Obama is thoroughly pissed off over the senate decision

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Re: Obama is thoroughly pissed off over the senate decision

Post by Collector1337 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Rum wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Yes, I'm sure slavery and segregation had nothing to do with it.
Before slavery how did they behave back in their native Africa? Cannibalism and human sacrifice was the norm. Segregation and slavery 150 years ago are not to blame. Really, how could segregation which separated Blacks from Whites make Blacks want to murder Blacks?

Natural selection and behavioral genetics is the real reason. People still believe in evolution, right?
Oi - idiot boy - the reason is poverty.
Oi - idiot boy - oversimplify much?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Collector1337 wrote:
Rum wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Yes, I'm sure slavery and segregation had nothing to do with it.
Before slavery how did they behave back in their native Africa? Cannibalism and human sacrifice was the norm. Segregation and slavery 150 years ago are not to blame. Really, how could segregation which separated Blacks from Whites make Blacks want to murder Blacks?

Natural selection and behavioral genetics is the real reason. People still believe in evolution, right?
Oi - idiot boy - the reason is poverty.
Oi - idiot boy - oversimplify much?
Yeah I know, but you have to for Tyranisick.

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:52 am

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne ... f887a.html
Tim Delph, a gun dealer with a federal firearms license,...
“When a gun is sold on the Internet, a (licensed) dealer has to send the gun to another (licensed) dealer so there’s already a system in place,” Delph said.

“Montanans have told me loud and clear that they oppose any new gun controls. And I very much respect that - I agree,” Baucus said.
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Gallstones

Re: Obama's speech/outrage at congress failure to pass gun l

Post by Gallstones » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Few in U.S. See Guns, Immigration as Nation's Top Problems
PRINCETON, NJ -- Few Americans mention guns or immigration as the most important problems facing the nation today, despite the current attention lawmakers in Washington are giving to these issues. The economy still dominates as the top concern, followed by jobs and dissatisfaction with the general way in which Congress and the government work.
Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Issue
According to a Gallup Poll, most Americans simply don’t think gun control is a pressing issue.

The White House likes to keep bringing up a questionable stat that says 90% of the country supports stricter background checks. Even if that number were true, apparently very few Americans actually think the issue is important.

In the poll, respondents were asked what they thought the most important issues in the country were. Only 4% listed gun control as important.
New USA Today Poll Shows Support for New Gun Bill Now at 49% – NOT 90%
...a new USA Today poll has found that support for the passage of ANY new gun control law is between 45-49%, down significantly since the first of the year.

Someone has been lying. :coffee:
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Don't get sucked into wishful thinking. Asking someone a generic question about supporting "any new gun law" is different than asking what they think about (gasp!) background checks.

If Obama felt that most of the public was really against the bill, do you suppose he would've gone straight out to the cameras and the press pool to denounce its defeat? I kinda doubt it.

Incidentally, what the hell is your problem with background checks? Or is it the fear of a slippery slope?

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:54 am

Another informal self selected poll from today's Bozeman Daily Chronicle

Still looking for that elusive 90%. It's just not showing in the numbers. :think:

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:37 am

Ian wrote:Don't get sucked into wishful thinking. Asking someone a generic question about supporting "any new gun law" is different than asking what they think about (gasp!) background checks.

If Obama felt that most of the public was really against the bill, do you suppose he would've gone straight out to the cameras and the press pool to denounce its defeat? I kinda doubt it.

Incidentally, what the hell is your problem with background checks? Or is it the fear of a slippery slope?
:bored: There already ARE background checks.
I must have to post this on every page in every thread.

4473 Dealer Transaction Record [Dealer = FFL holder] is a written record/document that must be kept on file by the dealer for 20 years. This required by the Gun Control Act 1968

NICS [FBI] point of purchase background check required by the Brady Act 1993

Some states apply some additional--ADDITIONAL--checks and restrictions, like waiting periods and limits on how many of a type of firearm you can purchase in one transaction or period of time.

The bill that went down wasn't going to install background checks like it was some new idea, it was going to increase restrictions and invasion of privacy.
Here's a survey question for you, "Are you in favor of allowing the government to decide how you dispose of private property and who you can lend or gift your private property to?" What would the 90% vote be for that?

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Gallstones wrote:Few in U.S. See Guns, Immigration as Nation's Top Problems
PRINCETON, NJ -- Few Americans mention guns or immigration as the most important problems facing the nation today, despite the current attention lawmakers in Washington are giving to these issues. The economy still dominates as the top concern, followed by jobs and dissatisfaction with the general way in which Congress and the government work.
Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Issue
According to a Gallup Poll, most Americans simply don’t think gun control is a pressing issue.

