Penis Size vs Gun Ownership

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Penis Size vs Gun Ownership

Post by laklak » Sat May 18, 2013 11:03 pm

There's something to be said for a really, really, really big clit.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun May 19, 2013 1:44 am

aspire1670 wrote:
Seth wrote:
Făkünamę wrote:...to a formulaic fallacy ..
...which you are unable to identify, describe or defend...
Seth's favourite logical fallacy - Argument from final Consequences

You have argued, for example, that limiting and/or controlling the ownership of firearms must be wrong because it will lead to government tyranny. Wheras if you gave up your guns you would definitely avoid the consequence of shooting more holes in your foot.
Sadly for your claim, I've not a single hole in any foot, so there's no need to give up my guns, and it's prudent to retain them as a bar against tyranny.

But thanks for playing.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 am

Seth wrote: Sadly for your claim, I've not a single hole in any foot, so there's no need to give up my guns, and it's prudent to retain them as a bar against tyranny.
...so you'd take up arms against your own government, if they brought it tyrannical laws?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

aspire1670

Post by aspire1670 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:28 am

Seth wrote:
aspire1670 wrote:
Seth wrote:

You have argued, for example, that limiting and/or controlling the ownership of firearms must be wrong because it will lead to government tyranny. Wheras if you gave up your guns you would definitely avoid the consequence of shooting more holes in your foot.
Sadly for your claim, I've not a single hole in any foot, so there's no need to give up my guns, and it's prudent to retain them as a bar against tyranny.

But thanks for playing.
No, thank you for playing your favourite logical fallacy - again. Does your health insurance cover you for self inflicted injuries or do you patch up your own feet?
All rights have to be voted on. That's how they become rights.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun May 19, 2013 8:54 am

rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote: Sadly for your claim, I've not a single hole in any foot, so there's no need to give up my guns, and it's prudent to retain them as a bar against tyranny.
...so you'd take up arms against your own government, if they brought it tyrannical laws?
To be fair, if a government in any country became truly tyrannical, in the sense of a fully fascist or stalinist government, with totalitarian rule and violent oppression, taking up arms could be a valid option.

The real point is that Obamacare, tightening rules on gun ownership or similar mild moves to the left, are laughably far away from any situation that would require such actions.

Except to those with permanent frothing at the mouth, of course...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm

rainbow wrote:
It wouldn't be my government. In fact it would be no government at all and would have no legal or moral right to enact or enforce tyrannical laws. As the Supreme Court has said, an unconstitutional law is "no law at all" and need not be observed or obeyed.

Therefore, taking up arms in such a situation would be taking up arms IN SUPPORT OF the lawful government and in DEFENSE of the Constitution, which is entirely lawful, reasonable and appropriate.

You falsely assume that a tyrant is exercising legitimate power.

Our government is by, for and of the People, and we are governed ONLY by our consent, which we may withdraw at will.

You seem unable to distinguish between any particular administration and "the government." They are not the same thing at all. "The government" only exists by the express permission of the People, and may only justly govern within the framework of the Constitution and its laws. Any action by any employee of a particular administration, such as the illegal, unconstitutional and criminal actions of agents of the IRS in targeting conservative groups during the election cycle, is not a lawful action or authority wielded by those agents. Therefore they are not "government" actions at all, and may be justifiably resisted, just as the Founders resisted the tyrannical actions of King George and his practice of imposing taxes for punitive reasons. That justified armed rebellion, and what the IRS did in the last two years might well do the same if heads do not quite literally roll and the corruption is not exposed and rooted out from the bottom to the very topmost administrative position in our government: the President. The buck stops with him, and he needs to be impeached. And if he refuses to cede his power after being duly impeached and removed from office, THAT is a tyrannical despotic act that would fully justify armed action to remove him by force and restore order and the Constitution to its rightful place.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 pm

