The Secret Life Of Adolf Hitler

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

The Secret Life Of Adolf Hitler

Post by cronus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:33 pm

What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: The Secret Life Of Adolf Hitler

Post by klr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Can you give us the gist of it 30 seconds? I don't want to waste precious bandwidth allowance.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:23 pm

klr wrote:Can you give us the gist of it 30 seconds? I don't want to waste precious bandwidth allowance.
I was hoping for more. Took ten minutes before I realised there was to be no interesting stuff about his sex life....realised some here would have more patience than me. :tup:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

klr

Post by klr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:36 pm

According to Albert Speer, Eva Braun should not be of much interest to writers of history. Which led a historian (Hugh Trevor Roper?) to observe that then she wouldn't be of much interest to readers of history either. Or something like that ...
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 pm

klr wrote:Can you give us the gist of it 30 seconds? I don't want to waste precious bandwidth allowance.
According to a review I read most of the documentary consists of newsreel. So, not so secret. Home movies make up the balance, most of which you've probably also seen. Look, there's Hitler smiling at his wife, Blondi. And there's his dog, Eva smiling at Hitler. The only secret that is revealed is - better sit down for this - it's a real shocker: Hitler was really evil, but more than that, he was a real evil human.

In other news: Some shooting went on in the old world, or was it a different planet? Then John Wayne General Patton turned up and the shooting turned into a war which the US won. Admittedly, someone called Monty assisted a little at one stage. That was at Cassino.

The documentary would have been made by The History Channel, had it existed in 1958.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

klr

Post by klr » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Hermit wrote:
According to a review I read most of the documentary consists of newsreel. So, not so secret. Home movies make up the balance, most of which you've probably also seen. Look, there's Hitler smiling at his wife, Blondi. And there's his dog, Eva smiling at Hitler. The only secret that is revealed is - better sit down for this - it's a real shocker: Hitler was really evil, but more than that, he was a real evil human.

In other news: Some shooting went on in the old world, or was it a different planet? Then John Wayne General Patton turned up and the shooting turned into a war which the US won. Admittedly, someone called Monty assisted a little at one stage. That was at Cassino.

The documentary would have been made by The History Channel, had it existed in 1958.
And let us all be eternally thankful that it didn't.

BTW, I demand that "The History Channel" be renamed to "The Shit Channel", or something similar that accurately reflects its current programming content.

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:25 pm

The Old Flannel Channel.

klr

Post by klr » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Anyhow ... at this point, we probably know as much as we're ever likely to about Uncle Adolf. Just how many rehashings or reinterpretations do we need?

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm waiting for Adolf On Ice.

klr

Post by klr » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Clinton Huxley wrote:I'm waiting for Adolf On Ice.
Wait for the fourth or fifth instalment in the Frozen franchise. That ought to be close enough.