:hehe:
:thinks:

Unlikey, though not impossible :zilla: Now if the Guardian reporter got shot........
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.