Thread of white - supremacy? CW: Triggered Snowflakes.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Thread of white - supremacy? CW: Triggered Snowflakes.

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 am

triggered
ˈtrɪɡəd/
adjective
(of a mechanism) activated by a trigger.
"a triggered alarm"
(of a response) caused by particular action, process, or situation.
"a triggered memory of his childhood"

snowflake
ˈsnəʊfleɪk/Submit
noun
a flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry.
a white-flowered Eurasian plant related to and resembling the snowdrop, typically blooming in the summer or autumn.
(simile) A person who is synonymous with a snowflake; cold, white, and fragile.

‘White genocide in space’: Racist fans seethe at diversity in new ‘Star Trek’ series.

The new series Star Trek Discovery stars Asian actress Michelle Yeoh as the ship’s captain and black actress Sonequa Martin-Green as her first officer — and this has caused some Trekkies to fret about the lack of white men in charge.

While the overall reaction to the new Star Trek trailer has been positive — although there are the usual complaints from Star Trek fans about continuity errors — one group of fans is particularly upset about the show’s diverse cast of characters.

As both Heat Street and Daily Kos point out, the series’ YouTube page has been bombarded by comments labeling the show a “SJW” plot aimed at shoving “political correctness,” “forced diversity,” and even “cultural Marxism” down viewers’ throats.

Additionally, some angry Twitter users have even proclaimed that the show’s diverse cast is evidence of a “white genocide” conspiracy aimed at eliminating the white race from the face of the Earth.

Read some of the top angry reactions from fans below.
Continue to read the tweets from twits. https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/white- ... ek-series/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Thread of white - supremacy? CW: Triggered Snowflakes.

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 8:20 am

The background is populated by mountain ranges, burning buildings, and bi-planes, which gives a glimpse into some of the carnage we'll be getting into in Far Cry 5. In the foreground is a beaten and bound man with the word "sinner" written across his back, as well as an alternate version of the American flag, pointing towards the tone of the upcoming game.
In the past there has been minor controversy over the depiction of the White Saviour coming to help (and shoot bucket loads of) POCs in the Far Cry series, but it's nothing compared to the blizzard of cold, white tears which is hitting the comment section on IGN for Far Cry 5 - Which seems to feature a bunch of Trump supporters.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/05/24/f ... s-revealed

Best comment from in there - Make Far Cry Great Again. :lol:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 9:04 am

I can't help being sorta pinky-brown, I was born like that...

Luckily I'm not an albino...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am

I've heard black people aren't black either.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 am

Being non-white is their problem...
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am

What's CW? Clockwise? :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 am

pErvin wrote:What's CW? Clockwise? :think:
Content warning
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 am

It stands for 'content warning'. I'm very considerate of the feelings of Alt-Right/MRA/MGTFO/Right-Wing/Trump supporting idiots on this site. I'm letting them know, in advance, there is material here which may offend their delicate sensitivities.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 9:28 am

This is why you have to thread carefully around the sensitive fee-fees of whites.

White Male Terrorists Are an Issue We Should Discuss

Since September 11, 2001, preventing terrorism in the United States has become one of the main concerns of citizens, policymakers, and law enforcement agencies. Leaders believe that battling "terror" isn't just done by waging war on jihadists themselves, but also on their ideology. When an attack whose perpetrator is affiliated with Islam occurs on American soil, the nation collectively recoils in horror at the audacious attack, mourns for those we've lost, and then subsequently doubles down on rooting out any semblance of pro-extremist thought in our society.

When the assailant is identified, intelligence agencies conduct a thorough investigation into the subject's known terror ties. These ties are provided to outlets that, in real time, condemn the violent extremism that animated the subject. When bad actors align themselves with extremist Islamic ideology, information about those who propagate this dangerous dogma is eagerly consumed because we deem it essential — not to just know what happened, but everything and every person that may have influenced what happened. Yet when it comes to domestic terrorism carried out by white men, such thorough accounting lacks.

