Thanks again, Sam!

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Thanks again, Sam!

Post by Seth » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Ah, the Great Equalizer strikes again...
Crime
She’s Elderly, She’s Armed and She’s Not Afraid to Shoot: Life or Death for Violent Intruder Was a Matter of Inches – This Mugshot Proves It
Oct. 9, 2013 4:00pm Jason Howerton

A home intruder armed with a baseball bat escaped death by a matter of inches Monday when an armed elderly woman opened fire after he broke into her Pendleton, S.C., home and attacked her and another woman, police said.

It was around 3 p.m. when the intruder busted into the house and attacked both women, according to police. The homeowner, identified as Frances Ward, 72, was able to draw her revolver and shoot the man, grazing his head. If the shot was an inch lower, he likely would be dead. This photo confirms that:
72 Year Old Woman Shoots Intruder, Grazing His Head in Pendleton, S.C.

Richard Keese is facing attempted murder and burglary charges. (Image source: Anderson Co. Sheriff’s Office)

The suspect, identified as 54-year-old Richard Keese, and the homeowner’s friend who was attacked were taken to the hospital and later released, though the suspect was immediately taken to jail.

Ward told KITV-TV that she had hired Keese to fix her car last month. She was shocked when she says he forced his way into her home in the middle of the day. Ward’s friend then reportedly grabbed a baseball bat to defend herself, but the suspect ripped it from her grip and began beating her with it.

It was at that point that Ward drew her firearm and shot the man. She was aiming to kill, but the intruder got lucky.

“If he hadn’t of been standing up, I would have hit him right here with the gun because I was aiming for his forehead to kill him, because he was beating the daylights out of her with that ball bat and I wasn’t going to let that happen,” Ward told KITV-TV.
72 Year Old Woman Shoots Intruder, Grazing His Head in Pendleton, S.C.

The home on Mays Street where deputies say the home invasion and shooting happened. (Oct. 7, 2013/FOX Carolina)

Ward acted in self-defense, deputies confirmed.

Keese is currently in jail and faces charges of attempted murder and burglary, according to the Anderson County Detention Center’s website.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Re: Thanks again, Sam!

Post by mistermack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Yeh, thanks again Sam :
Texas police accidentally kill elderly man
RIP

FORT WORTH — A 72-year-old man was fatally shot as Fort Worth police investigated an alarm call early Tuesday morning in a neighborhood near Woodhaven County Club.

According to Fort Worth police, the alarm call came just before 1 a.m. in the 400 block of North Havenwood Lane. But after arriving at the scene, officers became involved in a confrontation with a man armed with a gun who was across the street from where the alarm was going off.

Feeling threatened, at least one officer fired at the man, who was later identified as Jerry Waller, police said. Waller was dead at the scene, in his own garage.

"It’s just awful," said former City Council member Becky Haskin, who lives nearby. "It’s a sad, sad accident."

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office said the cause of Waller’s death was “multiple gunshot wounds.”

Haskin said she and her husband heard five shots. “They were just rapid-fire, one after the other, and my husband said, ‘That’s a police officer,’” Haskin said.

Haskin said there was no sign of a burglary at the home and that the alarm may have triggered accidentally.

"I was told that the police officers were sobbing uncontrollably," she said.

Two officers involved in the shooting have been placed on routine administrative leave as the major case unit investigates.

Fort Worth police spokeswoman Tracey Knight called it a “horrible tragedy.”

"It was horrible for the homeowner. A family has lost a loved one that can never be replaced," she said. "An officer has gone through an incident that no officer wants to go through."
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm

mistermack wrote:Yeh, thanks again Sam :
Texas police accidentally kill elderly man
RIP

FORT WORTH — A 72-year-old man was fatally shot as Fort Worth police investigated an alarm call early Tuesday morning in a neighborhood near Woodhaven County Club.

According to Fort Worth police, the alarm call came just before 1 a.m. in the 400 block of North Havenwood Lane. But after arriving at the scene, officers became involved in a confrontation with a man armed with a gun who was across the street from where the alarm was going off.

Feeling threatened, at least one officer fired at the man, who was later identified as Jerry Waller, police said. Waller was dead at the scene, in his own garage.

"It’s just awful," said former City Council member Becky Haskin, who lives nearby. "It’s a sad, sad accident."

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office said the cause of Waller’s death was “multiple gunshot wounds.”

Haskin said she and her husband heard five shots. “They were just rapid-fire, one after the other, and my husband said, ‘That’s a police officer,’” Haskin said.

Haskin said there was no sign of a burglary at the home and that the alarm may have triggered accidentally.

"I was told that the police officers were sobbing uncontrollably," she said.

Two officers involved in the shooting have been placed on routine administrative leave as the major case unit investigates.

Fort Worth police spokeswoman Tracey Knight called it a “horrible tragedy.”

"It was horrible for the homeowner. A family has lost a loved one that can never be replaced," she said. "An officer has gone through an incident that no officer wants to go through."
Dammit, why do we let those fucking cops carry guns! Obviously they aren't qualified. Oh, wait, that's the UK fuckwit cops who aren't qualified.

Shit happens. Just because you have a right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean you get to be stupid with them without suffering the consequences...and that applies to both the homeowner AND the cops, who were far too quick on the trigger and far too lax with officer safety procedures, not to mention inadequately trained in shooting, given that it appears they both emptied their weapons rather than ceasing fire when the "threat" was neutralized. Of course that's how most cops do things today. If anyone shoots, everyone shoots, and everybody keeps shooting till they run out of rounds, whether or not they are actually in danger or not. Sloppy, very sloppy and tragic.

Still, Sam did the right thing for grandma didn't he? Can't dispute that.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Georgia man, shooting turtles from a dock, accidentally shoots friend when dock collapses

Victim on Flanders Rd. stated that they were fishing off of a dock and the offender was shooting turtles with a rifle. Victim stated that the dock collapsed and the offender accidentally shot the victim in the leg. Victim was taken to the Emanuel County ER by the offender.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Maine man slips on mud while target shooting and shoots himself

CARTHAGE, Maine — A Franklin County deputy determined that an East Dixfield man accidentally shot himself in the thigh Sunday when he slipped in the mud while target practicing, Sheriff Scott Nichols Sr. said Tuesday.

Thomas Hamlin, 64, was at his camp when the accident happened, he said.

He still had the .40 caliber handgun in his hand when he slipped in the greasy mud, he said.

He was taken to Franklin Memorial Hospital in Farmington to be treated.

Deputy Christopher Rhinhart investigated and determined it was an accident, Nichols said.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 pm

mistermack wrote:
Georgia man, shooting turtles from a dock, accidentally shoots friend when dock collapses

Victim on Flanders Rd. stated that they were fishing off of a dock and the offender was shooting turtles with a rifle. Victim stated that the dock collapsed and the offender accidentally shot the victim in the leg. Victim was taken to the Emanuel County ER by the offender.
"Stupid is as stupid does." Forrest Gump

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:13 am

I think it's absolutely hilarious that stupid people getting into accidents is any kind of valid argument whatsoever.

People get in car accidents. Let's ban cars.

People have accidents with power tools. Let's ban saws because some people are stupid.

Some people become alcoholics. Let's ban booze for everyone.

I mean how far can we lower the bar? Should we treat everyone like a child?

Is that really the kind of world you want to live in? Because I sure don't.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:18 am

Collector1337 wrote:I think it's absolutely hilarious that stupid people getting into accidents is any kind of valid argument whatsoever.

People get in car accidents. Let's ban cars.

People have accidents with power tools. Let's ban saws because some people are stupid.

Some people become alcoholics. Let's ban booze for everyone.

I mean how far can we lower the bar? Should we treat everyone like a child?

Is that really the kind of world you want to live in? Because I sure don't.
Dude, give 'em a break, it's all they've got...let them think they are smart for just a minute or so, they won't whine as much then.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:26 am

Guns attract morons.
The more stupid the person, the more they like guns. It's a mathematical fact.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am

mistermack wrote:Guns attract morons.
So, just how much have you had to drink today?

Perhaps it may be time to put the bottle down?

Alcohol attracts morons.

The more stupid the person, the more they like alcohol. It's a mathematical fact.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:09 am

Collector1337 wrote:

Alcohol attracts morons.

The more stupid the person, the more they like alcohol. It's a mathematical fact.
Unless it's gin, of course...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

samphony

Post by samphony » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:14 am

JimC wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:

Alcohol attracts morons.

Unless it's gin, of course...
Trigonometry and gin - fathematical mact hic. :drunk:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:15 am

Quadratic equations and gin are like bacon and eggs...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 am

For anyone who can't work out the difference, guns are for killing and wounding people, whereas alcohol is for slightly enhancing relaxation.

Of course, the fact that guns attract the stupid, means that the most fervent gun-lovers will never QUITE get that point.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Collector1337 wrote:

Alcohol attracts morons.

He does have a point......

A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.