The Cock-Up Theory Of History?

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

The Cock-Up Theory Of History?

Post by cronus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 am

Who's in on this conspiracy then? To be serious a moment WW1 was started by accident. What else was? or are higher strategies at play in history? How much is contrived and how much accident?
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The Cock-Up Theory Of History?

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:48 am

Chaos theory. The accidents are described by chaos theory, and then the unimaginable consequences are described by chaos theory. Now if only anyone actually understood chaos theory...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:10 am

Not new.

See: Peter Principle
The Peter Principle is the principle that "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to their level of incompetence"
https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve ... ciple.html
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:21 am

Without cocks-up, there is no history. Only geology.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Many an earth-shaking series of events starts with "Oh fuck..."
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:45 pm

This alternative summary of WWI should explain everything:

God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

lofuji
About me: habitual drunkard, cannabis connoisseur; no wonder I never get anything done.

Post by lofuji » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:51 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Chaos theory. The accidents are described by chaos theory, and then the unimaginable consequences are described by chaos theory. Now if only anyone actually understood chaos theory...
I like to think that I understand chaos theory (but perhaps I don't). Anyway, if you're interested, here is my explanation:
random thoughts
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out brief candle
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing. [
Macbeth]

It am wicked to mock the afflicted. [
BH (Calcutta), failed]

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. [
Freewheelin' Franklin]

personal blog:
the view from fanling [stories about Hong Kong and any other shite I can think up]

jamest

Post by jamest » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Cocks up certainly perpetuated human history.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:22 am

jamest wrote:Cocks up certainly perpetuated human history.
Not in Africa, since they introduced the Missionary Position.
BArF−4

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:42 am

lofuji wrote:I like to think that I understand chaos theory (but perhaps I don't).
You do.
Anyway, if you're interested, here is my explanation:
random thoughts
I enjoyed that. Very succinct and, more importantly, accurate.

:tup:
Dogma is the death of the intellect

jamest

Post by jamest » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Accurate? That's debatable. Ask any philosopher worth his/her salt to rationally contemplate 'chaos' and there'd be none of this guff about not being able to predict the weather after 5 days, or a comet's trajectory after so many years.

Chaos is one of those concepts which cannot avoid absoluteness, like God. As such, to use it at all would be to imply that there is some divisible realm (chaos cannot be applicable to an indivisible realm) from and for which NOTHING can ever be known.

Chaos cannot relate to a realm where definite things are known and - to a certain extent - relations between them can be understood. That's just bollocks. It's a bit like saying that God is a finite entity who likes to eat fish on a Tuesday. IT MAKES NO SENSE WRT REASON.

However the mathematicians and physicists have decided to define 'chaos', I can tell you right now that they have abused the concept. Just as they did with 'infinity' and 'nothing'.

Put me in power. I'll start burning their books and hanging the bastards.

hackenslash

Post by hackenslash » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:02 am

jamest wrote:Accurate? That's debatable. Ask any philosopher worth his/her salt to rationally contemplate 'chaos' and there'd be none of this guff about not being able to predict the weather after 5 days, or a comet's trajectory after so many years.
Which is fine, except for two things:

1. Who gives a flying fuck what a philosopher has to say?
2. Chaos theory isn't philosophy.
Chaos is one of those concepts which cannot avoid absoluteness, like God. As such, to use it at all would be to imply that there is some divisible realm (chaos cannot be applicable to an indivisible realm) from and for which NOTHING can ever be known.
You might think that, if you have exactly no fucking clue of what chaos actually is. That you erect this idiotic argument indicates only that you either didn't have the brains or the patience to read and understand the post. Or did you miss the bit where chaos is actually DETERMINISTIC.
Chaos cannot relate to a realm where definite things are known and - to a certain extent - relations between them can be understood. That's just bollocks. It's a bit like saying that God is a finite entity who likes to eat fish on a Tuesday. IT MAKES NO SENSE WRT REASON.
Not the reason achievable by your tiny mind, certainly.
However the mathematicians and physicists have decided to define 'chaos', I can tell you right now that they have abused the concept. Just as they did with 'infinity' and 'nothing'.
No, as with infinity and nothing, they've made the concept rigorous.
Of course you will mate. You're a fuckwit. That's what fuckwits do.

