NRA

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: NRA

Post by Hermit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am

pErvinalia wrote:No, theres some other simple modification you can do. If Seth was here he'd explain it.
Meanwhile you say "It's apparently quite easy and cheap to convert an AR-15 to automatic fire" without a shred of evidence. Do some googling and provide it. Until then I place your assertion in the same category as the one that postulates "there is a god".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:07 am

For killing people in fairly large numbers in a mall or in a school, you don't need full automatic. An AR 15 with a 30 shot magazine with some spare magazines will do the job well enough. So, the mealy-mouthed statement by 42 that "you can't buy assault rifles in the US" is meaningless in the context of mass shootings.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 am

Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:No, theres some other simple modification you can do. If Seth was here he'd explain it.
Meanwhile you say "It's apparently quite easy and cheap to convert an AR-15 to automatic fire" without a shred of evidence. Do some googling and provide it. Until then I place your assertion in the same category as the one that postulates "there is a god".
Do you need a hug?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am

Seth explains it here... :shifty:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 am

pErvinalia wrote:Seth explains it here... :shifty:
pErvinalia wrote:
Seth wrote:
pErvin wrote:I think it's also pretty easy to modify the AR-15 and clones to 'select-fire'.
No, actually it is not. In fact one of the criteria the BATFE uses to authorize the importation, manufacture or sale of any semi-automatic weapon is that it is NOT easy to modify to fire fully-automatically. [...] Which is not to say that it's not possible to do so. It is. But it takes a lot of work, more than a little skill in machining and metal work, it modifies the exterior appearance of the firearm so that it's readily identifiable that it's been modified to anyone who is knowledgeable about such things...like police officers and BATFE agents.
I knew that. I was just testing you. You passed.. :coffee:
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 am

Ahh - America, where appearances are everything.

The number of Delta airlines concession/discount tickets sold to NRA members - 13.

http://www.wtsp.com/article/news/nation ... 60e998ecb2

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:49 pm

I guess it's back to business as usual. :banghead:
McConnell shelves gun bills for banking reform

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is moving to banking reform legislation — not gun control or other responses to the high school shooting in Florida — next week in the Senate.

McConnell has filed a motion to have a procedural vote Tuesday on legislation sponsored by Senate Banking Committee Chairman Mike Crapo (R-Idaho). After that, McConnell hopes to move to legislation addressing sex trafficking, according to GOP sources.

Legislation addressing the Florida high school shooting, the subject of contentious conversations between President Trump and GOP lawmakers at a White House meeting televised live on cable news Wednesday, will wait.

A Senate GOP aide said a limited bill to strengthen background checks for firearms purchases could come to the floor at any moment as soon as Democrats agree to let it move forward.

McConnell on Tuesday blamed Democrats for preventing the proposal, sponsored by Senate Republican Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) and Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.), from coming to the floor.

“We tried to get it cleared yesterday, but the Democratic leader objected,” McConnell said.

Democrats vigorously dispute that and say that conservatives led by Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) objected to moving the Cornyn-Murphy bill.
In the meantime, my 18 year old daughter called, upset because a friend was found in a ditch, shot to death. Facebook is a lousy way to get such news.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Oh man, that's terrible. :(

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Yeah, it sucks, plus it's not the first time, and not unusual for my kids' generation.

I hope McConnell dies before me & I have enough wit left to go piss on his grave.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Ar 15's have been known to go full auto 'accidentally' because a worn sear! Drop in auto sears are available in some states, before 1981 they weren't even registered .
http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html
And the old British SLR could be made to go full auto with a matchstick. When I googled that to fact-check I was directed to Stormfront forum ,so crazier people than I know about it .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Our friend from the land of dictators and vodka:

'Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed'
A prominent Kremlin-linked Russian politician has methodically cultivated ties with leaders of the National Rifle Association and documented efforts in real time over six years to leverage those connections and gain deeper access into American politics, NPR has learned.

