The Truth About Gun Control

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: The Truth About Gun Control

Post by Hermit » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Tero wrote:Ah but we have you now. More guns always means more shooting.
Oh! I never thought of that! I guess that explains why the murder rate in the US has gone up from 10.2 per 100,000 in 1980 to 4.5 last year.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Who said murders? Accidental gun deaths go up linearly with gun owner numbers. See my thread IDIOTS.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Tero wrote:Who said murders? Accidental gun deaths go up linearly with gun owner numbers. See my thread IDIOTS.
Of course you have statistics showing how accidental gun deaths went up in line with the increase of murders over the past 35 years, yes?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Tero wrote:Your guy was well into a biased 25 minutes in the first 7 minutes. No point in watching the rest.
Are you delusional?

Video is full of facts/statistics. You claim it's "biased" in the first 7 minutes.

Could you get any more fucking intellectually dishonest?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Collector1337

Post by Collector1337 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Tero wrote:Ah but we have you now. More guns always means more shooting. We can't keep track of the bullets anymore. Some are going to hit something, perhaps a cow, perhaps a baby.
Tero wrote:With guns and crime there is not always cause and effect. You have to look at who has the guns.
Tero wrote:Hermit, 20% is insignificant. Taking 95% of guns out of circulation would be the first point with measurably fewer deaths.

In the US the average gun nut has 8 guns. Taking out 7 still leves one in each owner's hand. The number of armed persons remains the same!
Video talks about and disproves the nonsense you are spewing.

You don't watch the whole video so you don't know this.

Do you know how stupid you look?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Collector1337 wrote:
Tero wrote:Your guy was well into a biased 25 minutes in the first 7 minutes. No point in watching the rest.
Are you delusional?

Video is full of facts/statistics. You claim it's "biased" in the first 7 minutes.

Sure there are numbers, but he immediately INTERPRETS them in favor of guns. There are never two explanations even mentioned.

Collector1337

Post by Collector1337 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:33 am

Tero wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:
Are you delusional?

Sure there are numbers, but he immediately INTERPRETS them in favor of guns. There are never two explanations even mentioned.
So, where the fuck are your "interpretations" of these facts not in favor of guns then?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 am

In those hundreds of posts of mine you've dismissed.

Collector1337

Post by Collector1337 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:52 am

Tero wrote:In those hundreds of posts of mine you've dismissed.
I've read. You'll have to be more specific.

What you say is typically even more naive than an average anti who can't see the big picture.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:04 am

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:17 pm

more
Guns are rarely used to kill criminals or stop crimes.
In 2010, across the nation there were only 230 justifiable homicides1 involving a private citizen using a firearm reported to the Federal
Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program as detailed in its Supplementary Homicide Report (SHR).2 That
same year, there were 8,275 criminal gun homicides tallied in the SHR. In 2010, for every justifiable homicide in the United States
involving a gun, guns were used in 36 criminal homicides.3 And this ratio, of course, does not take into account the thousands of lives
ended in gun suicides (19,392) or unintentional shootings (606) that year.4
This report analyzes, on both the national and state levels, the use of firearms in justifiable homicides. It also details, using the best
data available on the national level, the total number of times guns are used for self-defense by the victims of both attempted and
completed violent crimes and property crimes—whether or not the use of the gun by the victim resulted in a fatality.
Key findings of this report, as detailed in its accompanying tables, include the following...
http://www.vpc.org/studies/justifiable.pdf

hand guns used in homicides
In 2010, firearms were used in 83.0 percent of justifiable homicides (230 of 277). Of these: 72.2 percent (166) were
handguns; 12.2 percent (28) were shotguns; 3.5 percent (eight) were rifles; and, 12.2 percent (28) were firearm, type not
stated. For the five-year period 2006 through 2010, firearms were used in 81.3 percent of justifiable homicide incidents
(1,031 of 1,268). Of these: 77.7 percent (801) were handguns; 9.1 percent (94) were shotguns; 4.5 percent (46) were
rifles; 8.5 percent (88) were firearm, type not stated; and, 0.2 percent (two) were “other gun.” [For
additional information see Table Ten: Weapon Used in Justifiable Homicides, 2006–2010 and Table Eleven: Type of
Firearms Used in Justifiable Homicides, 2006–2010.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:40 pm

If you read the two reports and watch any part of the OP video you are able to stand, the picture becomes clear. We are actually lucky in that most of the millions of gun owners around never get to use the guns at all. If you use it for hunting yes. So basically it gives the Seths and Collectors of the world a sense of security and keeps a (gun) business going that has no actual use or value. For the economy it is as useful as the movie industry (does not add value, just fills time), only the movies bring in more sales from selling abroad.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Guns: Let's see. Cops are highly trained in the use of their weapons in high-duress situations and they still are getting into trouble left and right for abusing their power. So clearly what we need are a bunch of untrained, questionably intelligent, rednecks carrying guns around too. Yep, that will obviously make everything better.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Idiots, would be rapists, drunks and all sorts of guys with a short fuse get guns.

Ban all hand guns. The Militia Amendment does not require hand guns.

http://verysmartbrothas.com/her-name-wa ... e-said-no/

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:55 pm

Rum wrote:In terms of 'facts' the guy in the video listed the source of guns and that most were obtained illegally. In the UK of course guns are not widely available legally or illegally so the comparison is not valid. The USA is swimming in the things.
And the UK is increasingly swimming in illegally smuggled guns, including machine guns.

Your point is???
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.