Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Only in America

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:10 am

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 am

Youtube making this "offensive" and requires extra steps to view....

There are myriad Hitler parodies of various persons.... Hitler going nuts applied to different celebrities, politicians and sports figures. Never designated offensive and inappropriate.... David Hogg -- designated offensive and inappropriate. Can't have the poster boy for "making the powerful shake" LOL being parodied! No! The cause is too important.

I bet there was a million people at the March for Our Lives.... oh, wait, only 200,000... still let's cover it every day, 24-7 and pretend it is the biggest movement since the 60s. The teens, they're rising up! https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -size-400/ and http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/26/nbc-m ... orrection/

I bet Hogg's right! I bet the 18-21 year old, first time voter, turnout at the midterm elections is going to be way higher than its normal 18%, because sooooo many first time voters have had "Enough." Let's see! Can't wait. I bet the turnout will go up to 19%. Massive.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:31 am

Well if they only allowed selfies in the voting booth, it could go to 30%!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 am

:lol:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:34 am

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 am

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Ahh, the grassroots student movement of high schoolers demanding justice and making those in power shake....totally from the ground up, students just motivated to solve the problems that their parents won't solve -- doing it on their own.... says CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CBC, BBC, etc.... etc. etc...

....or, they're well funded and well coordinated by public relations firm 42West, and financed by a variety of left wing organizations who are opportunistically using some of the kids as public relations tools....
Whatever groups are getting on board didn't start the ball rolling, that was clearly the kids themselves...
Don't bet on it.
What's your evidence for this left-wing conspiracy, disciple of Galaxian?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:52 am

Forty Two wrote:There are myriad Hitler parodies of various persons.... Hitler going nuts applied to different celebrities, politicians and sports figures. Never designated offensive and inappropriate.... David Hogg -- designated offensive and inappropriate. Can't have the poster boy for "making the powerful shake" LOL being parodied! No! The cause is too important.
The fact he's a child presumably escaped your attention? Or do you believe there should be no lower age limit on bullying and harassing victims of crime?
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:16 am

He's at least 17. Possibly 18. Age info is vague.

If you want to jump into the spotlight, and point fingers calling gun owners "pro-murder" you might be old enough to get some push-back.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:18 am

I think if you insert yourself into a political debate via activism, you are fair game. I'm torn on this issue, possibly because that's a really good parody.. :mrgreen:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Democrats are gonna take your guns in 2019 Congress!
Donations to the NRA tripled after the Parkland shooting

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Forty Two wrote:He's at least 17. Possibly 18. Age info is vague.

If you want to jump into the spotlight, and point fingers calling gun owners "pro-murder" you might be old enough to get some push-back.
If you think lethal force is defensible in cases of trespass or auto theft you probably should stop using the oxygen nice people might need .
Faced with an angry bear a desert eagle might save your life Faced with someone stealing your car it's murder .
Not sure Merkins actually understand that.
Actually I think the gun lobby are so fucking dumb they would try to replace the fire service with a militia so they could shoot the shit out of the fires .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 pm

Feck wrote:

If you think lethal force is defensible in cases of trespass or auto theft you probably should stop using the oxygen nice people might need .
Faced with an angry bear a desert eagle might save your life Faced with someone stealing your car it's murder .
Actually I think the gun lobby are so fucking dumb they would try to replace the fire service with a militia so they could shoot the shit out of the fires .
Hurricane Irma: Some Floridians Want to Shoot Guns At It | Time
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:10 am

Feck wrote:

Err.... wut?

It's not legal in the US to shoot someone who is stealing your car, unless of course they're in the middle of carjacking you, which can sometimes result in the death of the victim. I.e., if you walk out of the store and see someone about to drive off in your Toyota, you can't shoot them. But, if you're in the Toyota, and someone starts trying to get into your car and they're armed, then you probably can.

It's o.k. to shoot someone burgling into your house at night.

What's not to understand? I've got little kids and a wife here. If someone comes into the house at night surreptitiously, I shouldn't have to give them an interview to find out if they mean well.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am

Wouldn't you be able to shoot at someone who is stealing your car off your driveway in states like Texas?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:29 am

pErvinalia wrote:Wouldn't you be able to shoot at someone who is stealing your car off your driveway in states like Texas?
In a limited set of circumstances, yes, but Texas is rather atypical in this regard. Using your example, if the theif is engaged in this theft at nighttime, and you own the property, and you would be justified in using any non-deadly force at the time, and you reasonably believe the deadly force is necessary to prevent the nighttime theft, or to stop a person who is immediately fleeing the scene, and the property cannot be protected by any other reasonable means, or the use of force other than deadly force would expose you to a risk of death or serious bodily injury.

They have a statute on the topic.

Not a big fan of it, but if a criminal is out there burgling at night, then I think it might not be a bad thing to put him at risk. What possible innocent motive can someone have for going onto someone else's property at night and either burgling their house, or stealing cars?