America's History Fibs

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: America's History Fibs

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Scot, it doesn't work like that. We don't get rid of people for being irritating, or we would quickly have a much smaller forum... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Ok Jim. Keep your Russian trolls. I dont read them anyway.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:39 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:50 pm
Seabass wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 pm
American and European culture was very racist up until about 50-60 years ago, and it was a rather precipitous change since then.
American culture is still very racist, as is evident from the motherfucker we put in the White House.
That's absurd. Racism is very unpopular. To make open racist comments will easily get one fired from one's job,
Unless one is a Republican politician.
Assuming your'e referring to Steve King, he was removed from all committee assignments, which is the most anyone can do to an elected official, here or anywhere else, generally speaking, unless the guy gets impeached, which generally would be for a crime of some sort, and impeachment is probably not worth it, given the length of that process. The Republican Party will cut him off at the knees in the next House election.
:funny:

It only took them how long? How many years?

And it's not like the GOP's racism problems begin and end with Steve King. He's just the most flagrant about it.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:43 am

wait, the GOP is the party that freed the slaves in the first place, how did they turn racist like they are now?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:35 pm
Scot, it doesn't work like that. We don't get rid of people for being irritating, or we would quickly have a much smaller forum... :tea:
Scot's right though. Cunt shouldn't be allowed to act as he does. It should be obvious that our failure to remove toxic people from the forum is the reason we are so small now. That kind of shits all over your argument if you ask me. :tea:

42 isn't a troll.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 am

FFS people chill the fuck out. If you don't agree don't respond. Take the high road, like smoke a blunt. Fuck me, if I said everything that comes into my head every time somebody else says something mind-numbingly stupid I'd be divorced, broke, alone, and living in a fucking cave above the snow line. If I tried to come into the village they'd chase me out with pointed sticks and fucking torches.

Seriously. Crack a brew and toke up a bowl.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 am
Cunt shouldn't be allowed to act as he does.
Cunt notes to you that my only 'acts' here are words, and you read them willingly.

Or not.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 am

Withholding committee assignments isn't the 'most anyone can do to an elected official.' The House of Representatives has the ability to formally reprimand, censure, and ultimately expell members.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:43 am
wait, the GOP is the party that freed the slaves in the first place, how did they turn racist like they are now?
I wouldn't call the Republican party 'racist,' but I do think that as a party it is more willing to accept racists like Steve King. As for why, it's complicated, but to simplify, the turning point in its history in regard to its approach to civil rights and its approach to minorities (particularly black Americans) was in the 60s.

The Democratic party had long been almost completely dominant in the south as the party of Jim Crow (segregation, suppressing the voting rights of black people, etc.). Not all southern Democrats were racist of course, but it was definitely the party that maintained the racist laws in the south.

In the north the Democratic party had a more liberal approach to these issues. It was a matter of convenience and power that these two elements worked together, predicated on the northern Democrats not stepping on the toes of their southern brethren on questions of race and civil rights. When John F. Kennedy (a liberal northern Democrat) was elected he decided to support civil rights for blacks, threatening that arrangement. His vice president Lyndon Johnson, though a southern Democrat, came to agree with Kennedy's program of supporting civil rights. After Kennedy was assassinated and Johnson became president, he chose to push the civil rights reforms forward.

There is an almost certainly apocryphal story about Johnson telling an aide after signing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that 'We have lost the South for a generation.' The reason this anecdote is repeated is because it encapsulates the effect of the Civil Rights Act on the Democratic party in the south. Many southern Democrats were displeased by Johnson's success, to put it mildly.

The Republican party on the other hand saw an opportunity, and through what became known as the Southern strategy, courted white voters in the south. There had already been defections by southern Democratic politicians to the Republican party, and that continued through the 60s (see for example Jesse Helms, who began his political career as a Democrat, but ran for the US Senate as a Republican). By the the mid-70s the Republican party had become more conservative than it had been in previous decades, and that trend continued into the 80s under Reagan.

As Johnson supposedly predicted, the south had become a stronghold of the Republican party, though this condition has lasted for more than 'a generation.'
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:42 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
Cunt shouldn't be allowed to act as he does.
Cunt notes to you that my only 'acts' here are words, and you read them willingly.

Or not.
In all likelihood, I'm much sicker than you. But I still manage not to bother our fellow travelers purposely for kicks, and that's a big fucking bonus.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 am

You are still sitting there, dismissing anything I might say, by insulting me and saying I'm doing this to insult people for kicks.

I'm sorry you don't have better in your life, than talking with someone you think isn't even real.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 am

I'm the sickest cunt around (other than laklak).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:46 am

I'm not sick! Mommy says I'm speshul.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:46 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 am
You are still sitting there, dismissing anything I might say, by insulting me and saying I'm doing this to insult people for kicks.

I'm sorry you don't have better in your life, than talking with someone you think isn't even real.
You're not a victim snowflake. Own it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:28 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
42 isn't a troll.
Neither is our member from Yellowknife. He is just incapable constructing a coherent train of thought. Some chatbots do better than him.

Another reason why he is mistaken for a troll is his profound streak of passive aggression which he attempts to disguise as sarcasm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould