Sixties Seventies Eighties : Decades Of A Sex Monster Elite?

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Sixties Seventies Eighties : Decades Of A Sex Monster Elite?

Post by cronus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 am

Was them mores of the sixties and seventies and eighties fundamentally wrong and did they allow a sex monster elite to rise in the West ?? Is 'Merica waiting for it's Jimmy Saville awakening? A moral shift to more historically traditional restraint in standards even if not in reality? In time will those decades be viewed as the repulsive anomaly they most likely were when a small elite of sex monsters in politics and celebrity and music and culture somehow managed to fuck up the one chance we had as a species for reaching the stars and becoming truly engaged with our social advancement?
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Re: Sixties Seventies Eighties : Decades Of A Sex Monster El

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 am

Have you been licking sellotape again?

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:58 am

Clinton Huxley wrote:Have you been licking sellotape again?
No, it's a old book of photos from New York in the seventies. Got me astounded. You?

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:59 am

Not on a work day.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Scumple wrote:Was them mores of the sixties and seventies and eighties fundamentally wrong and did they allow a sex monster elite to rise in the West ?? Is 'Merica waiting for it's Jimmy Saville awakening? A moral shift to more historically traditional restraint in standards even if not in reality? In time will those decades be viewed as the repulsive anomaly they most likely were when a small elite of sex monsters in politics and celebrity and music and culture somehow managed to fuck up the one chance we had as a species for reaching the stars and becoming truly engaged with our social advancement?
:drunk:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:15 pm

I reckon the rise of the cult of celebrity has merely led to another outlet for an existing problem. This sort of thing has always gone on, and will continue to do so. The last few decades have seen the emergence of a new priesthood, is all.
Dogma is the death of the intellect

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 pm

hackenslash wrote:I reckon the rise of the cult of celebrity has merely led to another outlet for an existing problem. This sort of thing has always gone on, and will continue to do so. The last few decades have seen the emergence of a new priesthood, is all.
Perhaps some aspects of the human animal cannot be changed easily, expectations can be brought to bare and in that there is the best chance of social progress. Perhaps the pre-social-media age allowed the historic slime to glorify itself? In doing so it also left a trail and social criticism can be brought to bare on this trail, informing future expectations. Social progress is not determined by copying the past but by finding where it went wrong, and righting it in a revolutionary way. Technology brings a bright light on the dark corners where human evil lurks.

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:49 pm

That's the other point I'd meant to make, namely that information technology has impacted us in so many ways, some of which we might not immediately consider. People who've had these sorts of experiences could easily have tended to keep them quiet for the rest of their days, but the ability to see what others who've had similar experiences have done can strengthen the conviction to seek justice for oneself.

I know that's true of survivors of institutional abuse at the hands of the church, because I've been closely involved with some of it, due to my mum and grandmother both being survivors themselves.
Dogma is the death of the intellect