Lies, Statistics and Unemployment Figures

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Lies, Statistics and Unemployment Figures

Post by laklak » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:01 pm

Teh gummint should make sure every person wins a lotto jackpot, that would solve all our problems.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am

laklak wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:01 pm
Teh gummint should make sure every person wins a lotto jackpot, that would solve all our problems.
Recycling unproductive people is the best solution.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 am

recycling, you mean, as per soylent green?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 am
recycling, you mean, as per soylent green?
:drool:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:59 am

rainbow wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:56 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 am
The remaining 35% are either considered to be economically inactive, and thus don't qualify to be counted; in the black economy, and thus don't want to be counted; or of private means, and thus sit at home all day counting their change and complaining about the poor and the tax rate.
That 35% is a huge part of the population.
I know that in Germany they would encourage people to enter the jobs market later, by remaining students well into their 20s, doing pointless postgrad degrees. Then on the other hand encouraging people to take early retirement, sometimes as low as 55. This means that a person may be employed for only 30 years, out of a lifespan of about 80.
Then people are given extended maternity and special leave sabbaticals, which are also not counted as unemployment.
It is a big number but I don't think it means there's 40% of the population out of work.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Soylent, biodiesel, cattle feed, the possibilities are endless.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:10 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Something you dont understand. Just go and lie down in your trailer there's a good something or other.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. A cop vs a scientist, who do you think has a better grasp on stats? Hint: it's not the geriatric cop.

edit: I also note that you continue to go personal. Shines a light on your hypocrisy over having a tantrum because I mentioned your wife.
His wife is a lovely woman, who likely always takes it up the ass when asked, and swallows EVERY drop while maintaining eye-contact.

I mean, she does for everyone else...so welcoming, friendly and enthusiastic. He must REALLY get a good treatment!

So you stop fucking insulting his wife you mostrously ignorant scientist!

As to the OP, they ask at addresses, and I can tell you that if their social services are similar to ours in Canada, that alone excludes a lot of the targeted demographic. It's like trying to count the homeless. No-one wants to tell you that (usually) so they have endless trouble doing a 'Point In Time' count (for instance)

See, people who are on social assistance can't rent their spare room to a nephew without reporting it, so he stays (he's FAMILY) but can't let anyone know - certainly not a surveyor from the government.

It's tough to find out who is suffering, because like drowning, it is quiet and unremarkable (until the body floats up)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:01 pm

We used to do a physical count, city by city, of homeless ‘rough sleepers’. The Blair/Brown government virtually eliminated it over six or seven years. ‘Austerity’ and Conservative values have seen the numbers rise again to unacceptable levels. I’m not sure anyone is required to do a count any more either but it is estimated at a little over 4500. The figure has risen by 165% since 2010. Fucking Conservatives.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Rum wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:01 pm
Fucking Conservatives.
Blaming fucking conservatives isn't all that helpful. If we could find a way to blame YOU, we might get somewhere.

Counting the homeless is an easy thing to do, if you REALLY want to know how many they are. No-one wants to admit how big the problem really is though. An example of a 'hidden homeless' is a young under-employed chick sleeping on someone's couch in exchange for minor sexual favours.

Not optimal for her, but she wouldn't show in many studies...

So my proposal, harsh and Cuntish, is to count those who have a home, then count the turds in the sewer, and calculate how many people were not able (or willing) to identify a home.

This might yield a number slightly higher than the genuinely homeless, but I don't give as much of a fuck about that end of errors.

There might be better ways than counting turds, but the idea is that it is easier to count the 'homed', with all their infrastructure and support, than to count the homeless, with their varying situations and cautious nature.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:18 pm

What? An active and effective left leaning policy more or less eliminated rough sleeping. A change of government to a Conservative one that has not had a policy on the issue until late in the day sees the numbers increasing very significantly.

What’s not to get?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 am
Our Overlord Masters are lying to us.
How can there be a labour participation rate of 60%, but only 5% unemployment?
Labor participation is the percentage of the working age population which is working. You are in the labor force if you are working, looking for work, or self-employed. The percentage is the number of people working divided by the number of people eligible to be in the labor force.

Unemployment is calculated by polling people to see if they are ready, willing and able to work, and if they have looked for work in the four weeks prior to the survey. Failing to look for work makes you not unemployed. Not being ready, willing or able to work makes you not unemployed (even though you are eligible to be in the labor force).
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Rum wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:18 pm
What? An active and effective left leaning policy more or less eliminated rough sleeping.
Good. A left-leaning policy in the US and Canada (housing first) has claimed to have eliminated homelessness in a few cities. I didn't have too hard a time finding some people who disagreed that it had been eliminated.

I'm all for reducing 'rough sleepers', but it's not at all the whole problem. I think some of the most tragically affected are those couch-serfing, as they are most likely to USE help to improve their life. (a lot of what would be 'rough sleepers' here are people with multiple diagnosis of mental health and other problems - VERY challenging to help)
A change of government to a Conservative one that has not had a policy on the issue until late in the day sees the numbers increasing very significantly.

What’s not to get?
Conservatives might be fuckers, but if they are, calling them fuckers won't help at all.

If, alternately, we found a way to blame YOU, your make-up wouldn't allow you to leave it that way. You would fix what you thought you did wrong.

Or at least I hope so.

Do you get about counting the homeless being a waste of time? I could compare it to searching for hiders...you will only ever find those who are not good at hiding.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:30 pm

What?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm

You're right (or I believe you) about lefty policies improving the count of rough sleepers.

I was asking if you would look at yourself, instead of conservatives. Their errors are a lot easier to see, what with them being the enemy and everything.

But the lefties don't bother getting a good count of who is 'homed' (which would be simple) instead trying to count the homeless (who are variously motivated to hide from such counts)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:44 am

What?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.