Boston Marathon hit by explosions - gun derail

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Boston Marathon hit by explosions - gun derail

Post by JimC » Thu May 02, 2013 9:31 pm

"Suck on that, tyrant..."

A caricature of a caricature...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu May 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Blind groper wrote:laklak

Your so-called 'freedom' results in 100,000 people each year receiving a bullet through some part of their anatomy.
And without our freedom, that toll could be 100,000,000.

One American in 50 is shot at some point in his/her lifetime.
Horseshit.

To stop that sort of thing, governments pass wise laws.

Like making it illegal to shoot people without legal justification?

In this case, since the vast bulk of those shootings are with hand guns, the wise law, if the USA ever gets a non corrupt government, would be to remove hand guns from non police possession.
Horseshit again. That would just end up with MORE people shot and victimized by criminals, as is demonstrated by the undeniable fact that the violent crime rate in every jurisdiction where concealed carry has been made lawful has gone DOWN, significantly, not up.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Blind groper
About me: From New Zealand

Post by Blind groper » Fri May 03, 2013 2:34 am

Seth wrote: Horseshit again. That would just end up with MORE people shot and victimized by criminals, as is demonstrated by the undeniable fact that the violent crime rate in every jurisdiction where concealed carry has been made lawful has gone DOWN, significantly, not up.
Seth

I have told you, and shown you with various references that this lie from John Lott has been discredited. The reverse is true. More concealed carry means more murders. Full stop!
For every human action, there is a rationalisation and a reason. Only sometimes do they coincide.

Blind groper

Post by Blind groper » Fri May 03, 2013 2:36 am

Collector1337 wrote:
Suck on that, tyrant.
Deep sigh!

Collector, this discussion is not about what laws or legal decisions exist. I am well aware of the idiotic laws and legal decisions on this matter, and I am not disputing them. What I am saying is that they are wrong.
For every human action, there is a rationalisation and a reason. Only sometimes do they coincide.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri May 03, 2013 2:54 am

Blind groper wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:
Suck on that, tyrant.
Deep sigh!

Collector, this discussion is not about what laws or legal decisions exist. I am well aware of the idiotic laws and legal decisions on this matter, and I am not disputing them. What I am saying is that they are wrong.
What we're saying is that we don't give a fuck what you think, and that you have your head up your ass so far you can see the backside of your tonsils.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Blind groper

Post by Blind groper » Fri May 03, 2013 3:08 am

A standard Seth reply, which totally fails to address the issue.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri May 03, 2013 3:26 am

Blind groper wrote:A standard Seth reply, which totally fails to address the issue.
There is no issue. We enjoy the fundamental natural right to keep and bear arms, our government is forbidden to infringe on that right by our fundamental founding documents, and we don't give a fuck what you think about it. Your opinion is ex-recto and is worth exactly what we paid for it...nothing. You may state your opinion as much as you like, and we can tell you that you're full of shit and don't care what you have to say about our national laws as much as we like.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:52 am

Blind groper wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:
Suck on that, tyrant.
Deep sigh!

No. They are not wrong.

Why do you think we give a rat's ass what you think?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

orpheus
About me: The name is Epictetus. Waldo Epictetus.

Post by orpheus » Fri May 03, 2013 4:33 am

Collector1337 wrote:
Blind groper wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:
Suck on that, tyrant.
Deep sigh!

No. They are not wrong.

Why do you think we give a rat's ass what you think?
Because you continue to engage in the argument?
I think that language has a lot to do with interfering in our relationship to direct experience. A simple thing like metaphor will allows you to go to a place and say 'this is like that'. Well, this isn't like that. This is like this.

—Richard Serra