First troll for history-oriented talent for a new forum.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: First troll for history-oriented talent for a new forum.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Geoff wrote:Can I be "General De Rail"?
If you want a rank of "armored train", yes.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue May 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Who's going to be General Mayhem? :lol:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Geoff
Pouncer

Post by Geoff » Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm

klr wrote:Who's going to be General Mayhem? :lol:
I think Zilla claimed that ages ago... :mrgreen:
"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:43 pm

We have a home for the forum. Stand by for further details.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:We have a home for the forum. Stand by for further details.
:pop:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Okay, the forum will be housed at University of North Carolina. Technically, "ibiblio.org" will be the host. We have registered "hyperwar-talk.com" for the forum.

ibiblio has a few hundred terabytes of disk space online, so we won't be worried about room. (They don't even blink when I upload a 100 gig of PDFs.) It's also a stable system, and, more importantly, FREE. That's F, R, E, fucking E.

klr

Post by klr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:Okay, the forum will be housed at University of North Carolina. Technically, "ibiblio.org" will be the host. We have registered "hyperwar-talk.com" for the forum.

ibiblio has a few hundred terabytes of disk space online, so we won't be worried about room. (They don't even blink when I upload a 100 gig of PDFs.) It's also a stable system, and, more importantly, FREE. That's F, R, E, fucking E.
I couldn't care if it was housed in North Korea. :hmph:

No, wait ... :think:

They mightn't blink if 100 gigs of PDF's get uploaded, but someone on the other end might sit up and take notice if I tried that. :shifty:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 pm

klr wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:Okay, the forum will be housed at University of North Carolina. Technically, "ibiblio.org" will be the host. We have registered "hyperwar-talk.com" for the forum.

They mightn't blink if 100 gigs of PDF's get uploaded, but someone on the other end might sit up and take notice if I tried that. :shifty:
Patrick and I collectively, have enough information to restage WWII with 99.99% accuracy. I recently did a booklet on military executions. That guy de Grace got mentioned.

klr

Post by klr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
klr wrote:

Patrick and I collectively, have enough information to restage WWII with 99.99% accuracy. I recently did a booklet on military executions. That guy de Grace got mentioned.
Now you have me slightly worried. However, I don't believe Galway ever got bombed by anyone from either side during The Big One, so I should be safe enough. :whistle:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Does that mean I'm donating my services?
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 pm

DP wrote:

Do you ever think different? :console:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
DP wrote:

Do you ever think different? :console:
Meh, one lives in hope. it'll either be ready very soon or I will have placed a 7lb hammer in the screen of my laptop. ATM it's about 70/29 in favour of the former with a 1% chance of me using the hammer on myself.
D.N.A.

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:43 am

Any more info Zill?

Just point me at it and say "Prepare to Troll.... GO!"

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 am

I might be interested in performing some small service here....
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:18 am

Here is where we are now.

DP will be installing the software this weekend.

Then we'll be testing the structure and looking at the layout. When it's stable we'll let you in to continue testing and checking for bugs.

We're going to start with 4-6 admin peoples. Everyone that has volunteered has my thanks, and we'll keep you on the short list for staff as the place grows. (Like I said, we get over a million hits a month on the two sites, which MAY translate into a lot of traffic. Or not.)

Everyone is encouraged to provide feedback on everything. We have the luxury of not being in a life-boat situation here, so we can get it right before going "live".