The White House likes to keep bringing up a questionable stat that says 90% of the country supports stricter background checks. Even if that number were true, apparently very few Americans actually think the issue is important.

In the poll, respondents were asked what they thought the most important issues in the country were. Only 4% listed gun control as important.
New USA Today Poll Shows Support for New Gun Bill Now at 49% – NOT 90%
...a new USA Today poll has found that support for the passage of ANY new gun control law is between 45-49%, down significantly since the first of the year.

Someone has been lying. :coffee:
Put it in the other thread, FFS. :nono:

They are the same topic and should be merged.

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:50 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Bullfucking shit. Read the bloody OP. This thread is about Oby's oratory skills and hypocrisy. Put it in the other thread.
You get ornery when you've been drinking.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 am

Gallstones wrote:Another informal self selected poll from today's Bozeman Daily Chronicle

Still looking for that elusive 90%. It's just not showing in the numbers. :think:

They don't care what people actually want, they'll just claim 90% if they have to, so they can push their agenda. Limit your personal freedom, and probably most of all, free thinking that goes against the "collective." God forbid you have the capacity to defend yourself, or especially your liberty against the government. Just go to work, buy shit you don't need, and be a good little sheep.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 am

I moved some derail posts from another thread here, where they are on-topic.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:12 am

and be a good little sheep.
fuck off.....tiresome crap from little boys crying wolf and afraid of the dark....... - go find a deserted island for your "freedom"....at least the rest of the planet would be "free" of you

.....otherwise deal with society and the civilization like an adult who lives in one.

1/4 million dead and injured per annum from firearms and mostly handguns
....nice country you got there.....not :nono:

:coffee:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 am

macdoc wrote:
and be a good little sheep.
fuck off.....tiresome crap from little boys crying wolf and afraid of the dark....... - go find a deserted island for your "freedom"....at least the rest of the planet would be "free" of you

.....otherwise deal with society and the civilization like an adult who lives in one.

1/4 million dead and injured per annum from firearms and mostly handguns
....nice country you got there.....not :nono:

:coffee:
Fuck pff yourself. We don't welcome buttinski coaching from sanctimonious canuks.
Your gun registration was repealed last year, why don't you run along and try to reinstate your "civilization".
You must pull your stats from the same ass Obama does.

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 am

THE PRESIDENT IS A SORE LOSER
Massad Ayoob
When I heard the news that the Senate had failed to pass a Universal Background Check, I was at a police seminar on the topic of active shooters.

When a retired police chief on the panel announced that he’d just received a text that the UBC had failed to make it through the Senate, the police audience erupted into applause. So much for the idea that cops all want to restrict your gun ownership. The real cops know where the problems are, and that they ain’t coming from people like you.

Alas, the White House is out of tune with that reality.

A very angry Chief Executive declares that Senators who see reality and prevent what’s best described as “the tyranny of the (uninformed) majority” have somehow subverted the process. He then manages, with practically the same lungful of air, to spout bogus statistics and simultaneously accuse those who told the truth of willful deception.

My favorite part was watching Vice President Biden’s face, in the Senate chamber during the vote and at the President’s side during the above-mentioned press conference shortly thereafter. The man does one hell of a good Grumpy Cat impersonation.

Or an even better Walter.

Warren Dew

Post by Warren Dew » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:45 am

Rum wrote:
Gallstones wrote:
Rum wrote:Three dead in Boston - a terrorist outrage. Stop everyone who looks remotely suspicious, has a dark skin or looks vaguely middle eastern. Bring the country to a standstill.

8000 gun deaths a year (minimum)..well actually a price worth paying for our freedom..er too be ..er..terrified. Carry on..
Most gun murders are black and brown males between the ages of 17 and 26 killing each other, gang members and criminals killing each other.
None of them aquired or own those guns legally.
Where does most of this killing occur--in cities with the most restrictive gun law: Chicago, Detroit.

260 School Children Killed in Chicago in 3 Years
In Newtown’s shadow, Chicago’s bleak gun toll goes on
Connecticut doesn't have shit on Chicago when it comes to school children killing and maiming

Probably mostly brown children being murdered in highly gun restricted Chicago, is that why they get no press?
Is that why the popular media doesn't extort compassion for them by shaming?
Blacks killing blacks - OK then I guess. Kind of goes with the gun toting mentality...
Actually the pro-gun mentality advocates allowing the law abiding blacks to own guns, so they have some defense against the criminals who are doing the gun crimes.

Unfortunately, many advocate strict gun control as you do, thus helping to perpetuate the high murder rates in our inner cities.