Charles de Gaulle - did this fucker have ANY redeeming quali

Horwood Beer-Master
"...a complete Kentish hog"
Location: Wandering somewhere around the Darenth Valley - Kent

Charles de Gaulle - did this fucker have ANY redeeming quali

Post by Horwood Beer-Master » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

...ties? (sorry - ran out of space in the title)

I'd answer 'no' by the looks of it. :nono:

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Re: Charles de Gaulle - did this fucker have ANY redeeming quali

Post by maiforpeace » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 am

Horwood Beer-Master wrote:...ties? (sorry - ran out of space in the title)

I'd answer 'no' by the looks of it. :nono:
A big nose? :dono:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 am

I am not remotely surprised. Not even a teensy-eentsy-weentsy bit. Not a smidgeon. :coffee:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am

Even for a frenchman he was a twat .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

klr

Post by klr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 am

Just eager to show he was in charge. That and the fact that he resented the English and would continue to do so to the end of his days. :hmph:

He also got into a spat with at last one other SOE agent, the famous George Starr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Reginald_Starr
... During the Liberation, Starr's group took control of the Toulouse area. When Charles de Gaulle visited the region, he got into a spirited argument with Starr and threatened to imprison him, until de Gaulle apparent changed his mind and shook Starr's hand.
I remember reading a feature in the Reader's Digest many lifetimes ago which gave a more detailed and colourful account of this incident. Apparently, Starr was able to give as good as he got, and then some, and de Gaulle basically had to back down to save face (and/or was impressed by his bravado). Capt. Lake was much more the diplomat, so no surprise that he went on to have a career in the UK consular service.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

devogue

Post by devogue » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:44 am

Everything I have ever read about de Gaulle confirms to me that he was a spectacularly cuntish man.

I have read a shit load of Second World War histories and plenty about post-war Europe and any time he is mentioned itis in a negative light. I am sure our resident WW2 buff Gawdzilla would be able to confirm my observation.

klr

Post by klr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 am

Devogue wrote:Everything I have ever read about de Gaulle confirms to me that he was a spectacularly cuntish man.

I have read a shit load of Second World War histories and plenty about post-war Europe and any time he is mentioned itis in a negative light. I am sure our resident WW2 buff Gawdzilla would be able to confirm my observation.
They were probably almost all written by English speakers, but hey ... :hehe:

Deep Sea Isopod
Bathynomus giganteus

Post by Deep Sea Isopod » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Anyone who's been named after an Airport in France has godda be stupid as fuck. :nono:
I run with scissors. It makes me feel dangerous Image

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Le Cunt.

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."