Recommended: WW2 in Colour

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Recommended: WW2 in Colour

Post by Rum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:36 pm

I really recommend this as a history watch, not because of the colour - which does make it feel more 'real' in some ways I will grant you - but because whoever wrote the script has done a first rate job in summarizing events in a relatively short format show. Here's the start of episode #1 - more on Youtube or from your usual televisual provider. As a history buff with a decent knowledge of WW2 I recommend this highly, especially if you want a speedy tutorial.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Recommended: WW2 in Colour

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm so over WWII. Time to move on...

... to WWIII !!

/Crumple
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 am

Rum wrote:I really recommend this as a history watch, not because of the colour - which does make it feel more 'real' in some ways I will grant you - but because whoever wrote the script has done a first rate job in summarizing events in a relatively short format show. Here's the start of episode #1 - more on Youtube or from your usual televisual provider. As a history buff with a decent knowledge of WW2 I recommend this highly, especially if you want a speedy tutorial.
Thanks for the recommendation. This was a good presentation, and the color was a nice touch. I will watch the rest of the series as time permits.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 am

i find watching colour footage of ye olde days so fascinating!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 am

Dont like it I am afraid. Like old photo's that have been touched up. Colours to definite. A lot of presumptions made.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

I don't like world wars, easily preventable if given the chance and overly glorified.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont like it I am afraid. Like old photo's that have been touched up. Colours to definite. A lot of presumptions made.
Ah OK. I haven't watched this one yet. But I've seen others of actual colour footage from wwii
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 am

I wish they'd hurry up with the sequel.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont like it I am afraid. Like old photo's that have been touched up. Colours to definite. A lot of presumptions made.
Ah OK. I haven't watched this one yet. But I've seen others of actual colour footage from wwii
Even that is an improvement. The old Agfa film was red colour biased though. The flags were very red.

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".