Obama is thoroughly pissed off over the senate decision

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
macdoc
Twitcher

Obama is thoroughly pissed off over the senate decision

Post by macdoc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 pm

and rightly so.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/8566011/Li ... n-violence

A bit of law crafted bipartisan and supported by 90% of the US populace and passed by a majority of the senate gets shot down by a few obstructionists in senate.

America is fucked up.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Ian
Mr Incredible

Re: Obama is thoroughly pissed off over the senate decision

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Concur. But it is lose-lose for the GOP. They don't want a bill to pass, but with so much public support for it the Democrats will slap them around with it from now through the midterms at a minimum.

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Yahoo!
Poor petulant, lying baby.
The Senators and the Representative belong to us--the citizens. They work for us not the President. Obama's only role is to sign or veto bills. He's not entitled to any outcomes just because he wants them.

He needs to spend some more of our tax dollars on a party to feel better.

Someone needs to tell Biden to pull in that lower lip before it gets stepped on.
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah, you're right. Background checks are a terrible idea. Brilliant.

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Also, it's time to move this thread to the jerkoff club. I mean the Gun Club.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Ian wrote:Also, it's time to move this thread to the jerkoff club. I mean the Gun Club.
Done.

And I note that the proposal was defeated not on a simple majority, but because it didn't get a 60-40 majority.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Ian wrote:Yeah, you're right. Background checks are a terrible idea. Brilliant.
Felons and Madmen have the same rights and protections guaranteed by the 2nd A as James Q Average.

Also, that's petty, but I personally feel that anything that is a personal defeat for Sen Feinstein can't be completely bad.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 pm

WOOHOO!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :tut: :tut: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :biggrin: :ab: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :td: :dance: :cheer:

Score one for rights and Liberty!

The title of this thread should be, "Obama pissed off says, 'This isn't over.'"

Which ironically, is exactly what he would be saying even if he got what he wanted. Since, as some liberals have foolishly admitted, the left's endgame is complete confiscation.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:08 am

Collector1337 wrote:WOOHOO!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :tut: :tut: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :biggrin: :ab: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :td: :dance: :cheer:

Which ironically, is exactly what he would be saying even if he got what he wanted. Since, as some liberals have foolishly admitted, the left's endgame is complete confiscation.

Well, congrats. Savor it while it lasts, because all shit like this will accomplish is to turn people like me who aren't anti-gun, against you. I mean, what the hell is wrong with background checks?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Collector1337

Post by Collector1337 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 am

macdoc wrote:and rightly so

A bit of law crafted bipartisan and supported by 90% of the US populace and passed by a majority of the senate gets shot down by a few obstructionists in senate.

America is fucked up.
No. Not fucked up. I live in a great country.

We have a Republic here, a Constitution, a Bill of Rights, to protect us from the tyranny of the majority, who wish to take our rights and Liberty away by passing some feel-good, bullshit laws because they are scared. Fuck those foolish idiots.

The Good prevailed today.

If you actually believe that 90% figure... that makes me laugh.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Collector1337

Post by Collector1337 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 am

Seabass wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:WOOHOO!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :tut: :tut: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :biggrin: :ab: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :td: :dance: :cheer:

Well, congrats. Savor it while it lasts, because all shit like this will accomplish is to turn people like me who aren't anti-gun, against you. I mean, what the hell is wrong with background checks?
If you really believe that it's as simple as "background checks," which we already have, then I don't know what to tell you.

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 am

Seabass wrote:

Other than the ones we already have. I've submitted and passed every one I've ever had for every gun I've ever bought. How is making ridiculous requirements that a person can't loan or gift a rifle to their own child or sibling or parent or best friend without doing a background check on them going to reduce gun violence?
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 am

Ian wrote:Yeah, you're right. Background checks are a terrible idea. Brilliant.
How is it you are unaware that we have had them in place for decades?

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 am

macdoc wrote:and rightly so.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/8566011/Li ... n-violence

America is fucked up.
Are you afraid it's going to bleed over the border or something?

Why do you persist in using bogus and false--AKA lying--stats? It was never true that 90% of the populace wanted or supported the Bills that went down today.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 am

Gallstones wrote:
Seabass wrote:

Other than the ones we already have. I've submitted and passed every one I've ever had for every gun I've ever bought. How is making ridiculous requirements that a person can't loan or gift a rifle to their own child or sibling or parent or best friend without doing a background check on them going to reduce gun violence?
What I don't we just have a background check as part of getting a FOID card and leave it at that? :dunno:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange