Prematures.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: Prematures.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
CJ wrote::drool: Wow!
Meh, it's 210 pages, so it'll take me 3-4 days to get it under control. Sowwy.
Okay, I lied. It's 421 pages. (Two parts I'll have to meld.) Anyway, couple more days.

In other news, "Machine Gun, Vol. 1" will be up for the 4th of July weekend.

We'll be looking for volunteered to proof the other four volumes, btw. :whistle:
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:47 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:Up:
JAPANESE MONOGRAPH NO. 45
HISTORY OF IMPERIAL GENERAL HEADQUARTERS
ARMY SECTION
(REVISED EDITION)
HEADQUARTERS
UNITED STATES ARMY JAPAN
ASSISTANT CHIEF OF STAFF, G3
FOREIGN HISTORIES DIVISION

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:35 pm

THE MACHINE GUN
Development During World War II and Korean Conflict by the United States and their Allies, of Full Automatic Machine Gun Systems and High Rate of Fire Power Driven Cannon

by
George M. Chinn
COLONEL, USMC (Retired)
Volume Three of Four Volumes
PREPARED FOR THE BUREAU OF ORDNANCE
Department of the Navy

PREFACE
The series of books entitled "The Machine Gun" has been prepared with the belief that the next best thing to actual knowledge is knowing where to find it. The research summarized within the covers of these volumes has been compiled by (he Bureau of Ordnance, Department of the Navy, in order to place in the hands of those rightfully interested in the art of automatic weapon design, the world's recorded progress in this field of endeavor.

The primary purpose of Parts VII and IX of Volume III is to make available to those in authority pertinent data on the experimental work carried on to improve the design of automatic aircraft cannon by the United States and other major powers during and since World War II. Through data given in Volume III, personnel reporting for duty in research and development activities can acquaint themselves with certain phases of developmental work that already have been accomplished.

The information in most instances was compiled by the originators of the mechanisms and is presented in substantially the same form as when first prepared. The claims, recommendations, and conclusions represent the opinions of responsible personnel at the time the reports were submitted. No editorial comment has been included; accordingly, opinions formed by the reader will be based solely on authenticated source material.

For purposes of clarity and uniformity, the topics within chapters have been arranged in as nearly the same order as possible. Because the goal of this book is to present the case history of each gun in the form the cognizant activities chose, deviations from their arrangement of material have been made only where the original reports were organized so differently that rearrangement for consistency of presentation seemed desirable.

Parts VIII and IX of Volume III, unlike Part I through VII of Volumes I and II, deal Strictly with technical aspects of the mechanisms; therefore, charts are included to give specific engineering data in condensed form. It is hoped that these graphic presentations will aid in the quick location of facts when this volume is used as reference material during a conference or other similar situation.
To show the evolution of some of our most advanced automatic firing mechanisms, it was necessary to illustrate several weapons that are so outmoded that they arc not listed m the chapter entitled "Automatic Gun Designations." Accordingly, it was thought appropriate to introduce them pictorially in order to establish proof of the existence of the parent design.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
THE MACHINE GUN
Development During World War II and Korean Conflict by the United States and their Allies, of Full Automatic Machine Gun Systems and High Rate of Fire Power Driven Cannon

by
George M. Chinn
COLONEL, USMC (Retired)
Volume Three of Four Volumes
PREPARED FOR THE BUREAU OF ORDNANCE
Department of the Navy

PREFACE
The series of books entitled "The Machine Gun" has been prepared with the belief that the next best thing to actual knowledge is knowing where to find it. The research summarized within the covers of these volumes has been compiled by (he Bureau of Ordnance, Department of the Navy, in order to place in the hands of those rightfully interested in the art of automatic weapon design, the world's recorded progress in this field of endeavor.

The primary purpose of Parts VII and IX of Volume III is to make available to those in authority pertinent data on the experimental work carried on to improve the design of automatic aircraft cannon by the United States and other major powers during and since World War II. Through data given in Volume III, personnel reporting for duty in research and development activities can acquaint themselves with certain phases of developmental work that already have been accomplished.

The information in most instances was compiled by the originators of the mechanisms and is presented in substantially the same form as when first prepared. The claims, recommendations, and conclusions represent the opinions of responsible personnel at the time the reports were submitted. No editorial comment has been included; accordingly, opinions formed by the reader will be based solely on authenticated source material.

For purposes of clarity and uniformity, the topics within chapters have been arranged in as nearly the same order as possible. Because the goal of this book is to present the case history of each gun in the form the cognizant activities chose, deviations from their arrangement of material have been made only where the original reports were organized so differently that rearrangement for consistency of presentation seemed desirable.

Parts VIII and IX of Volume III, unlike Part I through VII of Volumes I and II, deal Strictly with technical aspects of the mechanisms; therefore, charts are included to give specific engineering data in condensed form. It is hoped that these graphic presentations will aid in the quick location of facts when this volume is used as reference material during a conference or other similar situation.
To show the evolution of some of our most advanced automatic firing mechanisms, it was necessary to illustrate several weapons that are so outmoded that they arc not listed m the chapter entitled "Automatic Gun Designations." Accordingly, it was thought appropriate to introduce them pictorially in order to establish proof of the existence of the parent design.
http://www.ibiblio.net/hyperwar/USN/ref/MG/index.html