Russian politician Alexander Torshin said his ties to the NRA provided him access to Donald Trump — and the opportunity to serve as a foreign election observer in the United States during the 2012 election.

Torshin is a prolific Twitter user, logging nearly 150,000 tweets, mostly in Russian, since his account was created in 2011. Previously obscured by language and sheer volume of tweets, Torshin has written numerous times about his connections with the NRA, of which he is a known paid lifetime member. NPR has translated a selection of those posts that document Torshin's relationship to the group.

These revelations come amid news that the FBI is investigating whether Torshin, the deputy governor of the Bank of Russia, illegally funneled money to the NRA to assist the Trump campaign in 2016, McClatchy reported in January.

In a letter to Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., a member of the Senate intelligence committee, the NRA denied any wrongdoing and suggested the FBI is investigating Torshin, not the NRA. Neither the NRA nor Torshin responded to inquiries from NPR.
If Trump were to get his desire and the NPR (through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting) were to be defunded, they wouldn't be able to inflict scurrilous stories like this on the American people.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Tero wrote:If you can’t overthrow governments, why bother with the guns?
Because they have guns. Should we just trust your President?

Hermit wrote:
Cunt wrote:As I understand the second amendment, everyone is allowed to be armed with whatever is able to defend against government, so, if government has guns that are bigger and bigger, then the citizens can have the same.
My understanding is that when the US Constitution was being discussed the federal government was not meant to have a standing army at all. It was envisaged that in situations where a national military defence force was deemed necessary the federal government would draw its military resources from the various states' militias.
My understanding was that this amendment was to enshrine the rights of individual citizens to arm themselves against government tyranny.

You may insist that a bunch of dirt-farmers with guns can't fight a big gov't army, but when I saw your chosen image, it showed me that you don't take any of it seriously.

Please replace the un-serious photo in your post with an image of a smiling Vietnamese dirt-farmer armed against gov't tyranny.

Or keep on course...I doubt you will change your mind. Just disarm yourself, and don't worry. You will be protected by your President.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Does a xirl like you believe that only your President and his team should have access to guns?

I think it is hilarious that the Oscars are guarded by guns, while your schools are guarded by signs indicating a gun-free zone. :)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Cunt wrote:Just disarm yourself, and don't worry. You will be protected by your President.
No president here. No revolution. No civil war. No killing heads of government. Less than a quarter of the murder rate in the US. Best of all, I can walk the streets without ever wondering if the person walking toward me is "carrying". In this country police generally need not worry either. That's why the US cops kill somewhere between 800 an 1000 people a year. On a pro rata basis that is 13 times the rate Australian police do likewise. I kind of understand the difference. I seem to recall that around 400 cops are killed on the job every year, more often than not by people who do carry.

As for state based well regulated militias, national guards or whatever, I do appreciate the underlying purpose. Very noble, that. Trouble is, they have a history of coming out on the side of federal government, against "we, the people".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Hermit wrote:
Cunt wrote:Just disarm yourself, and don't worry. You will be protected by your President.
No president here. No revolution. No civil war. No killing heads of government. Less than a quarter of the murder rate in the US. Best of all, I can walk the streets without ever wondering if the person walking toward me is "carrying". In this country police generally need not worry either. That's why the US cops kill somewhere between 800 an 1000 people a year. On a pro rata basis that is 13 times the rate Australian police do likewise. I kind of understand the difference. I seem to recall that around 400 cops are killed on the job every year, more often than not by people who do carry.

As for state based well regulated militias, national guards or whatever, I do appreciate the underlying purpose. Very noble, that. Trouble is, they have a history of coming out on the side of federal government, against "we, the people".
I don't think you do appreciate it, as your description is off a bit.

It isn't FOR a well-regulated militia, but for individuals.

As to Australia, I would guess it is like Canada, in that there are lots of guns around...

I'm always suspicious of the stats offered by gun control proponents, not least because they are often surrounded by armed guards while they pontificate...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: