Guns used for lawful self-defense Pt. 5

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Guns used for lawful self-defense Pt. 5

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:10 pm

More data...
Crime
Group of Thugs Target Seemingly Defenseless Woman — They Had No Idea She Had Been Frequenting the Gun Range
May. 24, 2013 5:30pm Jason Howerton

A group of thugs figured it would be easy to overpower one Kansas City woman. After all, her husband had just left to run an errand, leaving her all alone in the home.

They couldn’t have been more wrong.

The woman, later identified as Shirley Roberts, 52, immediately retrieved her gun after she heard someone jiggle the knob of the front door. She also witnessed two additional men heading to the back door.

Looking through the blinds, Roberts saw the men putting on gloves and preparing to force their way into her home. So she trained her firearm on the men and opened fire.
Kansas City Woman Shoots Would Be Home Intruders After Frequenting Gun Range

shutterstock.com

The criminals, scared silly, reportedly took off running. However, they also fired shots toward the house they attempted to break into.

Robert’s husband, Oscar Roberts, later said he and his wife have been going to the gun range to prepare for just that type of situation. “You’ve got to protect yourself,” he told KMBC-TV.

“I told her she’d done the right thing. We practiced that. She’s shook up, though. That’s the only thing about it, she’s very shook up,” Oscar added.

The practice at the shooting range seemingly paid off as police later arrested three men who went to the Research Medical Center, one of which was treated for a gunshot wound to the chest.

Police said the shooting seems to be justifiable self-defense.

“If you’re in fear for your life, most definitely we want you to protect yourself. We don’t want any harm to come to anyone,” Sgt. Marisa Barnes of the Kansas City Police Department told KMBC-TV.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Kristie
Elastigirl
About me: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere!

Re: Guns used for lawful self-defense Pt. 5

Post by Kristie » Wed May 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Not data! :lay:
"datum
da·tum
/ˈdātəm/
Noun
A piece of information.
An assumption or premise from which inferences may be drawn.
Synonyms
fact - data"

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Kristie wrote:Not data! :lay:
"datum
da·tum
/ˈdātəm/
Noun
A piece of information.
An assumption or premise from which inferences may be drawn.
Synonyms
fact - data"
No, it's "a datum" but it's "more data" (plural). It wouldn't be "more datum."
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: Guns used for lawful self defense Pt. 4

Unread postby Făkünamę » Wed May 29, 2013 7:01 am

Seth wrote:

Blind groper wrote:

Seth wrote:
Or combat knives. I like Spartan Blades rather a lot...or the old Gerber Mark I combat dagger, which I've had (and carried often) since it was developed.

A telling comment.

The old emotional giveaway. If Seth does have his hand on one murder weapon, he wants another. He probably discusses the efficacy of blood gutters with other people fixated on methods of killing people.

In my line of work, knives are also a defensive weapon, just like guns.

While at the post office collecting your retirement check?
What retirement check? I don't even qualify for Social Security. I set my life up since I was 20 and figured out SS was a giant Ponzi scheme so that I never paid into SS, and so I'll not get any...nor was I enslaved to paying for someone else. My "retirement" is the income from my lifetime of work on the ranch and the proceeds of its sale. I've never taken a dime of government money before, but I'm going to start, because the government stole huge amounts from me, so everybody owes me a living from now on.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Guns used for lawful self defense Pt. 4

Postby MrJonno » Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 am

In my line of work, knives are also a defensive weapon, just like guns.

Does terrorist count as a line of work? , hope you are declaring your income on it or that would be tax evasion as well
Dunno, since I'm not a terrorist. And what income? I have no income, nor will I ever have any income the government can tax. I'm reconfiguring my life to be a taker not a producer. I paid every dime of tax I've ever owed...and I probably shouldn't have. I probably should have taken a friend's advice and taken my sale cash and fled to Costa Rica or somewhere and stiffed the feds. But I didn't. So now, having paid much more in tax in one year than most people pay in a lifetime, I'm going to get some of it back by being an unemployed senior citizen who needs government assistance.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 pm

I especially like spendin' gubament checks on guns and ammo.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Kristie
Elastigirl

Post by Kristie » Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Can a mod move this shit to where it belongs? Please and thank you!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Kristie wrote:Can a mod move this shit to where it belongs? Please and thank you!
Yes, please move Kristie's shit where it belongs: the dustbin.

Fuck off, Kristie. If you don't want to read the thread, then exercise some index finger control and scroll past it.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Collector1337 wrote:I especially like spendin' gubament checks on guns and ammo.
God knows the gubament is spending OUR checks on guns and ammo, so turnabout is fair play.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Bin this lunacy, please.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Bin this lunacy, please.
Yes, please bin Gawdzilla's lunacy. Intolerant asses should not be allowed to post.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed May 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Get ye to the Gun Club!

Kristie
Elastigirl

Post by Kristie » Wed May 29, 2013 5:48 pm

Seth wrote:
Kristie wrote:Can a mod move this shit to where it belongs? Please and thank you!

Fuck off, Kristie. If you don't want to read the thread, then exercise some index finger control and scroll past it.
Fuck you. You know this gun bullshit belongs in its own playpen.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Kristie wrote:
Seth wrote:

No I don't. It belongs in News, Current Events and Politics because that's exactly what it's about.

Why should the visibility of such subjects be restricted just because you're too lazy or intellectually stunted to scroll past what you consider to be an unpleasant topic?

That's fucking censorship and you know it. Hypocrite.

Kristie
Elastigirl

Post by Kristie » Wed May 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Seth wrote:
Kristie wrote:
Seth wrote:

No I don't. It belongs in News, Current Events and Politics because that's exactly what it's about.

Why should the visibility of such subjects be restricted just because you're too lazy or intellectually stunted to scroll past what you consider to be an unpleasant topic?

That's fucking censorship and you know it. Hypocrite.
I'm not against censorship in certain cases. I'm not a hypocrite. This was discussed, and you lost. Get over it.