Anyone use Spotify?

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Re: Anyone use Spotify?

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:20 pm

I could never get Spotify to work on Facebook. I feel the moment has passed now.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:30 pm
Could be true, but thieving what?

Would you download a car?
My take on it is that there are a lot of bands out there now - more than ever. They really don't make much from selling their music these days from what I read. They have to play live, which is good of course. I tend to like non-mainstream music too so they need every penny they make as I see it so I pay for their music.

I wouldn't have as big a problem with Disney and others of that ilk who own the music of some of the megastars I guess, but I'm not really interested in those.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:51 pm

I bought an album off a friend of mine. I didn't rip it to MP3 because I didn't want to be responsible for her music being stolen.

Years later, I found her CD again, and realized that I don't listen to it. I might rip it, but it's not as cool anymore. It must have been the time.

I 'steal' mainstream music only.

Copyright should expire a lot sooner. Bryan Adams pointed out recently that the owners of his music retain copyright until 25 years after his death.

I don't see a reason to respect that kind of business, especially when it so often disrespects the artist.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:52 pm

The main problem I had though, is that music providers are enforcing copyright. If I wanted a cop to go through my phone, I would go ask one.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm not one to pick and choose the laws I obey and those I don't...as a rule anyway.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:22 pm

I wish you would steal a movie.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397511/

Your lawful, good nature is being exploited by greedy fucks. Not musicians (who may also be greedy fucks) but businesses and industries you would not respect for any other reason.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Most of the artists I listen to are not mainstream, so I buy their music to support them. If I want mainstream stuff from rich people I liberate it. I pay for premium Pandora, so at least a tiny fraction of what I spend goes to the artists.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:41 pm

I would pay an artist directly for a digital copy of their music (providing there is no 'DRM' crippling) or pay for a concert I wish to attend, but when the big companies earn off it, I lose respect proportionally to the size of the company.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Well I've been using Spotify for a little over a week now and I have explored stuff I have never really had the opportunity to do so in the past. Hip hop from the late 90s and such, some of which I love for example! Fresh copies of old albums I haven't had for years and so on. Spotify beats Itunes hands down, but I must say I am puzzled by how they do it for a tenner a month.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 pm

Rum wrote:Well I'm a fan of modern(ish) Jazz - which is to say I don't like trad jazz..and I stumbled on a Radio Station based in Florida that plays non-stop jazz - nearly all modern(ish). A few very short adverts - hardly any really - and a recorded announcer who doesn't say much either. I have it on nearly all the time at the moment.

The Ethiopian mouth harp drone music station will have to wait a bit...
What's that FL station?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:48 pm
Well I've been using Spotify for a little over a week now and I have explored stuff I have never really had the opportunity to do so in the past. Hip hop from the late 90s and such, some of which I love for example! Fresh copies of old albums I haven't had for years and so on. Spotify beats Itunes hands down, but I must say I am puzzled by how they do it for a tenner a month.
By paying the artists an absolute pittance.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:23 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:48 pm
By paying the artists an absolute pittance.
They'd only spend it on drugs... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm

I use Spotify now that it's pretty good with making suggestions on related music - it makes expanding your listening library a whole lot easier.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 pm
Rum wrote:Well I'm a fan of modern(ish) Jazz - which is to say I don't like trad jazz..and I stumbled on a Radio Station based in Florida that plays non-stop jazz - nearly all modern(ish). A few very short adverts - hardly any really - and a recorded announcer who doesn't say much either. I have it on nearly all the time at the moment.

The Ethiopian mouth harp drone music station will have to wait a bit...
What's that FL station?
Missed this at the time Better late than never.

http://www.cooljazzflorida.com/

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:24 am

I have a big box of CD's over there, which I have been burning into digital copies, and we STILL haven't moved much of it over to the phone to listen. I think we may be too lazy to manage our own music, and maybe spotify or suchlike are best placed to take care of us.

But we used to make the weird kids stay out of the party by giving them the 'important job' of DJ. What the hell are we going to do with them now?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: