What did this girl have that she needed?

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Blind groper
About me: From New Zealand

Re: What did this girl have that she needed?

Post by Blind groper » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 am

And, Seth, you keep ignoring the simple fact that most western nations (23 out of 24 of the richest) have next to zero hand guns in private hands, and next to zero handgun murders. Which means it can be done.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:12 am

Blind groper wrote:And, Seth, you keep ignoring the simple fact that most western nations (23 out of 24 of the richest) have next to zero hand guns in private hands, and next to zero handgun murders. Which means it can be done.
No, it can't, as the non-zero handgun murder rates in ever single country on earth (including yours, which had 3 in 2011) demonstrate. And even if "handgun murders" could be eliminated by banning law-abiding citizens from owning them, murder will never be eliminated because people use many types of weapons to commit murder, as in your own country, where the majority of murders in 2011 (61) were perpetrated with hands and feet (36). Each one of those 61 persons, and particularly each of the 36 people beaten to death with feet and fists, could have used a handgun to stay alive, if they had been allowed to have one by your government. They weren't, therefore their deaths are properly laid directly at the feet of your government and at YOUR feet for being an advocate of disarming law-abiding citizens.

You see, handguns aren't just for defending against "handgun murders," they are for defending against ALL TYPES of murders, and assaults, and robberies and rabid dogs, and poisonous snakes, and bears and anything else that might pose a physical threat that can be stopped by a handgun bullet or bullets.

That's why your asinine arguments are nothing more or less than disingenuous, mendacious and deliberately false red herring arguments.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Blind groper
About me: From New Zealand

Post by Blind groper » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:46 am

No, Seth

It is your total lack of appreciation for changes in probability that make me think you are lacking in mathematical understanding.

You do not have to stop all murders to be successful at combatting murder. If you can drop the murders from 200 per year to 40 per year, which we managed in NZ, then that is success.

You in the USA still have a disgustingly high murder rate which you could drastically drop by doing what we in NZ did most successfully. Get rid of most hand guns.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Blind groper wrote:No, Seth

It is your total lack of appreciation for changes in probability that make me think you are lacking in mathematical understanding.

You do not have to stop all murders to be successful at combatting murder. If you can drop the murders from 200 per year to 40 per year, which we managed in NZ, then that is success.
It's not for those 40 people who still got murdered, now is it? What happened to their right to defend themselves effectively?
You in the USA still have a disgustingly high murder rate which you could drastically drop by doing what we in NZ did most successfully. Get rid of most hand guns.
Then we'd just beat each other to death with hands, feet, rocks, clubs and other blunt-force implements. That's why you guys do.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

piscator

Post by piscator » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Blind groper wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 pm

piscator wrote:
Blind groper wrote:
I can explain that. You see, it's quite simple. When marijuana gets legalised the cost of it drops a lot. A real lot. All of a sudden the potheads - and there are a great number of them - are swimming in money they saved buying drugs, and wondering what to do with it. Along comes Seth, who coincidentally lives in the same state, and tells them all "more guns less crime". Having just become law abiding citizens, and patriotic to boot, they buy guns, and voila, down goes the murder rate. Once again Seth has been proven right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:08 am

^^^^^^^ :lol:

But more realistically, there will be less drug-related gang crime once the illegal product is no longer being trafficked...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:09 am

Hermit wrote:
piscator wrote:
Blind groper wrote:
I can explain that. You see, it's quite simple. When marijuana gets legalised the cost of it drops a lot. A real lot. All of a sudden the potheads - and there are a great number of them - are swimming in money they saved buying drugs, and wondering what to do with it. Along comes Seth, who coincidentally lives in the same state, and tells them all "more guns less crime". Having just become law abiding citizens, and patriotic to boot, they buy guns, and voila, down goes the murder rate. Once again Seth has been proven right.
This statement is actually false.

Due to the taxes on weed, it's basically the same price as it would be if it was still illegal.

Minus the steep taxes, it would be, but it's not. The government is the drug dealer now. And they are making more money than a drug dealer would if it was still illegal on top of it.

For the consumer, you basically just get the convenience of buying it in the store, but it's for the same price, if not more.

Sorry, but you are misinformed.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 am

JimC wrote:^^^^^^^ :lol:

But more realistically, there will be less drug-related gang crime once the illegal product is no longer being trafficked...
You're an idiot*.

After Piscator posted that pic I've had a bit of a look around the interwobbles. It's the sort of thing I do when a claim is made. It turns out that the statistics are legit. However, the neocons were quick to refute the connection between the legalisation of pot and the sudden drop in the murder rate. The Inquisitr (sic), for instance quotes Chris Wyckoff, director of the Data Analysis Unit at Denver Police assaying
Starting at the beginning of this year we implemented a focus area policing tactic, and each week the lieutenants are looking at where they need officers to focus on, based on the crime patterns or crime issues emerging in their areas, and targeting those areas when they have time to patrol. So we’re finding some great effects from that.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1338610/mariju ... BcSS0Uu.99
In other words, the Denver police had previously not thought to focus on patrolling areas that need patrolling, but now that it has all of a sudden realised it might be a good idea to do just that, the murder rate has dropped by over 50% just like that. Amazing, huh?

All the Denver police needs now is to be equipped with a squadron of helicopters. That'll convince us that pigs will fly, and of course if pigs will fly, anything is possible.

*Idiot = Anyone who says anything that disagrees with Seth's confabulations.

Fake ETA: Oooooh, and I see Collector Sheeet took my theory seriously. Good on you, Collector Sheeet. You're a genius!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:07 am

Guns and Gear
A Glock handgun available in a raffle promotion is shown at Adventures Outdoors in Smyrna, Georgia, Oct. 25, 2012. (REUTERS/Tami Chappell) A Glock handgun available in a raffle promotion is shown at Adventures Outdoors in Smyrna, Georgia, Oct. 25, 2012. (REUTERS/Tami Chappell)
Armed Robber Sticks Up Group Of People, One Of Them Shoots Back
8:53 PM 03/03/2015

Photo of Chuck Ross
Chuck Ross
Reporter

See All Articles
Send Email
Subscribe to RSS
Follow on Twitter
Bio
Chuck Ross

Chuck Ross is a reporter at The Daily Caller.

An armed robber with a stolen gun who shot a man in the neck during a stick up Sunday morning is in serious condition after one of the man’s friends — a licensed concealed carrier — shot back.

The incident occurred in a parking garage outside of a Milford, Conn. restaurant where police say two armed men approached a group of people and demanded their belongings. One of the suspects, 23-year-old Rumone Richard, fired his gun and hit one of the men in the group in the neck, according to CBS Connecticut.

Richard pointed his gun back at the group after shooting.

“In self-defense, another person in the group removed his licensed firearm and returned fire, striking the armed suspect. The second suspect fled the scene on foot,” Milford police spokesman Sgt. Jeffrey Nielsen said.

The bullet hit Richard, and the other robber fled.

The victim who suffered the neck wound was taken to the hospital and later released.

Richard was not so lucky. He is in the hospital listed in serious condition. If he makes it out, he faces a lengthy prison sentence. He’s being held on $500,000 bond on charges of attempted murder, attempted robbery, conspiracy, assault, felony possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen firearm, according to CT News.

The other suspect has not been apprehended.