jamest

Post by jamest » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:28 am

hackenslash wrote:
jamest wrote:Accurate? That's debatable. Ask any philosopher worth his/her salt to rationally contemplate 'chaos' and there'd be none of this guff about not being able to predict the weather after 5 days, or a comet's trajectory after so many years.
Which is fine, except for two things:

1. Who gives a flying fuck what a philosopher has to say?
2. Chaos theory isn't philosophy.
1. Lots of people, actually. Most of those who don't are fucking half-wits, like yourself.
2. 'Chaos theory' might not be philosophy, but the concept of chaos is certainly open to philosophical consideration.
You might think that, if you have exactly no fucking clue of what chaos actually is.
Are you talking about chaos or chaos theory?
That you erect this idiotic argument indicates only that you either didn't have the brains or the patience to read and understand the post.
I read the post. Interesting, but missed the mark, as usual.
Or did you miss the bit where chaos is actually DETERMINISTIC.
Now you're talking shite. Any theory which equates chaos with determinism is obviously the consequence of smoking car fumes.
Not the reason achievable by your tiny mind, certainly.
You've finally admitted that there is a mind. Btw, I have a robe and sandals offer on for Easter. You need to order NOW to get them before the weekend. So, stop fucking around.
No, as with infinity and nothing, they've made the concept rigorous.
Don't be a tit. Mathematical proofs proceed the premises upon which they are built. In other words, they never achieve more than validity. Such is maths.
Of course you will mate. You're a fuckwit. That's what fuckwits do.
I'm merciful, you'll be glad to hear.

hackenslash

Post by hackenslash » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:08 am

jamest wrote:1. Lots of people, actually. Most of those who don't are fucking half-wits, like yourself.
Awww, come on. You know full well that, if I'm a half-wit, you're entirely witless. Don't denigrate yourself thus. Leave that to me, not least because I'm considerably better at it.
2. 'Chaos theory' might not be philosophy, but the concept of chaos is certainly open to philosophical consideration.
Only once properly defined, as it has been in the blog post linked above.
Are you talking about chaos or chaos theory?

One deals with the other. As long as the distinction is understood, we're good.
I read the post. Interesting, but missed the mark, as usual.
Usual for what? As always, your terms go undefined (for later apologetic convenience, no doubt).
Now you're talking shite. Any theory which equates chaos with determinism is obviously the consequence of smoking car fumes.
Wiki wrote:Chaos theory is a field of study in mathematics, with applications in several disciplines including meteorology, sociology, physics, engineering, economics, biology, and philosophy. Chaos theory studies the behavior of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions—a response popularly referred to as the butterfly effect. Small differences in initial conditions (such as those due to rounding errors in numerical computation) yield widely diverging outcomes for such dynamical systems, rendering long-term prediction impossible in general.[1] This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future behavior is fully determined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved.[2] In other words, the deterministic nature of these systems does not make them predictable.[3][4] This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos. The theory was summarized by Edward Lorenz as follows:[5]
I can provide a great deal of more robust material here. if the citations in the Wiki article aren't sufficient for you, including several books (not least Chaos by James Gleick, which is a w0onderful précis of the topic for the layman, though possibly a bit beyond your ken).
You've finally admitted that there is a mind. Btw, I have a robe and sandals offer on for Easter. You need to order NOW to get them before the weekend. So, stop fucking around.
I prefer trackies and trainers, being a de facto Northerner.
Don't be a tit. Mathematical proofs proceed [sic] the premises upon which they are built. In other words, they never achieve more than validity. Such is maths.
Wrong. They achieve soundness, which is more than any of your eructations have ever done.
I'm merciful, you'll be glad to hear.
Phew, thank fuckwit for that.

BTW, aren't you glad I'm here?

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 am

hackenslash wrote: BTW, aren't you glad I'm here?
:yawn: Delighted

Now go away.
BArF−4