NRA

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: NRA

Post by Hermit » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:... and we'll say, "He was a quiet man - kept himself to himself."
No. We'll say: "How the fuck did we miss the warning sign? MM clearly made his intention known in a forum post at rationalia.com, where he wrote: "When I do my final massacre, I'm going to have two assault rifles fitted with bump stocks, give alternate burst so they don't overheat."" We obviously have not learnt to read such signs since Elliot Rodger posted his intention to commit a mass shooting on Youtube.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:59 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 pm

NRA in confusion over Foreign Guy owning gun:

A Tunisian native allegedly in the U.S. illegally was charged Wednesday over an incident that involved an AR 15-style rifle with a bump stock being found outside an Indianapolis hotel before a popular women's march, The Indianapolis Star reported.

Security guards at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Indianapolis alerted police after they said they found firearms inside a truck that belonged to Ahmed Alaklouk on Jan. 20, the report said.

Security alerted police and found six handguns and the rifle that had a scope, bump stock and bipod, the report said. Alaklouk said it was his father’s, and was “fully tricked out,” the report said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12/ma ... -says.html

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:33 pm

What's the point of a scope and a bump stock? Amateur.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Hermit wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:... and we'll say, "He was a quiet man - kept himself to himself."
No. We'll say: "How the fuck did we miss the warning sign? MM clearly made his intention known in a forum post at rationalia.com, where he wrote: "When I do my final massacre, I'm going to have two assault rifles fitted with bump stocks, give alternate burst so they don't overheat."" We obviously have not learnt to read such signs since Elliot Rodger posted his intention to commit a mass shooting on Youtube.
No, I think we'll say "he should have known that attacking a meeting of the NRA would result in armed defenders responding quickly"

Then people will mock him for having a bump stock and a scope on the same weapon.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Daily News reporter fires "horrifying" AR 15.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/f ... -1.2673201
It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon.
One day after 49 people were killed in the Orlando shooting, I traveled to Philadelphia to better understand the firepower of military-style weapons and, hopefully, explain their appeal to gun lovers.
But mostly, I was just terrified.
A terrifying bazooka cannon thing.
I’ve shot pistols before, but never something like an AR-15. Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).
The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.
It gave him PTSD. Plus, spent brass was flying past his face and the horrendous recoil bruised his shoulder. Every AR I've ever fired ejects spent casings from the side. Maybe he was holding it wrong? Like next to his ear? That would explain the deafening (even with ear protection), bomb-like explosions.
Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened.
I need a new rifle, mine doesn't have a "semi-automatic mode" selector switch.

I'm glad someone is brave enough to finally tell the truth about these dangerous, horrifying weapons of mass destruction.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 pm

laklak wrote:What's the point of a scope and a bump stock? Amateur.
:lol:

It's the same with every obsession.

They always make sense, when you're in it.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 am

Cunt wrote:
Hermit wrote:
No, I think we'll say "he should have known that attacking a meeting of the NRA would result in armed defenders responding quickly"

Then people will mock him for having a bump stock and a scope on the same weapon.
Who said anything about a scope? Anyway, shooting it out with NRA gun nuts would be the whole point.
A massacre of innocents wouldn't appeal to me.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Rural school shooters do not need AR-15s! Too few students to shoot.
https://politics.theonion.com/betsy-dev ... 1823702688

laklak

Post by laklak » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:24 pm

If I was going to shoot a bunch of people I wouldn't use an AR. I'd use a bolt action in a larger caliber with a detachable magazine, like a Remington 700 with a 20 round mag, in .308 or maybe .300 Winmag. I'd set up at distance and pick them off one by one. Not as fast, of course, but far more accurate, and fuck of a lot more punch than 5.56.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 pm

No offence, Lak, but I think you'd suck at a school mass shooter. You need to get em quick before they can lock themselves in classrooms and hide behind bushes. At least that's what my Grandpappy used to say...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:03 am

I wouldn't shoot up a school. The best part of kids is watching them grow up full of promise and hope, only to be beaten down by life until they're bitter, miserable, old fucks.

I'd shoot up a nursing home. For one thing, old people irritate me. Second, they're slow, which is useful if you're using a bolt action rather than an assault weapon. Third, it will clear a lot of cars off the roads around here.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 am

laklak wrote:I wouldn't shoot up a school. The best part of kids is watching them grow up full of promise and hope, only to be beaten down by life until they're bitter, miserable, old fucks.
:lol:
I'd shoot up a nursing home. For one thing, old people irritate me. Second, they're slow, which is useful if you're using a bolt action rather than an assault weapon. Third, it will clear a lot of cars off the roads around here.
All they do is suck up resources and lounge around all day. A worthy target.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 am

:cranky:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm

As a first step, I would like to challenge Sen. Rubio to publically explain why any American civilian actually needs to own a military assault weapon.

The 2nd Amendment of our Constitution consists of 26 words written in arcane language that has caused much confusion down through the years. Since the amendment was written at a time in our history where virtually every home contained a flintlock musket and gun ownership was an accepted, normal part of everyday life, it’s reasonable to believe that, rather than dealing with individual gun ownership, the 2nd Amendment was intended to protect the right of each state to have its own “well regulated militia.”

However, the NRA has taken the last 14 words of the amendment, “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,” strictly out of context, to promote a pro-gun agenda that has been amazingly successful. The NRA is recognized as the most powerful and influential government lobbying group in the U.S. They have bought and/or intimidated many politicians — including our own Sen. Marco Rubio, who has taken millions from the NRA — into adopting and promoting their agenda, which includes the following:

• The 2nd Amendment, as interpreted by the NRA, is the foundation that protects all of our rights and freedoms.

• If we allow the government to take away our guns, we will lose all our rights and freedom.

• Any attempt to regulate or control firearms ownership and usage is like the first crack in the dike and will lead to the eventual loss of all our gun rights.

• 2nd Amendment rights are absolute, to be held almost sacred, to be protected at any cost, regardless of how many people get slaughtered by firearms.

None of the other rights in the 10 amendments that make up our Bill of Rights has ever been held to be absolute. We are guaranteed freedom to speak our minds but we cannot yell “fire” in a crowded theater. We are protected from unreasonable search and seizure without warrants or probable cause, but we must let TSA and Customs agents search our persons, luggage and cars without cause. We can publicly demonstrate in the streets, but we cannot impede the free movement of others.

Time and time again the courts have ruled that the need to maintain public safety overrides the rights of the individual. Why should the 2nd Amendment be any different? Should the right of an individual to own a military assault weapon be more important than the right of our children to feel safe at school?

As with any other threat to the safety and well being of the public — and especially our children — the rights of individual gun owners (like myself) must be superseded by the need to protect the public at large. As a first step, I would like to challenge Sen. Rubio to publically explain why any American civilian actually needs to own a military assault weapon.

— Ross Olmos is a former police officer and a retired associate professor of criminal justice who now lives in Ocala.
http://www.ocala.com/opinion/20180311/r ... e-absolute
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...