JimC wrote:
rainbow wrote:
To be fair, if a government in any country became truly tyrannical, in the sense of a fully fascist or stalinist government, with totalitarian rule and violent oppression, taking up arms could be a valid option.
Not if you don't already have the arms it's not. And that's precisely the point.
The real point is that Obamacare, tightening rules on gun ownership or similar mild moves to the left, are laughably far away from any situation that would require such actions.
It's a death of a thousand cuts. Every single minor infringement on a right that "shall not be infringed" is another straw on the camel's back. When you consider not just a particular infringement, whatever the supposed justification, in concert with ALL THE OTHER infringements, it's perfectly clear that there is a nefarious, evil and long-standing agenda at work by Marxists, Progressives and other liberals to disarm the populace entirely. Dianne Feinstein admitted as much when she admitted that if she'd had the requisite votes in the Senate to ban "assault weapons" she would have done so and forced us all to "turn them all in."

One "mild move" piled on another, and another, and another, and another multiplied by the thousands of "mild moves" we gun owners have faced in the last 100 years under Progressivism and Marxist machinations adds up to quite a burden, and paves the way for the announced and obvious goal of the left to ban the private ownership of arms that it's been pursuing for a century or more.

No more. Not one more inch. Not one more regulation. We stand and fight now.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun May 19, 2013 6:11 pm

aspire1670 wrote:
Seth wrote:
aspire1670 wrote:
Seth wrote:

But thanks for playing.
No, thank you for playing your favourite logical fallacy - again. Does your health insurance cover you for self inflicted injuries or do you patch up your own feet?
I don't have health insurance. I haven't had it for going on 20 years now. I put my own money away in a savings account and I pay for my own medical care in cash, and I always will.

Unlike you, and most liberals, I don't expect anyone else to pay for my maintenance or health care. If that means I die because I can't afford treatment, so be it. I'd rather be dead than be a thief.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 am

JimC wrote:
rainbow wrote:

I'd like Seth to draw the line in the sand.

Is a government which allows the torture of political prisoners for instance, a tyrannical regime?
What about one that intercepts private communications?
BArF−4

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon May 20, 2013 4:56 pm

rainbow wrote:
JimC wrote:
rainbow wrote:

I'd like Seth to draw the line in the sand.

Is a government which allows the torture of political prisoners for instance, a tyrannical regime?
What about one that intercepts private communications?
Depends. Force is reserved for the times when government does not respond to the democratic processes we use. If torturing "political" prisoners is going on and the legislative and judicial systems fail to function to protect the innocent and the executive is wielding its authority unlawfully, then it may be time for force.

On the other hand, if the CIA is waterboarding Islamic terrorists at Gitmo, I'm good with that. In fact, I'd gladly go assist them.

As for private communications, it depends on exactly what you mean by "private communications", and it's highly circumstantial. After all, the Constitution protects us against UNREASONABLE search and seizure...not ALL search and seizure. The standards are pretty clear in the law and whenever there is evidence that a government agent overstepped, the various safeguards and mechanisms for reining them in go to work.

It's when all those safeguards STOP working that force may be appropriate.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 am

Seth wrote:
Depends. Force is reserved for the times when government does not respond to the democratic processes we use.
OK. So your democratically elected President promised to close down Guantanamo, and has failed to do so, thereby not responding to 'the democratic processes we use'.

The logic follows that you should take up arms.
When does the revolution start?
:ask:
BArF−4

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:36 am

rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
Depends. Force is reserved for the times when government does not respond to the democratic processes we use.
OK. So your democratically elected President promised to close down Guantanamo, and has failed to do so, thereby not responding to 'the democratic processes we use'.

Hopefully soon.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 am

Collector1337 wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:

Hopefully soon.
A right wing terrorist, I see.

May you meet your Waco.

Soon.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue May 21, 2013 6:04 pm

rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
Wrong. He was duly reelected by the incredibly stupid dependent class, which had the opportunity to turn him out for not fulfilling his campaign promises. Which, by the way, are not binding on any President.

If Congress wants Gitmo closed, Congress can close Gitmo tomorrow. Evidently it doesn't. Neither do I.
There's no logic at all in your analysis.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 am

JimC wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:

Hopefully soon.
A right wing terrorist, I see.

May you meet your Waco.

Soon.
:funny:

"right-wing?" I voted for Obama.

"Terrorist?" How so?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."