Brilliant covers

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: Brilliant covers

Post by cronus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 am

What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:24 am

cronus wrote:
DRSB wrote:You mean covering songs is the same as producing fake art? I disagree. It is all about the acknowledgement, say you cover, say you reproduce, you are OK.
With new medicine there's a ten year period of grace before generics kick in. It's amoral that artists, whose greatest works are often a puzzle to themselves how they arose, can hold onto the rights of a pattern of paint pigments for profit over decades. That'd be the closest our stances might come. Yes, the originator of piece should be acknowledged, yet the legal framework should ensure new artists are encouraged as well as protecting temporarily the fiscal outcomes of a artist producing something outstanding. We don't have the interesting movements in art like at the start of the 20th C. and part of that is the law protecting established artists over new and up'n'coming ones, or even outsider artists who sometimes might be more interesting than trained ones.
Most artists don't earn any money. Like I wrote, Filonov never sold anything and died of hunger.

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:14 am

DRSB wrote:
cronus wrote:
DRSB wrote:You mean covering songs is the same as producing fake art? I disagree. It is all about the acknowledgement, say you cover, say you reproduce, you are OK.
With new medicine there's a ten year period of grace before generics kick in. It's amoral that artists, whose greatest works are often a puzzle to themselves how they arose, can hold onto the rights of a pattern of paint pigments for profit over decades. That'd be the closest our stances might come. Yes, the originator of piece should be acknowledged, yet the legal framework should ensure new artists are encouraged as well as protecting temporarily the fiscal outcomes of a artist producing something outstanding. We don't have the interesting movements in art like at the start of the 20th C. and part of that is the law protecting established artists over new and up'n'coming ones, or even outsider artists who sometimes might be more interesting than trained ones.
Most artists don't earn any money. Like I wrote, Filonov never sold anything and died of hunger.
A few make it big and the remainder make pennies. That's true everywhere. Sometimes it seems dishonesty is the only way to make a honest living if you are a creative in this world. I keep intending to take up photography yet high end equipment is out of my reach. I don't know. :read:

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:07 am

cronus wrote:
DRSB wrote:
cronus wrote:
A few make it big and the remainder make pennies. That's true everywhere. Sometimes it seems dishonesty is the only way to make a honest living if you are a creative in this world. I keep intending to take up photography yet high end equipment is out of my reach. I don't know. :read:
I think also making money with music is next to impossible, people have to pay money to make music nowadays.

You shouldn't do things for money, as the saying goes, only for love, but at least the bills should be covered by what you do best.

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:23 am

DRSB wrote:
cronus wrote:
DRSB wrote:
cronus wrote:
I think also making money with music is next to impossible, people have to pay money to make music nowadays.

You shouldn't do things for money, as the saying goes, only for love, but at least the bills should be covered by what you do best.
If I had a wealthy patron then my equipment and hence the quality of my output would improve. A virtuous circle. There are many talented amateurs in the arts who never make it. It's a lottery, time and chance. And for the untalented with the correct paperwork there is always advertising.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 am

You can just as well argue what this whole fuss about royal babies is about when millions of women around the world are going through the laboriousness of producing babies and isn't a baby a baby?! Some have privileges and privilege is by definition not earned or deserved.

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:39 am

DRSB wrote:You can just as well argue what this whole fuss about royal babies is about when millions of women around the world are going through the laboriousness of producing babies and isn't a baby a baby?! Some have privileges and privilege is by definition not earned or deserved.
Inheritors inherit. Sometimes.

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:27 am

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:37 am

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:58 am

I remember where I was when I heard the original. This version had the same impact on my oldest child. It's pretty damn good, if I might say so. :tup:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:58 pm

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 pm

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:51 pm

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 am

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:21 am