What is this an example of to you?

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
piscator

Re: What is this an example of to you?

Post by piscator » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 pm

laklak wrote:I'd imagine I and my well armed kinfolk might discuss the matter with you. Friendly like, of course, Southerners are nothing if not polite and hospitable.

Yeah, we are. :biggrin:

Y'all just drop on by. I don't know about leavin', but y'all're welcome to drop on by! Warren's ol'lady will fix the cornbread 'n ice tea on Warren's stove. Warren will help fix the pork chops, sweet potatoes, blackeyed peas, green beans, turnip greens, corn on the cob, summer squash, and butter beans. There'll be some peppers and some pepper jelly, some homemade mayonnaise, and some of Warren's biggest and best homegrown tomatoes and green onions, sliced. Save some room for Key lime pie and peach cobbler with homemade ice cream for dessert!
We'll eat like slaveowners, and when Warren's fridge runs a little low, we'll send him to the fkn store to get more. :biggrin:

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 am

piscator wrote:
Seth wrote:
piscator wrote:As Seth has alluded, if Mr Bundy doesn't like the way things are going and can't make a go of ranching without a fat Federal subsidy, he can damn well move somewhere else. Just like a 3rd generation Chrysler employee put out of work by NAFTA. Adapt or perish.

Hell, maybe he can move his cows down to Cuba, where all the ranching is subsidized! :{D
It's not really subsidized because the state owns the cattle. It's more make-work for unemployed Cubans, of whom there are many.

Or, Bundy can continue to fight and others can help him and force the government to stop violating its own regulations and the law, and stop them from sending paramilitary forces to deal with civil matters.

If he had the law and the right on his side, it'd be one thing. But he's just a hard headed SOB who thinks the law don't apply to him. He can move his fkn cows to his own land if he don't like it. :prof:
Or not...

I don't think he will ultimately succeed because he's a bit too radical, but if the BLM initiates violence I suspect that violence will be reciprocated and that's a very dangerous precedent to set over a bunch of cows. I doubt Obama wants that laid at his doorstep right before the mid-term elections. I think we can look for a "cooling-off" period that will last at least past the elections. Then I kind of expect a nighttime military raid with overwhelming force that quells any rebellion and places him under arrest long enough to get the cows rounded up, combined with a military blockade of the area to prevent more militia members from reaching the ranch.

Or, they might do what they should have done at Waco, which is simply encircle the ranch with razor wire, declare it to be a "federal detention facility" and sit back and wait him out while embargoing any entry, exit or resupply. Waco wouldn't have happened if Janet Reno had not desired to swing her dick around. There was no reason at all for the feds to assault the compound. They could have brought in combat engineers in armored vehicles to build a concrete wall around the compound and just waited them out.

That's what they should do here. No need for anyone to get killed or injured.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:31 am

piscator wrote:
laklak wrote:I'd imagine I and my well armed kinfolk might discuss the matter with you. Friendly like, of course, Southerners are nothing if not polite and hospitable.

Y'all just drop on by. I don't know about leavin', but y'all're welcome to drop on by! Warren's ol'lady will fix the cornbread 'n ice tea on Warren's stove. Warren will help fix the pork chops, sweet potatoes, blackeyed peas, green beans, turnip greens, corn on the cob, summer squash, and butter beans. There'll be some peppers and some pepper jelly, some homemade mayonnaise, and some of Warren's biggest and best homegrown tomatoes and green onions, sliced. Save some room for Key lime pie and peach cobbler with homemade ice cream for dessert!
We'll eat like slaveowners, and when Warren's fridge runs a little low, we'll send him to the fkn store to get more. :biggrin:
Damn. :drool: That's what I'm ordering for my last meal.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

piscator

Post by piscator » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:15 am

Seth wrote:
piscator wrote:
Seth wrote:
piscator wrote:As Seth has alluded, if Mr Bundy doesn't like the way things are going and can't make a go of ranching without a fat Federal subsidy, he can damn well move somewhere else. Just like a 3rd generation Chrysler employee put out of work by NAFTA. Adapt or perish.

Hell, maybe he can move his cows down to Cuba, where all the ranching is subsidized! :{D
It's not really subsidized because the state owns the cattle. It's more make-work for unemployed Cubans, of whom there are many.

Or, Bundy can continue to fight and others can help him and force the government to stop violating its own regulations and the law, and stop them from sending paramilitary forces to deal with civil matters.

If he had the law and the right on his side, it'd be one thing. But he's just a hard headed SOB who thinks the law don't apply to him. He can move his fkn cows to his own land if he don't like it. :prof:
Or not...

I don't think he will ultimately succeed because he's a bit too radical, but if the BLM initiates violence I suspect that violence will be reciprocated and that's a very dangerous precedent to set over a bunch of cows. I doubt Obama wants that laid at his doorstep right before the mid-term elections. I think we can look for a "cooling-off" period that will last at least past the elections. Then I kind of expect a nighttime military raid with overwhelming force that quells any rebellion and places him under arrest long enough to get the cows rounded up, combined with a military blockade of the area to prevent more militia members from reaching the ranch.

Or, they might do what they should have done at Waco, which is simply encircle the ranch with razor wire, declare it to be a "federal detention facility" and sit back and wait him out while embargoing any entry, exit or resupply. Waco wouldn't have happened if Janet Reno had not desired to swing her dick around. There was no reason at all for the feds to assault the compound. They could have brought in combat engineers in armored vehicles to build a concrete wall around the compound and just waited them out.

That's what they should do here. No need for anyone to get killed or injured.

That's exactly what should have happened at Waco, and Ruby Ridge for that matter. Probably too expensive.

If Cliven Bundy had the law behind him, or if he were fighting bad laws, it would be a different story in my book. But he's doing neither. He'll pay, or not. No guarantees in the future.

piscator

Post by piscator » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:33 am

FBM wrote:
piscator wrote:

Damn. :drool: That's what I'm ordering for my last meal.

They get great veggies and meat in the NE! The best of America's fruit and vegetable crops are on shelves and fruitstands in New York and Boston within 48 hours, usually much less. Meat and fish are just as prime.

So when Warren's garden plays out, we'll still make out pretty good while we're usurping his property rights. :food: :soup: :whistle:

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:28 am

They don't eat butter beans up there, do they?
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

This guy claims to have the "truth", I don't know how much of it is, but despite the occasions of hyperbole (for effect?) he makes some good points and adds information.

But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:08 pm

"This video does not exist.
Sorry about that."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

piscator

Post by piscator » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 pm

FBM wrote:They don't eat butter beans up there, do they?
They will when we're there. :smug:

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Hermit wrote:"This video does not exist.
Sorry about that."
I watched it, it did too exist.
Maybe I can find a different link.

Found it.
The Truth About the Nevada Rancher's Standoff ~Stefan Molyneux
Published on Apr 10, 2014

He does kind of ramble a bit.
I don't think US English is his first English.
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Warren Dew

Post by Warren Dew » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm a Yankee, though. I'll just let Seth and clear them out as they come in. They'll be easy pickings for him.

Seriously, though, my point is not that Bundy shouldn't pay grazing fees: as a part owner of that public land, of course I want him to pay the fees, just as fishermen should pay fees for fishing on the ocean. However, I think that what's needed is use of those courts piscator thinks there are too many of: if I want to evict a tenant, I use the court system, I don't just start shooting his pets or kids.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Warren Dew wrote:
I'm a Yankee, though. I'll just let Seth and clear them out as they come in. They'll be easy pickings for him.

Seriously, though, my point is not that Bundy shouldn't pay grazing fees: as a part owner of that public land, of course I want him to pay the fees, just as fishermen should pay fees for fishing on the ocean. However, I think that what's needed is use of those courts piscator thinks there are too many of: if I want to evict a tenant, I use the court system, I don't just start shooting his pets or kids.
I understand he has already ignored several court orders; given that, application of law enforcement is the next logical step, unless you want courts to be toothless tigers...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 am

piscator wrote:
FBM wrote:They don't eat butter beans up there, do they?
They will when we're there. :smug:
BYOC. Bring your own chit'lins. :FBM:

SnowLeopard

Post by SnowLeopard » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:56 pm

laklak wrote:The BLM seriously miscalculated, but to someone's credit (who knows who) they decided it wouldn't be politic to roll flame throwing tanks like they did in Waco, nor to let snipers start murdering citizens like at Ruby Ridge. I think the fact that armed militias from several states were heading towards Nevada gave them pause. It's hard to spin a pitched battle. I agree with Jack, this ain't over.

But hey, according to the standard liberal mantra an armed populace is of no use against a tyrannical government
So.. Why is the focus being put on the government rather than the capitalist corporations pulling the governments strings? It's not your government thats tyrannical and needs to be held accountable to an armed populace, it's your untouchable corporations.

Is there no situation where Americans will understand their beloved big business are the actual problem pulling your governments strings rather than the puppets in Washington.

You want a revolution then you need to go after corporations, they are the feral tyrannical money hungry despots desperate to keep their power and wealth. Unless you prevent them from using that power and influence to get what they want, no amount of over throws of your gubberment is going to change the situation.
Last edited by SnowLeopard on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the begining there was nothing. Which then exploded.

SnowLeopard

Post by SnowLeopard » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:00 pm

p.s. #teamtortoise
In the begining there was nothing. Which then exploded.