Last week, America found itself in a terrifying and simultaneously familiar place: mourning the loss of life after a mass shooting. On Sunday, April 30, Monique Clark, a 35-year-old mother of three daughters, was killed after a gunman opened fire at guests at a poolside party inside an apartment complex. In addition to Clark, six other people — mostly black and Latinx — were injured in the shooting spree by a 49-year-old white male named Peter Selis. In the wake of the attack, witnesses and victims attested that race was a prominent factor in the shooting. Yet San Diego Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman said just one day after the shooting that there was "zero information" that race contributed to the attack. (Navy Lt. j.g. Lauren Chapman, one of the attendees of the party, said she felt "heartbreak" at the police's dismissal of this motive, which witnesses say was a major factor.) The shooting received such little immediate coverage that people took to social media to blast major networks and politicians for their lack of reporting, and terror context.
The problem with snowflakisim. http://www.teenvogue.com/story/white-ma ... ld-discuss

(Yes. That is Teen Vogue.)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 9:34 am

Conservatives trigger me. I want to commit violence any time they are near me.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 am

Another favourite quote from the IGN article.

This game will surely end up painting Southerners as inbred idiots, and probably make it out to where they are all "evil Trump supporters". Who in the fuck thought it would be a good idea to set Far Cry in a setting like this? You've lost yourselves Ubisoft. Like EA you've employed too many white hating racists and overly feminist assh*les. I'm done.
They couldn't have picked an any more NORTHERN State than Montana--any further North, they'd be in Canada. Continue with what you were saying about "Southerners as inbred idiots" again?

:funny:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 am

'Last Man Standing' And The Conservative Persecution Complex

Canceling a mediocre sitcom is an attack on the American family? Really?

Last week, I covered the strange tantrum that arose from conservative corners after the Tim Allen sitcom Last Man Standing was cancelled by ABC in a completely mundane, run-of-the-mill business decision. And I say strange because it was clearly done for the one reason that conservatives care about more than anything: Money.

According to Vox, the show was getting increasingly expensive with each season, and it was popular with audience members over 50, which isn't the most profitable advertising demographic. On top of that, ABC's recent acquisition of American Idol blew a sizable hole through their programming budget and schedule forcing them to axe several other shows as well. But Last Man Standing is apparently special. Like a snowflake. (See what I did there?)

However, despite reams of evidence to the contrary, some conservatives are still convinced that ABC suddenly decided to sacrifice the show to appease liberals - Tim Allen is a noted conservative/libertarian. - and they haven't budged even though ABC is bringing back Roseanne starring vocal Trump supporter Roseanne Barr.

So because I don't value my time or sanity, I've been traveling down the rabbit hole of conservative whining and made the god-awful mistake of dipping into the comments on Variety's report that 20th Century Fox is shopping Last Man Standing to other networks, yet noticeably isn't picking it up for the channel it owns and operates. In fact, there's a whole paragraph about it!
Read the article for examples of triggered snowflakes. https://thedailybanter.com/2017/05/last ... servative/

Then read the comments on the article itself for another gentle fall of snow.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu May 25, 2017 4:12 pm

For goodness sake, don't let on to the knuckle-draggers that the very first Star Trek series had Jewish leads in Shatner and Nimoy.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Because misogyny and Trump-supporting, Alt-Right, snow monkeys go hand-in-hand.
A Women-Only Wonder Woman Screening Is Predictably Upsetting Dumb-Ass Sexists.

Within a matter of hours, a movie theater in Austin, Texas sold out its first women-only screening of DC’s Wonder Woman, and they’re already planning at least one more showing. Unfortunately, the laws of the internet dictate that anytime women get something cool, some men have to bitch about it.

The Alamo Drafthouse announced Wednesday that they would be having a completely women-only screening of Wonder Woman, the first comic book film to star a woman in over a decade, and arguably the first female-led superhero blockbuster ever. The Drafthouse is pulling out all the stops for this screening, promising that everyone participating in this showing will be female and female-identifying... and that includes everyone working behind the scenes:

“Apologies, gentlemen, but we’re embracing our girl power and saying ‘No Guys Allowed’ for one special night at the Alamo Ritz. And when we say ‘Women (and People Who Identify As Women) Only,’ we mean it. Everyone working at this screening — venue staff, projectionist, and culinary team — will be female.”

Women have largely praised the Drafthouse’s special screening—both in words and ticket sales, as the show sold out within hours, and there have been many requests for more screenings by those who are missing out on the first one. While many men have also been praising it, others have been complaining. Like, a lot. Some men have promised to boycott the Drafthouse in retaliation, and the movie theater company’s Facebook page and Twitter account are full of cries of “reverse sexism,” “misandry,” and whatever other nonsense these jackasses use to try and explain something that doesn’t apply here at all.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-women-only-won ... 1795542295

According to the rules, there's nothing to stop men dressing up as women and identifying as such if they want to see it so fucking badly.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Pass me my pearls and twinset, there's a dear...
And my gin!